Kaempferia fans?

Miami, FL

Over the years my love for Kaempferia's has grown immensely. I am posting a couple of my favorites and was curious if there are any other Kaempferia fanatics here.

Thumbnail by ScottDurand
Miami, FL

Kaempferia hieroglyphica, missed the bloom this morning.

Thumbnail by ScottDurand
Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I have few..always looking for others..lol

Gainesville, FL

I have several, but don't have those.

Vancleave, MS(Zone 8b)

ditto for me too

Miami, FL

I am hoping to do some breeding with K maculata (the spotted species) as I think it would be a great parent.

Miami, FL

Another one of my favorites that has really multiplied.

Thumbnail by ScottDurand
Petal, MS

ScottDurand,
Next time I'm in Lafayette we may need to trade if I have anything you might want.
Pam

Winter Haven, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is a little patch of mine.

Thumbnail by DanKistner
Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

I just became the proud mama of a Cornukaempferia kirkii, a K rotunda and a K rotunda 'Raven'. Beautiful babies all.

Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

I googled Cornukaempferia kirkii and came up blank. I did find Cornukaempferia Jungle Gold.

The kirkii belongs with Siphonochillus, an editing error.

Thumbnail by themoonhowl
Saint Gabriel, LA

Hi Scott,

FYI, the first two images are of new species. Maculata and 'heiroglyphica are made up names. They along with a few others are in the process of being published. The genus has finally got some attention with several new publications and several more in the works. The spotted one is sp. nov. pardi, the other most likely a form of the new K sp. nov. minuata.

Tim Chapman

Nice to see you here Tim. Do you still have your greenhouses?

Saint Gabriel, LA

Yes, still have the greenhouse, newly resided fortunately. Eventually will build another one at my place.

Tim Chapman

Thank goodness with the freezes of late. Trying to stretch one more year from my little house, but will have to be recovered come spring.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.