Understanding Ransom

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Friend of mine did a tattoo search on the tat on Ransom's upper lip.. and I'm still absorbing the good news.

Ransom
AQHA Reg Kings Plaything
DOB 3.5.1990
Racing Points - 38
Jumper Points - 2
Won Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Jumpers in 2004
Qualified for AQHA World Show Jumpers in 2004
Ridden (and registered in AQHA to) TAMU Associate Hunt Seat Coach

WOW! I've emailed the AQHA-registration "Owner", asking for more details. No wonder the big monster is so darn calm! According to the Coach' TAMU profile, he's been shownin Colorado, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas.

WOW! Ransom SuperStar!

South Hamilton, MA

He probably thought that the bouncing arab was stupid. So now his rider has to be calm.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

She's certainly getting there. I didn't have a single "OhmygoodnessI'mgonnadie" fear panic moment that entire day. One time I mounted up I felt a little nervous. Walked him on forward, and it went away.

Last night, in our work, it felt like he got fast at the canter. Again, didn't get nervous, but I sure felt it. Instead of getting nervous, I tried to concentrate on what caused it, and found it - inside leg was resting on him for balance... perhaps a bit too much leg pressure.

South Hamilton, MA

Very good. Have him send an e-mail to 'Alice' that shows are not a big deal. She didn't like the music they were playing at the show & messed up her concentration. GD says that she likes 'country'. Horse likes what rider likes?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Probably. Horse probably likes what makes the rider happy.

I have found that listening to music while I school Ransom helps us both. If I want an easy-peasy day relaxing, we jam to Enya.

We want to ramp it up, work hard, concentrate, and go all-out, it's Nickelback.

Ransom's favorite? (Or at least the one he moved the best to?) Third Day "Revelation" album. Cracked me up. It probably was more my singing along that helped him.

South Hamilton, MA

Are they doing dressage to music in your area? Riders need to concentrate though. Maybe he thought 'if I do what she wants she will stop singing' ho ho

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

HEY! :) I resemble that remark... LOL..

Musical Freestyle.. Yup.. not at this show, but I've seen it with scores at some big USDF shows in Katy, TX. Ain't seen it in person, but I'd love to.

I'd have a hard time not singing along in the show... :D
Then I'd probably pass out from being out of breath.

South Hamilton, MA

When is your next show?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

September .... the 20th I think.

South Hamilton, MA

Lots of time to practice. throw the nerves away.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Ransom being a gelding, Alice probably wouldn't listen. She's not a big fan of them. DD likes country while I like classic rock. Van Halen being 'classic' is hard to imagine! Glad your nerves are doing better. Need to work on that for DD.

South Hamilton, MA

J-2's sister is a runner: the high school coach had the kids going from 'personal best to personal best' instead of emphasis on winning. As a result over the yrs the teams have been very good. I think dressage is like that--improve the elements which need it, but get going on 'personal best'. It is just you & Ransome, not the other riders and nerves may calm down, especially as you know the show atmosphere won't bug him. therefore your scores will improve & you already have a great start.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

I have a fantasy freestyle dressage routine in my mind.....

Just would have to learn dressage.

Gosh, I never would have guessed he was AQHA! I was thinking TB!

Congrats on reaching your comfort zone! And all the rest!

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Jenks - he's Appendix... I knew that much before. Papers confirm - somehows he got registered AQHA. which I'm not complaining about.. :) cool news, eh?

My fave part of hunters and dressage - For the most, we're out there alone. I'm not trying to navigate around other riders & their mounts.. .And I'm judged on ME only in dressage - Scores rather than arbitrary... The open show arbitrary "who's better than who" actually annoys me...

Thanks ya'll for celebrating the news with me! I'm still pretty excited.. Ransom SuperSTar!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

AQHA looks for the Appendix to do the hunter stuff. They (AQHA) think you have to be tall to jump. They must not have ever seen pony hunters!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Look what Teddy O'Connor accomplished at 14.2. Amazing little guy. Such a shame his life was cut short.

Social Circle, GA(Zone 8a)

He must have been awarded enough points to qualify as an AQHA....with enough points, they allow it! Do you have his show record?

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

Just what's listed above

AQHA is on breeding.. Not just "show record". Can't get in AQHA shows without papers...

Richmond, TX

An AQHA can be well over half TB. Both of his parents could be Appendix. If they earned their "Register of Merit" through show or racing achievements, they are then eligible for AQHA full registration. If both of Ransom's parents are registered AQHA then so would he be regardless of TB crosses in the past. Look at his pedigree. I believe there have been some recent changes in the registry/showing rules, but at his age these old rules would apply.

Victoria, TX(Zone 9b)

I'll look at what I've got so far here in a while..

Thanks for the info!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images