Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Gardening Safely in Hot Weather: Heat Exhaustion

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardening Safely in Hot Weather
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardening Safely in Hot WeatherReplies: 0, Views: 4
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
margemcm
Haslett, MI

July 9, 2009
7:11 PM

Post #6798470

A tip from my rich girl friend who got it from her father's Japanese gardner. I take a large bowl of water with lots of ice cubes in it out and place it in the shade. Then wring out a small towel (the size beauty shops use is perfect) leaving quite a bit of moisture in it and place it around your neck (I actually LIKE it to drip down my front). Renew as the towel warms up. I have found this extends my ability to tolerate the heat by quite some time and it keeps me from sweating so much, therefore, less dehydration. Also, I know by the time all the ice has melted and the water in the bowel is warm it is TIME TO GO IN anyway. Enjoy.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardening Safely in Hot Weather Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
a very good and timely article Dutchlady1 12 Aug 15, 2010 6:38 AM
Heat exhaustion emilieanne 6 Jun 30, 2009 9:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America