Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
elmerfudd
Saint Paul, MN

July 15, 2009
8:42 AM

Post #6821419

Painting clay pots is very easy a relaxing way to spend a day or two. I paint my clay or terracotta pots with acrylic paint that has had some water added to it to thin it a little. After painting and drying them i coat them with a weather resistant varnish that is water proof and uva protected. These should still be brought inside if you live in a northern climate where it freezes. They can inhance the beauty of an indoor plant and room during the long winter. They are fun and easy. Here are some pix of ones i did last week.

t

Thumbnail by elmerfudd
Click the image for an enlarged view.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

July 15, 2009
5:39 PM

Post #6823034

WOW, those are gorgeous! I love the pinks, reds and oranges together. Unfortunately, I can never seem to remember to bring stuff inside in time, or it snows and freezes before I am ready. But there's always next season, right? Thank you for your pretty picture and your note.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Addicted to Blue Pots Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Potted insanity... podster 3 May 7, 2008 2:09 PM
Congratulations... ottoson 1 May 6, 2008 10:08 PM
I Love Blue Pots Indygardengal 30 Oct 30, 2009 7:05 PM
Anything can be a pot Shellsort 1 May 12, 2008 7:29 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America