Photo by Melody

Article: What Can Bloom in this Heat?: Great...

Communities > Forums > Article: What Can Bloom in this Heat?
bookmark
Forum: Article: What Can Bloom in this Heat?Replies: 4, Views: 42
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

July 7, 2009
4:35 PM

Post #6789141

I find myself stuck in the life of the plants of KY, and rarely venture far enough to glance at others. Thanks for giving us a glimpse of 'drier' plant life, and what beautiful plants they are.

I need to expand my horizons. Thanks for a very informative article, I love the pictures and descriptions.
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 7, 2009
8:40 PM

Post #6789904

Sally, you have helped me realize how ungrateful I can be. Here I've done nothing but whine, complain and bellyache about the heat, and your article reminded me of all the beauties we have at this time of year.

thank you for bringing me back to my appreciative senses. And now back into A/C, lol.

Thumbnail by vossner
Click the image for an enlarged view.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 8, 2009
3:20 AM

Post #6791655

Sharran- glad you enjoyed it!

vossner--I won't criticize, we've been lucky so far in the MidAtlantic this summer...Wait! Before you go in~~What's that blue beauty?
vossner
Richmond, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 8, 2009
2:47 PM

Post #6792942

here you go. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/891/

there is pink, white, blue, variegated pink/white and var. blue/white PLUS may be single or double. I purchased the plant but I think many grow them from seeds.

SA is such an enchanting city. Did you get to visit the River Walk? My DH officially proposed to me in SA.

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

July 9, 2009
1:13 AM

Post #6795557

Oh, that's bluebells! I pictured a hanging bell type flower. Those are very pretty!

We did like SA --were lucky enough to use hotel points and stayed right on Riverwalk. I am amazed that people don't fall into the River every night though, with all the restaurants along it. I found Alamo to be very interesting- maybe because I am relatively unfamiliar with Western US history. We could have spent more time around SA but you know how it is planning vacations, everything unknown.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What Can Bloom in this Heat? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
informative article Jan23 8 Jul 7, 2009 2:51 PM
good phicks 4 Aug 11, 2008 9:45 PM
More Heat loving San Antonio plants wesley4 5 Jul 1, 2010 1:05 PM
Yellow Bells Sue78597 8 Aug 12, 2014 6:32 AM
planting esperanza tgrammy 3 Aug 19, 2014 5:43 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America