AuthorContent
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2009
3:52 PM

Post #6788973

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1009430/

Everyone is welcome to post your weather or just chat a while!

Sorry guys, I've been sick the last couple of days. I'll catch up in a little while.

79.3 F
Light Rain Mist
Humidity: 73%
Dew Point: 71 F
Wind: 5.4 mphfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph
Pressure: 29.86 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 82 F
Visibility: 5.0 miles
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1600 ft
Mostly Cloudy 5000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 13000 ft
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 18 ft

Now
Through 1155 am...scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms continue to develop across northeast Florida. The showers are moving east at 25 to 30 mph.The heaviest activity will move into areas Hatch Bend...oleno State Park...Bell...Gainesville...Hampton and Middleburg. Expect...brief gusty winds...heavy downpours and dangerous cloud to ground lightning with thunderstorm activity.

Today
Mostly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. High 85. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.

We're abnormally cool, but I won't complain LOL! My newest bloom, can't find the tag.

Thumbnail by MySharona
Click the image for an enlarged view.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2009
4:03 PM

Post #6789013

Thanks for the new thread, Sharon. Sorry you've been sick. Nothing drastic, I hope?

LOL Ric!

Pepper, glad you caught the mole! Cute but destructive.

76.5 F with 93 for the high. The lawn is mowed and watered. Now to relax.
Clear
Humidity: 30%
Dew Point: 43 F
Wind: 2.0 mph from the SSE
Wind Gust: 7.0 mph
Pressure: 29.83 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 77 F
Visibility: 10.0 miles
UV: 3 out of 16
Clouds: Clear -
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4383 ft

Here you go, folks! 'Mater Soup!!!

This message was edited Jul 7, 2009 10:05 AM

Thumbnail by kwanjin

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2009
4:42 PM

Post #6789167

Well, As I post about painting color is so wrong! Oh, I was so disappoint and sure it waste for nothing...

It was Cincinnatian Hotel Dominica ( very pastal yellow)...

So, I get the right color again this time some young guy at Lowe's is not reading what I show to them...

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 7, 2009
6:07 PM

Post #6789399

Hi! Well, we had an interesting week end...Saturday morning at 8:24 we had an earthquake w/ the epicenter almost right under the house! It registered 2.8 on the rictor. Poor Jack was scared to death & didn't show up until later (6:30 pm). LOL! We thought that another tree had fallen on the house!
The rest of the day went pretty good, tho.

Ric, I didn't have a tripod or remote, but I did manage to get a few good pics. And it didn't rain enough to dampen the spirit OR the fireworks. :) Love what you've done w/ the walkway! LOL! Wu is right-on w/ the safety! LOL!
Adina, Your yard looks really great! So many neat things!
Kiska!!!! Yippeee!!! :D When they go to seed you can have even more for next year! :D And btw...I love your Rose! What a Gorgeous pink! :D
Bernie, You had a lot of neat things for the flea market...nice set-up!
Mau, The Amaryllis is perking right along! :D I finally got all of the wild grape & PI (the 2 plagues in my yard) away from it yesterday, so I'll get a pic of it today. :)
Celia, I do hope that you are feeling better!
Pepper! What a Gorgeous Oriental Lily! Love that color! :D
Sharon, Thanks for the new thread...What a be-u-ti-ful! little flower! I hope you find the tag! Is it a vine?

Oh! yea! The weather! LOL!
Clear: 81F
Feels like: 82F
Barometer: 29.9 in
Dewpoint: 63
Humidity: 54%
Visibility: 10 miles
Precip in last hr: NA
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 5 mph N
Sunrise: 6:09 AM
Sunset: 8:47 PM
UV Index: 10 Very High

A little 'fire' as JW calls it...He loved it!
Have a great day!
Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 7, 2009
8:45 PM

Post #6789927

Sharon, I hope you're feeling better now. Your flower looks like a cosmos.

Rusty, I hope you didn't paint much with the wrong color. That's got to be frustrating the the people at the store gave you the wrong color.

Joey, earthquake under the house - well I never! Did it make a lot of noise? That's the thing that I always notice, how much noise the house makes. This house is probably pretty loose. It has been through two major earthquakes and a bunch of minor ones in its life. Do you have mine subsidence where you live? (I guess the whole state of WV hasn't been mined, but if you told me it was, I'd believe you.) That's a big thing where my mom and dad live. A school in their neighborhood had to be abandonned because of mine subsidence.

If you're outside in the sun, it feels hotter than this. The UV is almost like up in the Rockies.

Van Nuys, California (Airport)
Updated: 51 min 34 sec ago
84 F
Clear
Humidity: 37%
Dew Point: 55 F
Wind: 9 mph from the SE
Pressure: 29.88 in (Falling)
Heat Index: 83 F
UV: 12 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

Christmas cactus that doesn't know what time of year it is

Thumbnail by Kelli

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2009
8:49 PM

Post #6789940

Maybe it thinks it in Australia!
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 7, 2009
8:49 PM

Post #6789945

That's it! The upside down pot makes it think it's "down under".
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2009
9:14 PM

Post #6790031

LOL!!

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

July 7, 2009
10:59 PM

Post #6790441

Well, I already did paint all the one room so too late! lol... I'm not bother paint again so I did remove carpet and foam thing also too many staples on floor and wood with nails up... So, I did clean mop and vac about 4 times then use steam mop twice... It's so much dirt under the rug! So, I have 2 more room to remove living room and my 1st bedroom... All floor is wood expect hall way, bathroom and kitchen need upgrade so it too much to remove it then replace on floors...
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 8, 2009
1:37 AM

Post #6791216

Rusty I helped w/ the Kitchen Remodel at the Cincinnatian Hotel! LOL!

Company just popped in...Real quick and I'll BBL.

We are 16' into the boardwalk...

Ric

This message was edited Jul 7, 2009 11:08 PM

Thumbnail by henryr10

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 8, 2009
2:28 AM

Post #6791446

Wow, that looks great!

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 8, 2009
2:47 AM

Post #6791527

Wow! Ric! Looks really Great!
Rusty, I think that I would have Ric redo it for ya! ;)
Kelli, It Did make a lot of noise. It sounded like an explosion. They said that it was 11 kilometers down...I think that's about 8-9 miles. Actually there are no mines in this county or in the surrounding counties. I Love that pot! :D
Mau, Here it is...

Thumbnail by music2keep

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 8, 2009
3:23 AM

Post #6791672

Kelli that's an outstanding...er...outhanging pot!
Never seen anything like it.

A 2.8 is a big Quake for there.
Course Kelli or Rann wouldn't have even felt it...lol!

I edited the post it's 16' of Boardwak done not 26'.
It's been a bear figuring out where we're going w/ it.
There is a concrete pad next to it under the swing.
The swing is moving out... a toolshed/workshop is moving in.
Course you know us it ain't going to be your normal workshop... lol!

The owner of the converted garage next door is asking WAY to much but we'd LOVE to have it.
I think it would be cool to drop "Oh you can stay in our guesthouse by the pond." into a conversation...

It was hotter and drier today.
Maybe 85 for a high. Nice breeze. 66 now AHHHHHH...

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2009
10:01 AM

Post #6792223

Joey OMG! How scary! Im glad Jack came back homepoor baby. I think its a Cosmos not a vine. Very pretty blooms though. Pretty fire!
Kelli Thanks for the ID! Interesting info on the mine subsidence. Cool pot! Maybe because the Christmas cactus is upside down it thinks it is in Australia! And now Im a little too late for that comment LOL!
Ric The boardwalk looks great!

75.9 F
Rain Mist
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 70 F
Wind: Calm
Wind Gust: 0.0 mph
Pressure: 29.83 in (Falling)
Visibility: 5.0 miles
UV: 0 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2700 ft
Mostly Cloudy 3500 ft
Overcast 10000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Now
Through 630 am...scattered showers and a few thunderstorms are expected in an area from St Marys...the Jacksonville Metro area and Palm Valley westward to Lake Butler...Gainesville to Trenton. Showers and storms will move east to northeast at around 25 mph. Brief locally heavy rainfall is expected in some places. Heaviest rainfall amounts up to near 1 inch through 630 am will be located from around Kingsley to High Springs.

Today
Showers and thunderstorms. Locally heavy rainfall possible. High 85. Southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

Just try making up the bed!

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 8, 2009
1:55 PM

Post #6792783

Sharon your cat's broken... lol!

Curently 64 and cloudy here this morning but supposed to get near 80 and sunny?

Ric
kiska

(Zone 3b)

July 8, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #6792885

56*F~highs again to 70's-80's. The record is 84 set in 2003. The smoke from all the fires near Fairbanks has caused haze that has really settled here in the valley. The mountains were barely visible yesterday; a little better this morning.
MySharon~get well soon~thanks for the new thread and cute little kitty helper.
ric~the photo on the previous thread, Turnagain Pass, was taken at the rest stop along the road. The pass is open year-round and is a very popular snow-machining area in the winter. The board-walk is beautiful- I really like the cedar.
Adina~your landscaping/yard/garden are wonderful. It's been great watching your progress as it's been developed. Very nice.
Joey~the "fire" is beautiful. The quake must have been quite a surprise; glad all's well.
kelli~the Christmas cactus is fantastic~certainly unique in presentation, too.
I'll be sure to save seeds, Joey. Again, thanks so much.

Thumbnail by kiska

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 8, 2009
3:18 PM

Post #6793085

Ric, I'm going to steal your idea for the walk. I really, REALLY like how that is turning out. Love the flowers.

Sharon, glad you're better. Boo needs to not be so cute. Makes me want to snuggle her and take her home! LOL

68.9 F with 85 for the high. Cooler than yesterday's temps.
Clear
Humidity: 57%
Dew Point: 53 F
Wind: 2.7 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 13.5 mph
Pressure: 29.91 in (Rising)
(Above Ground Level)
Elevation: 4266 ft

This is a fountain at one of the local malls.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6793470

Celia, the fountain looks great! The Matter soup is so beautiful!
Joey, earthquake epicenter under the house...grrrr! Was little JW at home too?
Sharon, I'm glad you are feeling better! Thanks for starting a new thread for us, you poor thing, even if you weren't feeling so well...I also think that is a cosmos Pot Marigold...I have those too! Boo's face is just too cute, Ineed to snuggle him second after Celia!LOL
Kiska, thanks! That MG color is beautiful! Mine are almost the same color, I have to take some pics in the morning.
Ric, thanks! Your deck is great! And so useful!
Rusty, so much work! Did you get the good color?
Kelli, cool pot, but so unusual, no wonder poor cactus is dizzy !LOL How do you keep the soil from not falling down?
It's been hot, 90, a bit windy. It rained in the city , but not here. I could see the lightnings...but no pics!LOL The clouds just turned away from us...grr! I had to water again!
This is from a short trip me and the doggies made on Sunday. I needed to take some pics of some sunflowers. The sun was on my side and they were turned on the other side...how odd!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #6793478

The field.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:46 PM

Post #6793484

Viper's bugloss.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:47 PM

Post #6793487

St. John's wort.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:48 PM

Post #6793490

Wild Snapdragon.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:53 PM

Post #6793499

I wanted to go closer to the sunflowers but it was a very deep ditch betwenn us, so I just left. Momma dog near the ditch, laughing at me !LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:56 PM

Post #6793507

Rita too!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
4:58 PM

Post #6793513

Even Buck!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 8, 2009
5:00 PM

Post #6793519

We were a long way from home!

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 8, 2009
5:19 PM

Post #6793585

Howdy do folks!

We are in a cool down again, and rain. Saturday, we got over an inch and today, we've got a tenth so far. It's been in the 80's all week and is 73 , cloudy and cool. It will be back to 90 tomorrow, we'll get the grandsons then and keep them till sometime Saturday. This gives me one day to catch up here.

Today I ate cabbage, chard, green beans and potatoes from my own garden.

Last Saturday, in spite of 1 1/10'' rain, was a family reunion on my Mom's side. My cousins, who I used to see weekly all ended up in California. I haven't hugged any of them for many many years. It was a great day!

Yesterday I started my FREE flower pile across the road. Two people have taken a few pots already.

I also have to scan old family photos and send them to everyone. I just can't get any busier!

Sharon, hope you feel better soon! That's a gorgeous orange bloom and perfect to represent July!

Celia, Gorgeous bloom too! (I still need to photograph my quail collection. I haven't forgotten!)

Rusty, I wonder if it was a new guy who isn't quite with it yet. We just put in a new sink and the kid was really knew his stuff.

I am the proud owner of a sink with NO DIVIDERS!!! I can wash all my huge pans now without touching the bottom of the sink! It's 8 1/2'' deep compared to my 6 1/2'' old one. I'm thrilled, been wanting it for a long time!

Joey, an earthquake! Poor Jack! We've had thunder right over the house and a cat that hides. The ''fire'' is beautiful and JW so cute!

Kelli, what a neat planting for the cactus.

Celia, you crack me up!

Rusty, maybe it will be a nice color after it dries a few days. I know just what you mean by the dirt under the rugs LOL!

Ric, love the boardwalk! Beautiful!! You would always have a job if you decided to go construction. I have a lot of Texas DG friends that would love to see you coming! A guest house would be so cool! Wait for the guy to need some money, or just not be able to sell it with this economy. A bird in the hand is my motto. He may come down! What a cooling flower arrangement.

Sharon, ROTFL!!! I have to flop the sheets to get air under them so my cats can play while I make the bed. Must say I enjoy it too :o) What an adorable pose!

Broken cat! ROTFL!!

Kiska, what a gorgeous!!! morning glory!

Celia, I'd love to have the fountain in my yard. It's so cute!

Adina, love the shy sunflowers. My daylilies are like that. The first blooms all face away from me. What a lovely field of flowers! I like vipers bugloss! I always like the odd things :o) St. Johns looks like a Kerria and the wild Snap looks like my butter and eggs. Mama dog has quite a sense of humor, LOL! They all do! You are a ways from home, but what a nice walk!

Speaking of cats. Petey, who has been losing some weight!

Thumbnail by billyporter

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2009
7:53 PM

Post #6794215

Ric LOL! Boo sleeps like that all the time.
Kiska Your morning glory sure is pretty!
Celia Boo is cute and she knows it LOL! Very sassy too. Cute fountain!
Adina You and Celia can snuggle all you want, but you have to give Boo back! How big are the faces of the sunflowers? They look huge. I remember you posted a picture last year of the field. It was so pretty (or maybe it was the poppy field). Great pics!
Sally Yay on the new sink! I would love to have a single sink again. Boo and I play make up the bed every morning. She loves to kill the sheets LOL! Awww Petey hes gonna get squashed LOL!

Now
Through 430 PM...scattered showers and thunderstorms will continue to move through the Suwannee Valley with the heavier thunderstorms along Interstate 75 in Marion and Alachua counties...and on the Northside of Jacksonville... Yulee...fernandina and the nearshore coastal waters east of Nassau County. The showers are moving northeast at 25 miles an hour.

73.6 F
Heavy Thunderstorm Rain
Humidity: 79%
Dew Point: 66 F
Wind: 3.8 mphfrom the NE
Wind Gust: 8.1 mph
Pressure: 29.92 in(Steady)
Heat Index: 74 F
Visibility: 1.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1400 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2300 ft
Overcast 6000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

It's pouring outside! Lots of thunder too. Glad I'm inside.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2009
1:11 AM

Post #6795548

Another rocking chair takes a life! LOL

Sharon, where's Peanut these days? Did Boo eat her? LOL

Adina, I love your field. So many great things to look at.

It was nice out today. Not too hot. 87 and breezy.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 9, 2009
2:07 AM

Post #6795822

So THAT's how they get those 'singing' cat ditties!
He'd be toast here...
He's looking good though!
Got those Rocking Chair Abs!
OK I'll stop...lol!

Adina what a marvelous trip!
I'm thinking you got some great and quite handsome bodyguards there.

Didn't get a lot done today.
One panel and some serious design work.
Now we are on the same page (mostly) w/ the rest of the yard.
Then off for supplies.

Weather should hld thru Friday.
Our clear, sunny and hot day was cloudy, warm and a few drops... lol!

Here's 'Big Dipper'
Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 9, 2009
3:56 AM

Post #6796335

I got the upside down pot from someone on the DG Marketplace who makes them. I don't know what holds the soil in. I guess it's a combination of the shape of the the pot and compaction. You are supposed to let the pot sit upright for two weeks before turning it over.

I don't know what the temperature was today, but it was nice.

We finally got to see this cactus bloom. The past two years we missed it. When I saw that the buds were pretty far along, I put a note on the t.v. to remind us to go out and check on it after dark.

Thumbnail by Kelli

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 9, 2009
5:44 AM

Post #6796592

Kelli, it's so beautiful! I also used to put notes on the TV for reminding me something! But lately I seem to forget to put those notes!LOL
Sally, I'm so happy to hear from you! Congratulations for the flower pile. Maybe you can take a picture and show it to us. I wish you can sell lots of pots! You really are busy!LOL
Sharon, poor baby, I can hardly see him under that rocking chair!LOL
Ric, it's OK if you rested for a while yesterday ! You'll be in a better shape today! You guys are workoholics!LOL Beautiful picture! I wanted to ask you ...your colocasia and alocasia are planted in the garden?
Celia, what a beautiful butterfly! You made me laugh so hard !LOL
It's hot again today. The temps are going to 90 . We had a big storm last night which ripped off a datura and a 4 o'clock, before they even started to bloom...ugh! Still no rain.
A lady bug on a spaghetti squash leaf.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2009
11:39 AM

Post #6796853

Celia I had to take a picture of the Nut as Jeff calls her LOL! Shes a big girl now.
Ric I like Big Dipper!
Kelli Its an Epi but Im not sure which one. Its gorgeous!
Adina Im sorry to hear about your plants. Will you be able to re-root the datura? Pretty lady bug!

73.8 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 89%
Wind: 0.0 mph
Wind Gust: 5.6 mph
Pressure: 29.98 in(Rising)
Heat Index: 72 F
Clouds: Few 8000 ft
Scattered Clouds 15000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Showers and thunderstorms likely in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 85. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent.

2" of rain so far this week. No watering today. Here is our big girl at 4.5lbs!

Thumbnail by MySharona

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 9, 2009
12:19 PM

Post #6796975

Sharon, she is so big!LOL But so cute! I forgot to answer you about th esunflower field...you remembered well about the last year picture, but it was a different one, much farther... they have wheat there now. The faces aren't that big now, but I'll keep you posted when they will grow bigger. They have some cute little pups there and I can hear them whinning everyday. So I thought I could go and snuggle them for a bit...but the darn ditch was too deep and neither me nor the doggies could cross over it.
Here they are, such cuties! It's a bit blurry , they were too far!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 9, 2009
1:29 PM

Post #6797196

Cute Pup Adina!
The Datura should come back they are pretty tough to kill.
They selfseed like crazy so be careful.
Also they are very poisonous ...

70 here and still a bit cloudy... rain for the weekend... maybe...

The 'Nut' is getting HUGE! LOL!

Adina many of the Colocasias and some Canna ARE in the ground.
Some year around.
You need a South facing, sheltered from the wind and rain spot.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 9, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #6797288

Ric, thanks , it's good to know about the colocasia and canna. I know about the datura, I've been growing it for several years now. They were almost taking over the other garden I had!LOL This year I only sowed a few seeds, but they have popped up all!I already divided them and replanted some arround the house, outside the fence and inside too.
So, there is no loss !
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 9, 2009
3:42 PM

Post #6797714

Ric, don't ever stop. We love it. What are those pink (?) flowers under the colocasias and cannas?

Sharon, PEANUT!!!!! LOL I want to snuggle her and Prissy, too. I have forgotten Other Kitty's name but snuggles all around!

Adina, glad you didn't lose anything. The butterfly wouldn't hold still, so, I had to change lenses and shoot from far away.

69.1 F with 86 for the high.
Scattered Clouds
Humidity: 36%
Dew Point: 41 F
Wind Gust: 3.0 mph
Pressure: 29.88 in (Steady)
Clouds: Few 14000 ft
Scattered Clouds 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

I can't stop looking at this flower. It needs to hurry and grow more flowers. And spread. And multiply. In other places around the yards.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 9, 2009
4:13 PM

Post #6797848

Celia those are Iron Flowers.
Seriously they are made of Iron.

I'll find a picture.

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 9, 2009
4:53 PM

Post #6797999

Adina Cute puppies!
Celia- That would be our granny Callie. The 3 of them sleep together on a regular basis. Mater Soup is more than welcome to spread all the way over here!

74.8 F
Thunderstorm Rain
Humidity: 76%
Dew Point: 68 F
Wind: 0.0 mphfrom the East
Pressure: 30.03 in (Steady)
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 8 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 1200 ft
Mostly Cloudy 2100 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Boom boom (no pow)! Thunder and rain! Peanut really isn't very big. She's not quite 5" tall. I don't have a wicket to measure her, but that's what I get from the measuring tape. Add her head in she's just about 7" tall.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 9, 2009
8:18 PM

Post #6798769

Updated: 57 min 58 sec ago
83 F
Clear
Humidity: 31%
Dew Point: 49 F
Wind: 7 mph Variable
Pressure: 29.91 in (Steady)
(Above Ground Level)

a couple of hiking pictures - scarlet monkeyflower

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 9, 2009
8:19 PM

Post #6798775

threadtorch

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 9, 2009

Post #6798779

Humboldt lily

Thumbnail by Kelli

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2009
8:55 PM

Post #6798921

Hot and humid!!! Rain was north of us this morning. Don't know if it has held together or not. I'm hoping it rains so I don't have to water.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2009
3:42 AM

Post #6800419

No rain here till at least the weekend.
We will definitely be watering tomorrow. Rats!

Kelli we grow a Monkey Flower here. I love them.
That Threadtorch looks like something from a Coral Reef. COOL!
Is the Lily naturalized or a native?

Most of the Boardwalk construction is done.
Just one more wedge to do.
We're going to carry the theme into the new patio we are going to build.
Hey we still have a bunch of free cedar...lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2009
3:47 AM

Post #6800439

And tonight.

70 second exposure Sharon. (Bulb)
Tomorrow night I'll play w/ the aperture and ISO.

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2009
3:48 AM

Post #6800441

Wooooooooow...(she said slowly in admiration)
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2009
3:50 AM

Post #6800443

loooool!
Thanks!

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 10, 2009
3:53 AM

Post #6800449

We had rain again tonight. " this morning. " on Tuesday, & some on the weekend I think. Can't keep track!
South of us was hit by hail, big stuff, too. Don't know how bad. It was in Iowa, so probably never hear on the news.
First Gladiolus opened today.
I had to call a lady & give her the bad news today. She wanted 250 stems of white glads for her daughters wedding on July 18. We ordered & planted 500 bulbs to try & fill the order. We planted very early, but they are not going to bloom in time. She was disappointed, of course. I said they picked the date to early! I don't think she was thrilled.
Now we are going to have a whole bunch of white to try & move. We actually ordered 1000, but planted half later. Oh, Well!

Bernie

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 10, 2009
7:28 AM

Post #6800776

Wow, Ric, that is so beautiful! It changes so much the garden!
Kelli, such sweet flowers ! Are those lilies wild too?
Celia, poor pretty flower, so many tasks for her!LOL
Bernie, white glads are awesome! Sorry you had to deal with this!
Sharon, can you still put her in your pocket? LOL I feel like I could just get into the screen and get her every time I see a picture !LOL How are you feeling?
I took this picture from the balcony.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 10, 2009
7:34 AM

Post #6800777

Impatiens Basaminas.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 10, 2009
7:37 AM

Post #6800778

Zinnia.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 10, 2009
7:40 AM

Post #6800782

Cosmos.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 10, 2009
7:42 AM

Post #6800784

First cucumber.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2009
11:00 AM

Post #6800994

Good morning!

We're back from the summer cottage ..had some really wonderful days in beautiful surroundings and just amazingly wonderful weather :-) Highs of 66 - 68F the entire time we were there ... some days were mostly cloudy, but the sun did break through for at least a while everyday. The last two days were mostly sunny ... got a slight tan! lol Hardly needed the fleecewear at all, except in the evenings ... just wonderful :-)

Adina - your garden looks great! :-)
Ric - love the boardwalk :-) Do you ever rest?? lol

This is where we stayed ... notice the natural birch "forest" around the cottage ... this is as tall as these native birch trees get ... these are pretty tall actually! ;-) lol

Hope you have a good day!

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 10, 2009
12:03 PM

Post #6801152

Ric- Love the boardwalk! Awesome job with the lights!
Bernie This is the first year Ive grown Glads. I bought a bunch, but only 4 are coming up. They were one of my moms favorites. I remember the first year she grew them. She planted in the very front of the lawn by the street. People would stop and cut some for their vases. She got soooo mad and would patrol the glads! Every morning more blooms would be gone though. When they finished blooming she dug them all up and moved them to the front of the house. Im sure your glads will sell like hotcakes at market.
Adina Peanut no longer fits in a pocket. I have to buy an x-small instead of a 2x-small harness though LOL! Shes still pretty tiny! I'm feeling much better. You garden looks great!

73.0 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 91%
Pressure: 30.12 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 70 F
Visibility: 2.0 miles
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 300 ft
Mostly Cloudy 25000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Today
Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. High 83. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60 percent.

Tomorrow is the last day for cooler temps. So I'll be out in the garden most of the day doing clean up. Our lawn mower finally bit the dust (thank you God) so we got to buy a new one LOL! The old one was a bear to handle. Jeff rigged it as much as he could. I know our neighbors will be happy we can mow again. The grass is pretty high from the rain.

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 9:43 AM

Thumbnail by MySharona

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2009
1:40 PM

Post #6801431

Rann that's a beautiful cabin!
Love the little trees.
Must make one feel like a GIANT walking in the woods!

Adina those are lovely!
Now it's time to start making or collecting Garden Art.
Bet you can find some cool stuff over there.

72 here going for 90.
Off to water!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2009
3:00 PM

Post #6801852

Whoo--I'm behind again. I've been busy with my grandson, Zachary and also reading The Shack--a great book!
LOl at Celia for the "fireworks idiots" and at Ric for the "safety gear"!
Celia: "mater soup" is lovely--I can hardly wait until mine blooms!
Sharon: sorry you've been "under the weather"--hope you are feeling better now.
Joey: an earthquake right under your house--oh, my!! Glad the amaryllis is doing good. Now I need to send one to Kelli in exchange for her seeds but I'll wait until the weather cools off.
Kiska: I know you are missing the gkids--I'm sure you and they had a great time together.
Bernie: you'll certainly have a nice trailer for hauling your cabinets!
Ric: great walkway--keep up the good work. My big dippers are putting out more leaves and it's fascinating to go out every morning and see how much dew is caught in the "dippers". How are your Illustris babies doing?
BP: congrats on the new sink. Those fresh veggies you talked about are making my mouth water!
Rusty: so sorry about the wrong paint color--I know that must be very frustrating for you!
Pepper: glad you and your grandmother enjoyed your outing and she was able to ask questions, etc.
Kelli: I've seen tomatoes being grown upside-down but never a Christmas cactus. Now it's a July 4th cactus--LOL
Adina: lovely pics of your gardens--good work!
Rann: looks like a lovely place to spend a few days!

Zachary and I went to see the latest "Ice Age" movie yesterday--it helped to cool us off--LOL. Really, it was hilarious! Sometimes I think the makers of those animated movies deliberately put humor in there that goes right over the kids' heads and makes the adults laugh. I laughed almost through the whole movie! :o)) It was good, clean fun!

Still hot and humid here, although our high the early part of the week was less than ninety for a change! It's back in the nineties for highs now, though. I haven't had to mow in about two weeks due to the heat and the lack of rain. That's one good thing about this heat--the grass isn't growing!

Currently 83F and partly sunny.

Crocosmia given to me by another DGer last Sept. I'll have to wait for her to ID it for me.

Thumbnail by marsue

marsue
Isabella, MO
(Zone 6b)

July 10, 2009
3:16 PM

Post #6801907

I've just been told that the flower above is a blackberry lily, not a crocosmia.
Here's the link
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/100512/

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2009
3:21 PM

Post #6801924

72.2 F
Partly Cloudy
Humidity: 33%
Dew Point: 42 F
Wind Gust: 2.0 mph
Pressure: 30.00 in (Rising)
Clouds: Few 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Neighbors glads.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #6801948

I'm a dope. Again. Had a huge post and forgot to COPY, so I could Paste. (sigh)

Summary...

Mau, glad you like the coneflower. I love your blackberry lily.

Peanut!

Bernie, I'm sad for you!

There were other things, too, but, I can't remember them! LOL

Darrell's twice weekly car wash.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 10, 2009
6:33 PM

Post #6802851

LOL - Ric - yeah it would be pretty hard to get lost in there at any rate! lol Pretty impossible to walk throuh it in most places ... more like a thicket than a forest ... but it's called a forest here anyway ;-) lol

Joey - that's pretty scary about the earthquake beneath your house!

Sharon - awwwwww cute Peanut! :-)

The cabin is situated in a lava field that's partly "forested" ... here's what the rest looks like. Edited to add: It's called Grhraun which means "gray lava", I think you can see why ;-)

This message was edited Jul 10, 2009 6:35 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 10, 2009
8:18 PM

Post #6803225

Rann, that cabin looks like a great place to stay.

That's a bummer about the glads, Bernie. Did you know that if you put the cut stems in water with food coloring, you can give them a tint of another color? If white doesn't sell, you might try that.

The Humboldt lily is native to here. Usually what I show you is native unless I say otherwise.

Kind of hot today.

Updated: 20 min 49 sec ago
87 F
Mostly Cloudy
Humidity: 22%
Dew Point: 44 F
Wind: 6 mph from the East
Pressure: 29.93 in (Falling)
UV: 7 out of 16
Clouds: Mostly Cloudy 20000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

pictures from yesterday - creek with water (I'm sure the seeming redundancy of that makes someone chuckle)

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 10, 2009

Post #6803239

I think this a four o'clock. It is fending for itself where a house burned down.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 10, 2009
8:20 PM

Post #6803246

western clematis

Thumbnail by Kelli

CountryGardens

CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN
(Zone 4a)

July 10, 2009
9:18 PM

Post #6803456

We talked about that. I know it works on carnations.
I've been washing veggies all day. Have carrots left & pick tomatoes.
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 10, 2009
9:21 PM

Post #6803471

I'm assuming it works on glads. I don't know why it wouldn't. My mom did it a lot with daffodils, and like you say, it works with carnatiions.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2009
9:25 PM

Post #6803485

My mom did it with glads when they didn't have the colors she wanted. Works on celery stalks, too! LOL
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 10, 2009
9:35 PM

Post #6803550

I think purple would be nice.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 10, 2009
9:36 PM

Post #6803560

Glads or celery?
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 10, 2009
9:42 PM

Post #6803587

Glads. I'll take my celery green.
pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2009
2:33 AM

Post #6804729

Hot and humid with storms to the south of us. I can hear the thunder.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
12:28 PM

Post #6805645

Good morning!

It's mostly cloudy this morning contrary to the forecast which promised more sun today. Fairly calm and still warm! :-) 57F at 9 am, I'm pretty sure we'll have a high of 60-something again :-) I realised I completely forgot the weather yesterday! lol It was a glorious sunny day, with a high in the 60's.

Here are a few more photos from the trip:
The first day we decided to drive up on a moore called Arnarvatnsheii. There are three places in Iceland which supposedly have an uncountable number of natural phenomenon. There are the uncountable hills in the valley Vatnsdalur (Vatnsdalshlar), there are the uncountable islands in the bay of Breiafjrur and then there are the uncountable lakes on Arnarvatnsheii. We've seen the hills, the girls and I sailed to one of the islands on Breiafjrur last summer, but we've never been to Arnarvatnsheii. So since we were in the area we decided to have a look. On the way we passed by one of the biggest caves in Iceland so naturally we decided to check that out as well! lol It's the longest cave in Iceland, 1.970 m long ... that would be just over 1.2 miles. The ceiling has caved in in 5 places leaving enormous holes in the ground ... here's the first one we came to. I was not at ease with the girls around the edges ... they thought I was being really silly insisting that I'd hold on to them ... like they'd fall in! lol Well I think they very well could, so I held on to Hildur Eva very tightly! There was no way Selma was holding anybody's hand but we watched her like a hawk and kept telling her not to go closer to the edge ... very annoying parents! lol

This message was edited Jul 11, 2009 12:30 PM

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
12:34 PM

Post #6805659

The floor of the cave is covered with large rocks and boulders that have fallen from the ceiling so it was very rough going. I couldn't help thinking that the rest of the ceiling could very well fall down as well, so I felt pretty uneasy in there. We didn't go very far, much to Selma Rn's disappointment, she wanted to explore all of it ... maybe next time.

Here's the cave entrance

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
12:37 PM

Post #6805665

The girls and I on the edge of one of the "sink holes" where the ceiling had caved in

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
12:43 PM

Post #6805686

The road leading to the moore Arnarvatnsheii

Thumbnail by rannveig

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2009
1:51 PM

Post #6805897

Mornin'! The sun is shining brightly & it will get very hot & muggy today. We had a lot of rain about 4:00 this morning. It woke me up! it was raining so hard! Glad that we got in the garden yesterday & picked those peas! We didn't get all of them picked, but we did get the majority picked. Wee also picked some beets, turnips, cukes, & broccoli. It's 72 at the moment...I think it's supposed to get into the 90's! Darn! I knew the cool temps couldn't last for ever...
In Dublin...
Partly Cloudy: 70F
Feels like: 70F
Barometer: 30.2 in
Dewpoint: 52
Humidity: 52%
Precip last 24 hrs: NA
Wind: 0 mph
Sunrise: 5:35 AM
Sunset: 8:28 PM
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Rann, Love those shots! Thanks for the tour! :D And the 'cabin'!! Neat-O
Kiska! You have purple, TOO! :D I'm so glad that they like it there! ;)
Ric, LOL! DH thinks that I'm gonna have him try the boardwalk thing! Just because I love it! :D LOL! He says that you are giving me too many ideas! I really like the lighting effect!
Mau, Thanks (NOT) for sending the heat...I really could have done w/out it! :D
Kelli, Love your tour! Thanks! :D I really love the looks of the threadtorch!
Sharon! Look at Peanut! She has become such a cutie pie! ;) No offers to wear the hat?LOL

Well, Gotta go...
Have a Great Day!
Joey

(how can I get him to hold his head still?)

Thumbnail by music2keep

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
1:52 PM

Post #6805898

A small pond on the way

Thumbnail by rannveig

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2009
1:52 PM

Post #6805902

One more of JW (Joe)

Thumbnail by music2keep

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 11, 2009
1:53 PM

Post #6805904

Rann that's some beautiful Rock!
It would look killer in your Garden... or mine... lol!
My first thought when seeing the rubble down below was "Get Back!"
I caved a bit in my youth and that's not a safe edge.
But I agree it is breath taking!

Going for 85 and sunny here.
Hopefully a bit of rain too.

Ric
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
2:03 PM

Post #6805948

Thanks Ric and Joey :-)

Joey - JW is so cute!
Ric - I totally agree! Did not feel safe to me at all either!

The road crossed this unbridged river ... didn't seem safe to pass it on our own since we're not familiar with it. The bottom was very rocky and it seemed deeper than I felt comfortable with so we turned around ... we'll have to see some of those lakes some other time ...

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
2:11 PM

Post #6806002

One of those small lakes/ponds on the way

Thumbnail by rannveig

MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 11, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #6806054

Mau I like the blackberry lily! Very pretty color!
Kelli Its nice to see water in your area!
Rann- Thanks for the tour! I would be uneasy too in the cave. Besides I am a tad clausterphobic(sp?).
Joey This is the last day of the 80s here so Im trying to get stuff done outside, but it keeps raining LOL! JW is growing up on us!

81.7 F
Light Rain
Humidity: 65%
Dew Point: 69 F
Wind Gust: 3.8 mph
Pressure: 30.21 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 85 F
Visibility: 7.0 miles
UV: 4 out of 16
Clouds: Scattered Clouds 2100 ft
Mostly Cloudy 7000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Rest of Today
Partly cloudy. Chance of showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. High 85. East winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent.

Looks like the rain is stopping again. I'm going to run back outside to play in the dirt...um mud!

Thumbnail by MySharona

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
2:34 PM

Post #6806110

Epilobium latifolium growing close to the river

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 11, 2009
2:38 PM

Post #6806122

Sharon - the girls think the Peacocks are very "COOL" :-) lol

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

July 11, 2009
2:43 PM

Post #6806138

Oh, I just chilled about caves in around here which is in Picher, OK has been mining that area so I just thinking to get out of here that there is too much lead around here also some of the street has got cave in deep hole (very deep) so I gonna to move to somewhere what I like good place... I will be missing this my first home for 3 yrs. (July 14, 2006)... So, I have got get busy for clean up and sell some of stuffs...
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 11, 2009
8:26 PM

Post #6807456

That's awful, Rusty. Do you have to move from your house that you have been painting?

We went to the Arboretum today. If we had known it was going to be this hot, we probably wouldn't have gone.

Updated: 22 min 22 sec ago
93 F
Clear
Humidity: 14%
Dew Point: 37 F
(Above Ground Level)

This is some stone that has been polished to look like a creek with water.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 11, 2009
8:27 PM

Post #6807459

I don't know what this is

Thumbnail by Kelli

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2009
9:45 PM

Post #6807676

Kelli, I think that your mistery plant is Duchman's Pipe. A great shade-maker.

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/56130/

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 11, 2009
9:46 PM

Post #6807681

BTW I love the watery looking rocks! :D
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 11, 2009
10:06 PM

Post #6807742

That looks like it, thanks!
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2009
1:39 AM

Post #6808501

Well we got a bit of rain today .1". Yep 1/10th of an inch.
Funny thing is Dayton just 40 miles north got 2 inches.'
Taynors 20 miles further north got 4" when Iast talked to her.
But the containers look good and they are the PITA watering problem so...

Kelli I love that water feature at the Arboretum.
That's a cool area there.

Rann I wouldn't have thought that would grow there.
It's very pretty! I'm going to search some out for here.
Thanks for the picture.

Well we started sanding the Boardwalk today.
The wood is seriously dirty from being a porch bottom for 40+ years.
We will let it age and being cedar it will grey up pretty quickly.
Then we will stain and seal.
The next phase starts tomorrow... lol!

Ric

Thumbnail by henryr10

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 12, 2009
10:58 AM

Post #6809291

Rann, cool cave! Nice to see you and the girls!
Joey, always nice to see JW! He is such a happy guy!
Ric, you never get tired, don't you?
Sharon, cool peacocks and sweet Pea!LOL
Mau, what a lovely flower! Any pics of Zachary?
Kelli, that rock is so cool! Beautiful flowers too!
It's been raining a lot here since yesterday and it has stopped only for short periods. No storm and lightnings. The temps have dropped to 70, but it feels much cooler.
The geraniums on DS' balcony.
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 12, 2009
11:17 AM

Post #6809314

A few martins were waiting to have their breakfast consisting in Poa pratensis and Festuca rubra seeds...that is the lawn seeds I spread again on the empty spaces!LOL

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 12, 2009
11:18 AM

Post #6809315

A few clouds on Friday.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 12, 2009
11:20 AM

Post #6809319

A pink one at sunset.

Thumbnail by adinamiti

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2009
12:24 PM

Post #6809424

Good morning!

Another glorious sunny day here today ... 63F at noon, light breeze.

More vacation photos :-)

Very close to the cabin we found this dried up river bed ... something I would have expected to find in California, but I was very surprised to see it here! lol Looked like a very sizable river when there's water in it. Since it was dry we decided to go exploring ... :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2009
12:56 PM

Post #6809508

Well, I going to sell my 2 houses and find good place with near pond or river which I can go fishing...

Reason why, I'm not happy around here that peoples are bad and too much stress of everything so I just quit my job... So, please don't say about it which it not good ideal to tell me okay... I get all straight it out but still not doing right thing...So, please just move on and talk about garden and what they took alot of pixs what I did on vacation past 3 yrs ago... So, I will be around here for while and get ready for my next trip to family reunion next 3 weeks go... Don't worry about me I am doing okay for while then I will be okay when I get back from trip next month...

Take care all,
Rusty56

Daylilies blooms

Thumbnail by JuJu55

henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2009
1:24 PM

Post #6809574

Rann there should be cool rocks in the 'canyon'.

Just remember EVERYONE if you go dry creek or canyon rock hunting to be aware of the weather upstream especially near mountains.
A storm or ice melt miles away can be catastrophic.

Rusty you gotta do what you gotta do!
We never judge just support.
cool DL's!
Do you know the variety?

73 and sunny. Should hit 85 and sunnier later! lol

Ric

JuJu55

JuJu55
Jasper Co., MO
(Zone 6b)

July 12, 2009
1:55 PM

Post #6809680

Unknown on DL I lost label...

music2keep

music2keep
Peterstown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 12, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #6809704

Good Morning! The good news is that we only got up to about 85 yesterday! We also had more rain - intermittent hard showers. We should be in store for more of the same today! Not complaining here! :D
At Dublin...
Clear: 68F
Feels like: 68F
Barometer: 30 in
Dewpoint: 66
Humidity: 94%
Precip last 24 hrs: 0.35 in
Wind: 3 mph
Sunrise: 5:36 AM
Sunset: 8:28 PM
UV Index: 3 Moderate

Rusty, Good luck in all of your decisions! We're here for you! I have the same DL's and don't know the name of them, either...they came from my dads years ago.
Ric, You always manage to tweek what ever it is you're doing to get a much nicer result! LOL! I would have been happy to leave the walk as it was! ;) Good eye! or should I say...very creative!
Sharon, I think all of our 'kiddies' are growing up! My how time flies! :D
Rann, Thanks, I don't think I would have crossed that either..unless I was w/out the girls & in a Hummer! :D With 'precious cargo' on board it really would have been too risky.
Adina, Thanks...he IS a happy fella! ;) Love the pink cloud! Gotta love those clouds! When our clouds do that here, we can count on getting a good storm!
Kelli, My uncle had the Dutchman's Pipe growing on the lattice work on his front porch...it covered it up in no time! His porch faces west, so it made it very comfortable to sit there in the evening.

Well, gotta get a move on...
Have a Great! Day!

Joey

Thumbnail by music2keep

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2009
5:28 PM

Post #6810383

The girls :-)

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2009
5:51 PM

Post #6810467

Good advice Ric ;-) No danger in our case though ...
This would be a waterfall when there's water running ... I think those natural steps are so cool! :-)

68F at 3 pm ... warmest day of the summer here in the Reykjavk area :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2009
5:55 PM

Post #6810479

Picinic down the river before we turned back ... the temp was around 68F .. almost too hot for a hike! ;-) lol

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 12, 2009
8:01 PM

Post #6810915

Rann, 68 too hot?! I would freeze in Iceland!LOL Lovely pictures! Great to see your DH too.
Joey, how cute our little man walking in the forrest! Those clouds also brought us a storm yesterday.
Rusty, ditto what Ric said and we are also here to listen. Take care and do the right thing for you. Beautiful lilies!Yesterday I saw a little mouse and then a small snake in the garden. They ran out, but DH is terorized !LOL After I left for work yesterday afternoon he locked all door and windows and went upstairs in bed!ROTFLOL
Gloxinia is still blooming!
Adina

Thumbnail by adinamiti

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2009
8:32 PM

Post #6811034

78 and cloudy. It's supposed to rain, again. The whole countryside is full of ground water and can't handle much more. There are big patches of corn drowned out, everywhere. The mosquitos died down a bit, but are still plentiful by all my flower beds.

Laughing over the Petey comments. Rockin ab's! LOL! Maybe under the flab.

Adina, my free pile is gone already, but the next one I make, which will be this week, I'll get a picture of. I never thought of doing that!

So many gorgeous flowers!

Rann, it's nice to meet you! (thru your photo)

So many neat other catagory pictures. I hate getting behind and not being able to comment on each one.

Rusty, a person should be able to enjoy life. I hope it all works out for you. No one needs stress! Have a wonderful reunion! I just had one the 4th of July and it was so good to hug everyone.

The sun is coming out even tho it's supposed to rain later. I'm torn between catching up on Dave's, and just being outside.

My favorite flower combo, at the moment.

Coral Reef Beebalm and Tree Mallow.

Thumbnail by billyporter

pepper23
KC Metro area, MO
(Zone 6a)

July 12, 2009
8:45 PM

Post #6811081

Yesterday was hot, humid and hazy. Today it's hot, humid, was raining and raining hard for awhile and now the sun is poking out of the clouds some.

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 12, 2009
8:48 PM

Post #6811095

Miss a day, miss a lot! LOL

Great pics and tour, Rann.

Pretty glox, Adina.

Sharon, are you still getting rained on?

Rusty, I'm on your side.

BP, how well does the beebalm take heat? I have the common red one and would like to add another.

87.3 F with 94 for the high.
Thunderstorm Rain (I haven't seen any.)
Humidity: 23%
Dew Point: 45 F
Wind: 6.0 mph from the West
Wind Gust: 21.0 mph
Pressure: 29.99 in (Rising)
Heat Index: 84 F
UV: 6 out of 16
Clouds: Few 9000 ft
Scattered Clouds 11000 ft
Mostly Cloudy 15000 ft
(Above Ground Level)

Last night.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

July 12, 2009
10:45 PM

Post #6811480

Lots of great pictures - JW, flowers, river without water...

Hot again

Updated: 2:51 PM PDT on July 12, 2009
97 F
Clear
Humidity: 18%
Dew Point: 47 F
Wind: 10 mph from the SSE
UV: 10 out of 16
(Above Ground Level)

the cactus again - it is a harrisia http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/788679/

Thumbnail by Kelli

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 12, 2009
10:54 PM

Post #6811504

Hi, everyone! I've gotten way behind, too.

Ric, I love your path!! I can't wait to see what it looks like when you and Robyn are done with it. :-)

Joey, JW is sooo cute! Do you all call him Joe now, or is that what he calls himself?

I would have turned around, too Rann. I love all of the photos from your trip!

Adina, your yard is looking beautiful. LOL about the snake and the mouse!

Rusty, I hope you can sell your houses quickly and find the perfect spot for yourself. Having your own fishing creek sounds WONDERFUL! :-)

I'm sorry I haven't commented on everyone's posts. I need to stay caught up! That sinus infection I had while Charles was gone has really knocked me out good. I'm a lot better now, but I go on coughing jags if I talk too much. And, despite the antibiotics I was on, Charles got it, too! So he's coughing and wheezing with me. The backyard STILL hasn't been mowed (I am really embarrassed to say!), and a friend of mine gave me some gingers and other assorted tropical plants that she divided from her garden 3 weeks ago - and they're still just lying in my front bed, waiting to be planted. I haven't exactly figured out where to put them, which is why they are still there. I was hoping to talk to Charles about putting in a small pond/water feature, and planting the gingers behind it, but talking hasn't been really happening between the coughing. LOL I'm finally feeling a lot better now, though. We actually got some rain earlier this week. Yayyy!!! So now, of course, the weeds are up and happy in the garden. Booo! LOL I need to go out early in the morning everyday for a week (or month) or so, and get them pulled up and see if I can salvage any of the gingers. I think some of them are rooting sideways, where they are laying on the ground.

It hasn't cooled down much! At 5:52, it's still 99 outside.

Observation for Houston, TX (KSGR) as of 4:53pm CDT (55 min ago)
Temperature 99 F 37 C
Dew Point 64 F 18 C
Humidity 32%
Pressure 30.03 in 1017.1 mb
Wind Speed Calm Calm
Wind Dir - -
Ceiling Unlimited Unlimited
Visibility 10 mi 16.1 km
Heat Index 103 F 39 C
Current Conditions Mostly Clear
6 hour min temperature ending 12:53pm CDT : 75.0F / 23.9C

Tonight Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph in the evening becoming southwest and decreasing to around 5 mph after midnight.
Monday Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 90s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
Monday night Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.
rannveig

(Zone 5a)

July 12, 2009
11:32 PM

Post #6811630

Wow ! what a sunset Celia! :-)

Sally - your garden is so beautiful :-) Love that combo too!

Kelli - beautiful!

Marylyn - glad you're finally feeling somewhat better :-) Hope you're back up to speed soon, sounds pretty awful.

Today's high was close to 70F ... it was too hot to be outside according to the girls, they spent most of the day inside ... (shaking my head). It was hot by our standards but these days are so few and far behind, I just can't understand them spending it inside. lol The forecast calls for a cool down tomorrow with a high around 60F which is closer to normal for here ;-) lol Absolutely wonderful day :-)

Rann

Thumbnail by rannveig

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2009
12:23 AM

Post #6811831

Celia, beebalm does well for me. These are actually under the shade of a walnut tree and get morning sun. I think in the heat they would take more watering, but we've had plenty of rain this year. Coral Reef is a new one. I love the color. I could send some this fall when it gets cut back. Gorgeous sky!!

Kelli, loved the tv note to catch the cactus bloom. It's pretty!

Marylyn, the sinus really did get you guys bad. I hope you and Charles can get rid of it for good. I think it's close to a super bug, for the way I went down. Sounds like the gingers are taking care of themselves LOL. I'd let them go and work on the others :o)

Thanks Rann, I understand the girls and the heat. I used to be a ''chilly willy,'' but now I like the colder temps too. Well, down to 65 degrees at the lowest, LOL! Hildar Eva might have gotten hives again. What an adorable picture and the hamster is a very handsome brown! Love your pinks. I see foxglove, but what is in front? And what is the purple one?

I found these stones buried by a fence in the cemetary. The H is for my married name and the M is my maiden name. How cool was that?!

Thumbnail by billyporter

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2009
12:55 AM

Post #6811952

Thanks, BP! That'd be great! Those stones neat find.

How cute are those girls! LOL

Marylyn, so glad you're feeling better. You all had it bad. Don't worry about those gingers. They take care of themselves.

We had 2 cloud bursts today and now it's extremely muggy. Welcome to Utah!!! LOL

Monty doing his sphinx impression.

Thumbnail by kwanjin

billyporter

billyporter
Nichols, IA
(Zone 5a)

July 13, 2009
1:12 AM

Post #6812017

Celia, my treat for the quail! Monty has many faces!

kwanjin

kwanjin
West Valley City, UT
(Zone 7a)

July 13, 2009
1:14 AM

Post #6812024

Cool! LOL

Monty has layers. Like an onion. Only, not so smelly. Usually. :-)
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 13, 2009
1:25 AM

Post #6812059

LOL! At Monty... SO Regal ...

Rann the girls do look like they are wilting in the heat ;-)
The Garden looks TOPS!
And what a Handsome Family you all are.
The girls would love Tennessee and Kentucky in the Fall.
Great temps for them, fall colors and hundreds of miles of Caves.
Here's just a few of them for the girls.
http://www.rubyfalls.com/pages/Cave-Falls-Photo-Gallery/
http://www.thelostsea.com/
http://www.nps.gov/maca/photosmultimedia/index.htm

Sally I agree a Great Combo.
Can't or rather couldn't do Monarda here.
The Mildew hammers them.
We might have better luck now that we have more sun.
Neat find on the row marker stones.

Marylyn you and DH take care and get well soon.
We missed you!
Odd Marcy and her DH have something similar.

Kelli that's a very nice bloom.
Glad you were able to get the shot!

Well 79 and 44% Humidity this evening.
I think we hit 85 .
PERFECT Day for working and planning.
The Boardwalk is about done and we're moving on... where?
Why to the... oh wait I don't want to spoil the surprise... lol!

Ric
MySharona
Amelia Island, FL
(Zone 9a)

July 13, 2009
10:15 AM

Post #6813115

we've moved here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1014170/

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Boring Hurricane Boards? Floridian 106 Jul 24, 2011 12:43 PM
Big Feb Storm CountryGardens 54 Mar 3, 2007 2:39 PM
Yipee It's March!! Daily Weather sugarweed 206 Mar 9, 2007 4:58 AM
Deadly Tornado hits Alabama henryr10 22 Mar 5, 2007 5:01 PM
Help!!! Something's eating the moon!!!! Resin 10 Mar 6, 2007 4:42 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America