Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: A Cheap Planning Of My Garden: Evolution of your garden

Communities > Forums > Article: A Cheap Planning Of My Garden
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Cheap Planning Of My GardenReplies: 5, Views: 63
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

July 20, 2009
11:31 AM

Post #6840822

Adina: Good morning! I hope it's a beautiful day in Bucharest. I loved reading about the progress of your gardens and seeing the results of all your hard work and excellent planning. Please keep us updated with more photos and narration as it grows and produces. Happy gardening, Dear!

Here's an arborvitae `DeGroot's Spire' we planted last fall.

Angie

Thumbnail by Hemophobic
Click the image for an enlarged view.

joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

July 20, 2009
12:02 PM

Post #6840908

Very cool article! How exciting to have that big, blank canvas of a yard to work on! Love the rocks- that's a lot of work but looks so nice in the end.
henryr10
Cincinnati, OH
(Zone 6b)

July 20, 2009
1:00 PM

Post #6841045

Adina my friend it has been a joy to watch the evolution of first your Home, you know I would kill for access to those Tiles, and now your Garden.

From a blank canvas to what, as age and maturity do their magic, will I'm sure be a Garden Paradise.
That you have done it mostly from seed and cuttings makes it all the better.
I thought the Zinnias would turn out pretty nicely. I was wrong. They make a magnificent statement!

Tell your Husband that Robyn and I are VERY impressed and eager to watch the next phase of this beautiful transformation.
Oh yeah and give your 4 legged guards Skritches for us...lol!

Ric

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 20, 2009
2:35 PM

Post #6841438

Hi, Angie, thank you ! It's a lovely day here, though very hot...I have to water a lot everyday!LOL I'm glad you want to see more pics and find out more about what I did in my garden because taking pictures is another hobby I have... so, more pics to come! Everyday I take shots of the new blooms or veggies. I love your arborvitae, looks great!
Happy Gardening to you too!

Joey, thank you for reading my article! My garden is not that big and now I see I maybe have sowed a bit too many seeds!LOL

Ric, thank you so much! It's been a full year for both our families, wasn't it? Such hard work , but it begins to show now. I am so excited about the zinnias too, I never had those before, just the spherical ones, but these are so big and colorful! Send my love to Robyn and to your four legged too! I will post some of their pics on our weather thread soon.
Hugs,
Adina
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

July 20, 2009
3:53 PM

Post #6841753

Hi Adina! Your garden is great. Very different soil, topography, and weather than mine I think. I live in Alaska in a small micro-climate in Anchorage; zone 4-5. I had my back yard raked down to the dirt and rebuilt with a pond, some trees and bushes, and a lawn. Then I had to put in the flowers. I am not so orderly as you. I tried to be, but I keep having to move plants when they grow, and golly, much too tall or wide for where I put them. Or would do better in more shade or more sun. What the plant advice says doesn't always work here as we have long winters down to -20 or a little lower, and short cool summers, average 60 degrees. And I did have an unlimited budget until now. I have retired, but am now able to plant from seeds of my plants, divide plants that are overgrowing. I wish I were a better planner as you. Would have saved much painful work and money. I loved the progression of our planting and got many good ideas of combinations of flowers. Thanks so much for sharing.
Mary

Thumbnail by Oberon46
Click the image for an enlarged view.

adinamiti

adinamiti
Balotesti
Romania

July 20, 2009
5:02 PM

Post #6842090

Mary, thank you! I'm glad my article was of help. Your garden sounds a lot like mine. You must be a very good gardener to have such a garden in Alaska. Love the portulaca! Thanks for sharing your experience!
Adina

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Cheap Planning Of My Garden Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
regarding your garden with envious eyes codana 2 Jul 21, 2009 11:36 AM
Another interesting article!! weeds 1 Jul 20, 2009 2:07 PM
Nice work! BeaHive 7 Jul 21, 2009 5:25 AM
Creativity at Work ebk777 1 Jul 20, 2009 3:12 PM
Where is your garden? OldMayfly 1 Jul 20, 2009 4:51 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America