Photo by Melody

Article: Winter Sowing Columbines as Iris Companions: Great idea!

Communities > Forums > Article: Winter Sowing Columbines as Iris Companions
bookmark
Forum: Article: Winter Sowing Columbines as Iris CompanionsReplies: 3, Views: 28
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LeBug
Greenville, IN
(Zone 6a)

July 9, 2009
1:32 AM

Post #6795658

Never thought about planting columbines with my irises I thought that was a great idea critter, thanks I'm always wondering what spot to put them in next :)

Lea
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

July 9, 2009
2:59 AM

Post #6796105

They do seem to do well together! And even when a volunteer columbine is growing right on top of an iris, they don't really seem to interfere with one another.
CLScott
Calgary
Canada

February 26, 2011
6:57 AM

Post #8393637

yes! great ideas in this article.
I'll be rethinking the Iris companion planting.
Thanks for the informative article and I enjoyed the photos which accompany the article.
Caroline
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 4b)

February 26, 2011
6:31 PM

Post #8394639

Me too. My iris hill always look a little bare with the fans only. But I have been fearful of planting anything else for fear of blocking sun or overpowering the iris. But columbine have their 'clump' at the base and then tall airy stems with flowers. perfect. Thanks bunches for a great idea.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Winter Sowing Columbines as Iris Companions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Article roserairie 3 Feb 3, 2009 1:08 AM
Columbines as Iris companions leopoldconnecti 22 Feb 3, 2009 1:16 PM
zone 4 winter sowing maddyrose 5 Feb 5, 2012 10:58 PM
Good Article phicks 1 Feb 3, 2009 1:02 AM
Columbines in Berkeley Springs WV ayla2 1 May 21, 2009 5:20 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America