Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

This is so cool.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I don't know how many times I have put plants in the ground and slipped in a small stick tag only to fine the tag yards away because of chicken scratching. Then I read the tag that says it is a Hedychium and there are 5 Hedychiums near by with no tag. I build boat docks and sometimes need to rip 2 X 6 just a little and find that I have these 1&1/2 X 3/8 pieces of treated wood that is just right for making plant stakes. We have been using a sharpie to mark them but within a year the sun has faded them to the point you can no longer read them. I was talking with Nadine a few weeks ago when I was down her way and she suggested using a wood burning tool. I knew right away this it. Permanent plant tags that could be driven into the ground so that even the best of chickens would not have a chance. No more lost tags, yea!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbnail by kenboy
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

This is so cool.

Thumbnail by kenboy
(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Ken, ya made my day!!!..hahaha..maybe I need to publish a "Tip" book..lol..good idea ..wasnt it???

Mulberry, FL

Yeah good luck with that too no matter how hard I try can never keep the tags used popcyle sticks for my plumeria seedlings they rotted so now I don't bother buying specfic seeds 500 mixed does it no more tags those little metal tags are nice but you have to keep up with them on the plant so they don't get to tight

Well Ken..how many are you up to now making those plant markers???...lol..

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I have burned over 75 so far.

WOW!

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Great idea Kenboy. You can also use your sharpie and give it a couple coats of spray clear coat polyurethane.

MMM.it will still fade over time..using the woodburning tool is better..doesnt fade.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Just a suggestion for those without woodburning tool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.