Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Flea Markets as a Source for Plants and Garden Supplies: flea mkt plants

Communities > Forums > Article: Flea Markets as a Source for Plants and Garden Supplies
bookmark
Forum: Article: Flea Markets as a Source for Plants and Garden SuppliesReplies: 2, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
southernscarlet
Morristown, TN

July 7, 2009
2:16 AM

Post #6787095

correct you are, i visited my local flea mkt this wkend and picked up 2 gorgeous minature hollyhocks..the guy raises them in his greenhouses, the ones i bought are gallon sz and the plants are 2 ft high for $10 each...lucky me!!!! what a deal
lazepherine
Seattle, WA

July 8, 2009
9:02 PM

Post #6794565

Most of the Flea Markets around here don't sell plants, and the Farmers Markets sell mostly veggies and herbs as far as plants go.
I have found another great resource for garden art and funky pots though - Goodwill! There's always a plethora of wooden objects available at our local Goodwill, some of which make excellent short term pots or garden art. Any good sized secondhand store may have interesting things to offer. Not nearly as good as Palmbob's Flea Market though - what a treasure trove for the garden.
pmhack
Irvine, CA

August 1, 2009
6:19 PM

Post #6894339

Both great ideas. I'm in Orange County, CA and have access to lots of flea markets, including the Rose Bowl when I go to Pasadena. I've found them to be a great resourse also. But I did not think of the Goodwill, which is now on my list. Another resource I have found is construction salvage sites. They occasionally have interesting architectural items for pots or wall art. Thanks for the info.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Flea Markets as a Source for Plants and Garden Supplies Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Location is everything CajuninKy 2 Jul 5, 2009 3:16 PM
Now I'm lusting after a good flea market! podster 1 Jul 6, 2009 8:11 PM
The Rose Bowl flea market bordersandjacks 0 Jul 5, 2009 4:12 PM
Original article Noturf 1 Jul 6, 2009 4:32 PM
meloncactus diedrika 0 Jul 6, 2009 4:28 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America