Photo by Melody

Garden Shed: Storage of weedwacker, tiller, other electrical yard tools?

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 8, Views: 154
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 6, 2009
8:16 PM

Post #6785700

We are trying to get our garage "rationalized." Any ideas how best to store the weedwacker, small Mantis tiller, leaf blower, etc? They are awkward sizes. I'd like to hang them from the wall or ceiling...
sharonf1
Lake in the Hills, IL
(Zone 5a)

July 7, 2009
9:55 AM

Post #6788016

I use Rubbermaid's Fast Track system in my toolshed. It's a shaped bar. Then there are hooks of various sizes and shapes. There are several that can accommodate odd shaped tools, bikes and other gear. These hooks slide on the bar - nice. Can reposition them as needed without making more holes in the walls. The tracks are rated for over 1500 pounds if mounted in studs and drywall.

~Sharon
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2009
1:29 PM

Post #6788420

Thanks, Sharon -- I'll look into that.
eetrapnoel
Fort Worth, TX

August 5, 2009
2:17 AM

Post #6908474

I second the rubbermaid , passed it quite a few times in the store. The attatchments are pricey but it is a high quality system.
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 5, 2009
11:47 AM

Post #6909527

We are definitely going to get it -- I have my Amazon order all ready. It turns out there is some moisture on the spot we are planning to install it, so I have to address that first (it is seeping in from an exterior spigot, I think). I really appreciate the suggestion!!!!
Pamgarden
Central, VA
(Zone 7b)

August 13, 2009
7:23 PM

Post #6943029

Happy, when you get your system up and running will you take a picture and share it here. We must rationalize our garage as well. Moved in two years ago and still tripping over all kinds of garden equipment. It makes me cringe whenever I go through the garage. The thought of driving the 3 hour round trip to the big box store also bums me out, but ordering from Amazon...I can do that. Pam
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

August 13, 2009
9:32 PM

Post #6943406

All the stuff from Amazon has arrived, and I'm impressed by how sturdy it is, Pam. We won't be able to put it up for a while, though, because of the moisture problem which isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. So I really hope I love this system!

I'd be happy to post a photo once we get it installed, though it won't be very visible. We built a very simple system (from a plan on the internet -- see next paragraph) for suspending our extension ladders from the ceiling, and that contraption is only about a foot away from the wall it parallels. I am going to squeeze the Rubbermaid system along that wall. It will be just above a series of doors that we use very infrequently (they go to a storage area under the steps, and to the furnace), so I'm going to have the tools just hang down in front of the doors. I'll try to keep mostly short tools there that won't interfere with the doors, but I won't fret about it. On the rare occasion when I have to use the doors, we'll just remove any long tools.

Here is the plan for the extension ladder, by the way: http://www.stellarcontent.biz/files/GARAGESTORAGE.pdf. We made it hang a little further from the ceiling, and added an extra set of supports so we could store 2 ladders on it. I almost wish we had added it third. We are very UNhandy, but it is sturdy and I love it.

Bit by bit we are trying to get everything up off the floor so that some day, maybe just maybe, we can actually park in our garage!!!!
NYVOICES99
Corning, NY
(Zone 5a)

January 19, 2010
6:36 PM

Post #7476530

Hi Happy,
I too would love to see this when you have it done, I need to do somthing in my shed, this sounds like just what would work..:)Anita
happy_macomb
Chevy Chase, MD
(Zone 7a)

January 19, 2010
9:05 PM

Post #7476891

The tool storage is on hold, because we have moisture in the garage and we want to make sure we have eradicated that before we paint, and we want to paint before we put up the Rubbermaid system. And that blended in with another project that we can't finish until the weather is warmer...

But the ladder project is done. I don't think that is what you wanted to see, but if I am wrong, please let me know.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America