Any Idea About This Jewelry?

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

This belonged to my great aunt. Can you tell me anything about it, like how old it might be, if the style has any kind of story, or whatever? It was in the box that it is sitting on, which says "Islamic Bazaar Trinidad". There are no markings of any kind on the pin, so I'm guessing it is silver plate and not sterling silver. It is about 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 inches in diameter. I doubt that it is particularly valuable but I think it is an interesting, intricate little piece of work.

Thumbnail by Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

This is the back.

Thumbnail by Kelli
South of Winnipeg, MB(Zone 3a)

kind of the art deco era, filigree brooch. Sorry I have no idea of the value.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

it looks to be silver not plated and it is probably worth two to three hundred dollars maybe more depending who the maker is

Rutherfordton, NC(Zone 7a)

This is not a sure-fire test but try to pick up the pin with a magnet. If it "sticks" to the magnet, it is not silver. Sterling and high content silver will not stick. (But then, neither will brass.) Whether silverplate sticks or not depends on the weight of silver plating. It usually sticks because of the metal under the plate. I sell antique jewelry & this is a lovely pin. Values vary greatly across the US. I could probably price it around $75 without examining it here in southern NC.

Medford, NJ

back then, I don't think they had to mark silver, so it is possible that it is silver. There are antique jewelry stores everywhere, try to find someone who owns one or who deals in older jewelry, see if you can get them to look at it for you. Also, you could look for a dealer online and send them a photo. Some don't charge just to look.

If you go to stores like Barnes&Noble, they have dozens of books on old collectable jewelry - maybe you could find something similar there.

Mona in Metcalfe, ON(Zone 5a)

it look to be 1920s or so I think it maybe worth as much as a 1200 dollars since I did a bit of research on similar jewelry

I think its beautifull and you should enjoy it

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images