More Blooms

Baton Rouge, LA

Singapore introduced me to the world of plumerias and will always be one of my favorites.

Thumbnail by josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

Electric Red - This is a small flower, but I like it because it holds its color and does not fade. It is a crimson red.

Baton Rouge, LA

King Kalakaua - a must have just for its fragrance.

Baton Rouge, LA

I lost the tag on this and I have no idea what it is. I am not good at describing scents, but this one smells great.

Baton Rouge, LA

This is the first bloom on a three year old seedling from a seed pod of one of my plumerias. The mother plant is red and gold.

Baton Rouge, LA

Nebels Gold

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

Your plants are beautiful. How many do you have and are any of them in the ground, or all in pots? Do you greenhouse them in the winter?

Baton Rouge, LA

I have probably 50 named varieties and a lot of seedlings. I enjoy the anticipation of seeing what a seedling turns out to be. I have a greenhouse and last year I had to make a make-shift greenhouse because I had outgrown my greenhouse. When I put them up for the winter they are stacked. It is sort of like going to the circus and seeing how many clowns can you put in a compact car.

A hundred seedlings do not take up much room the first year, but each succeeding year the room needed grows exponetially. I have an obsession with them that I do not want to get rid of any until I see them bloom. That may be about to change. This year will be a challenge.

I used to bury my plumerias in the ground or bury the pots when I didn't have so many. Now I move them around and have my plumeria section of my yard divided. I keep the ones in bloom where they are more noticeable and the ones that aren't blooming are somewhat hidden.

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

It sounds like you have a "traffic stopping" yard Grin. Things like Gustav must send you scurrying to protect them all. I am working toward reducing the number of plants in pots in general, so i can have a few more plumerias. My husband has a limit on how many huge plants he is willing to move.....and move...and move. Grin
Jean

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9b)

Wow... everything looks great...

Mulberry, FL

I know the feeling its like kids and shoes but 100 at a time lol But you have to buy the play sand too lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.