Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Sweet corn: pass the floss, please....: Corn & Polenta

Communities > Forums > Article: Sweet corn: pass the floss, please....
bookmark
Forum: Article: Sweet corn: pass the floss, please....Replies: 1, Views: 20
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

July 17, 2009
3:51 PM

Post #6830801

Dea, really enjoyed your article; makes me hungry for an ear of corn with lots of butter, like right now! Corn-on-the-cob was one veggie that all 4 of our kids would always eat. In fact, our daughter, Lyndsy, at age 6, finally lost her wiggly front tooth while eating an ear of corn ---yep, there it was, a tiny tooth stuck on the cob, which we immediately picked off for safekeeping for the wonderful tooth fairy! =) Polenta question: I have never made it before, but had read in several recipes to slow-cook it a long time, like 30 mins. or so; are there 2 kinds of polenta, one thicker, one almost like a patty, or what? Thanks for a great article!
Dea
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6a)

July 17, 2009
4:43 PM

Post #6831009

You're so welcome and what a sweet memory of your daughter :)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Sweet corn: pass the floss, please.... Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Very enjoyable! BDale60 13 Jul 13, 2009 1:07 PM
Love it - great way to start the article MitchF 6 Aug 8, 2007 9:05 PM
You made me think of "home"... girlgroupgirl 7 Jul 15, 2009 6:11 PM
Great Job paulgrow 1 Aug 8, 2007 9:33 PM
Dea's Polenta Receipe steveodaniel 2 Nov 9, 2009 8:33 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America