Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Plumerias: More Blooms

Communities > Forums > Plumerias
bookmark
Forum: PlumeriasReplies: 10, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

July 14, 2009
4:26 AM

Post #6817069

Singapore introduced me to the world of plumerias and will always be one of my favorites.

Thumbnail by josegabriele
Click the image for an enlarged view.

josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

July 14, 2009
4:29 AM

Post #6817077

Electric Red - This is a small flower, but I like it because it holds its color and does not fade. It is a crimson red.

josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

July 14, 2009
4:32 AM

Post #6817089

King Kalakaua - a must have just for its fragrance.

josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

July 14, 2009
4:39 AM

Post #6817100

I lost the tag on this and I have no idea what it is. I am not good at describing scents, but this one smells great.

josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

July 14, 2009
4:43 AM

Post #6817108

This is the first bloom on a three year old seedling from a seed pod of one of my plumerias. The mother plant is red and gold.

josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

July 14, 2009
4:49 AM

Post #6817123

Nebels Gold

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2009
5:42 AM

Post #6817195

Your plants are beautiful. How many do you have and are any of them in the ground, or all in pots? Do you greenhouse them in the winter?
josegabriele
Baton Rouge, LA

July 14, 2009
1:41 PM

Post #6817819

I have probably 50 named varieties and a lot of seedlings. I enjoy the anticipation of seeing what a seedling turns out to be. I have a greenhouse and last year I had to make a make-shift greenhouse because I had outgrown my greenhouse. When I put them up for the winter they are stacked. It is sort of like going to the circus and seeing how many clowns can you put in a compact car.

A hundred seedlings do not take up much room the first year, but each succeeding year the room needed grows exponetially. I have an obsession with them that I do not want to get rid of any until I see them bloom. That may be about to change. This year will be a challenge.

I used to bury my plumerias in the ground or bury the pots when I didn't have so many. Now I move them around and have my plumeria section of my yard divided. I keep the ones in bloom where they are more noticeable and the ones that aren't blooming are somewhat hidden.

themoonhowl

themoonhowl
Prairieville, LA
(Zone 9a)

July 14, 2009
2:02 PM

Post #6817884

It sounds like you have a "traffic stopping" yard Grin. Things like Gustav must send you scurrying to protect them all. I am working toward reducing the number of plants in pots in general, so i can have a few more plumerias. My husband has a limit on how many huge plants he is willing to move...and move...and move. Grin
Jean
FrangipaniAz
Phoenix, AZ
(Zone 9b)

July 15, 2009
10:21 AM

Post #6821496

Wow... everything looks great...
Danasplants
Mulberry, FL

July 15, 2009
1:51 PM

Post #6821972

I know the feeling its like kids and shoes but 100 at a time lol But you have to buy the play sand too lol

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Plumerias Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
What about a "new forum" for plumerias? Plumeriagod 56 Apr 25, 2007 2:15 AM
Feeding CaCajun 9 May 12, 2007 12:09 AM
underplanting plumies vossner 21 May 19, 2008 10:33 PM
have neve hard this happen to one of my plumies before junglebob 56 Sep 19, 2007 3:28 AM
Panama plumies vossner 53 Apr 15, 2007 11:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America