Free Seed For Newbies... 7-21-09 Come on over!!!!

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1015677/#new
Directions for free seed is here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1010521/

Thumbnail by arejay59
Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Holding

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I am here LOL

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Whew I was starting to wonder if anyone would find us!!

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

You're not that hard to find, Robin.

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thats a good thing thought Right Al?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Sometimes people are easy to find becuase you know they are loud and obnoxious and stand out in the croud....

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I got doctor's okay - I can start flying again Wednesday! I'll send pictures later. Gee, I hope it doesn't rain!

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Oh Al you have to be exited!! Yeah!!! Send pictures!!If you dont want rain...stay away from Cue when she is dancing.....

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

You know, I had a little red Honda motorcycle once with a hex like that. All I had to do was turn the key and it would start raining. Every time. It was truely weird. I finally sold it to another guy, believe it or not it started raining when he drove it home!

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Where is it now AL? Is it in Maine is that wh we are having so much rain...

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

I think he was headed for Texas or Arizona for the summer.

Al

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Good Texas and Arizona...
Im off for the night see you all tomorrow...Thank You again for the birthday wishes and songs....

Hornell, NY(Zone 5a)

Gotta go too - nite all

Al

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

I don't think he made it to AZ, Al. No rain since February except the little bit last night. Sure is trying to rain right now, though, so maybe he just rolled into town - lol.

cue - if this storm passes before I go to bed I'll download and post those pics for you on the plant shipping thread.
If you're dancing, don't stop - I need some rain.

mekos - I may be able to root some of the Sapphire Showers for you. The wind blew the BIG HEAVY pot over and a few pieces broke off. There might be enough new growth to root . I've got them in water as we speak. Normally I'd wait until I cut it back in the fall when it puts out a lot of new growth, so we'll see. . . .

Hi Just in time to say Goodnight. Have a great flight Al!

Cue I painted some outdoor furniture with enamel paint. The guy at the paint store told me it would make it waterproof. Just give it a couple of coats on all sides and I think it will work for awhile. Polyurethane will protect it if you paint a design on it.

Robin glad to have you back on board. I hope you had a great time with all your friends and relatives. Can't remember what I did on my 50th. Must've had a good time. LOL

Hey Flower I think you're still the favorite by default. :) Cue and I want you to add a poem to the poetry thread on the back porch forum. Don't we Cue?

Litchfield, ME(Zone 5a)

Thank You SHerri...I know I said I was gone and I am but...I just had to get my two cents in..You know how that is..Flower...I second that write us a poem...post it on Cues Thread!

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Well give me time to get this old brain working. I have several poems somewhere that I wrote for DH when we were first married. I wish I knew where I had put them LOL OLD BRAIN farts LOL

Hi Cue

Big box on the way to you. Should be there tomorrow. Lay flat and open from the bottom. You have dmail.

Sherri

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

WOOT!!! you guys are all just too darn good to me!!! Im so excited.. Im already cutting saved milk jugs to serve as mini seed green houses, so I can start seeds as soon as they arrive!!!!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hey Cue, you know those little clear plastic boxes you buy fruit in at walmart or grocerystores work as little greenhouses too. The top lifts up for watering and the sun, or blue grow light,can shine right through.

Hi Mekos

Look at the sprouts on my paper towel baggie. Is that cool or what? :)

That would work for your seeds Cue.

Thumbnail by seray53
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Seray, which seeds are those?

Phoenix, AZ(Zone 9a)

Them little sprouts are sure cute . . .

What mekos said . . .

Those are the Cephalaphora Aromatica. They smell like apples and look like globe Amaranth. They came right up. I planted them in egg cartons and put them in a seed growing tray with a top. They were the only ones I planted that weren't covered over by the paper towel. My violas and Globe Amaranth have sprouted also not showing green yet. :)

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Those are cute seray. The only ones I see visable changes to are the orange jasmine seeds. I can tell they are trying to sprout, but not big enought to see on camera. However some I put in soil at the same time have popped out of a pot outside.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

since i have so many seed (thanks to all mah seedy peeps), Im gonna do the milk jug method and then transplant seedlings in clumps, rather than transplant individuals, as it would take me 50 years to plant them all that way....ROTFL.. and then the Goth Garden would never get done! (not that it really ever will... there's always room for just one more plant.. right?)

was checking out some of the brugs on sale in the market place, but they all seem to be pink. i have 2 pink already... needs something different now.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Hey cue, I have seed already sprouting in tripple yellow and tripple purple/white. They are about 2 inches tall right now and the red/yellow is sowed along with the sunset or sunrise, what ever it is. I sowed them in the long pots outside a few days ago.
Forgot to say, I have more seeds of these as well, you can have ,if you prefer seeds to sow your own.

This message was edited Jul 21, 2009 7:02 PM

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I assume you mean brugs? I always wondered how long it took them to grow from seed.

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

hey mekos.. guess what??/ I got DRAGONS HEART sprouts!!!!!! wooooo hoooooo!!!!

i soaked em in hot water like ya said... and of the 5 seeds, i got 3 sprouts! not bad eh???

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

They sprout pretty fast, a week or so. I got lots going if you want some. I sowed the red scarlet wisteria too. That could be the ones sprouting outside in the long pot. I put them on the end of the pot. Here is the picture of it today. I planted it the same day I did the wet towel, baggie ,thingy. Another picture to come.

Thumbnail by mekos
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Here is some of my little jungle starting up at mu pond. Congrats cue! Got to send a picture.

Thumbnail by mekos
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Another.

Thumbnail by mekos
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

i got one tiny little leaflet from each right now.. they literally sprouted today while i was at work, cuz there wasnt anything there when i checked this morning ( i obsess when i am trying to sprout seeds.. i will check several times a day until i see something poking thru the soil...LOL)

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Got more frogs out there than you could shake a stick at. So tiny you can barely see them. See the clay pot? It has brugs in the top part.

Thumbnail by mekos
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

lol, I know about the frogs.. had to go rescue a poor tree frog from my reflection pool this morning.. he got in , but the sides were too steep and slippery for him to get back out... poor thing.

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

I know what you mean, I check mine all the time too. I get impatient and re-sow sometimes then later the pot is full of different sprouts and I can't remember what they are. Here are some pretty ones. Petunias.

Thumbnail by mekos
Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

wow.. those blue are gorgeous! ive never seen the blue ones here.. just typical white, red, pink, yellow, purple.. but those are spectacular!

Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

Something is eating holes in my vines. And my monkey flower is droopy.

Thumbnail by mekos
Fair Play, SC(Zone 7b)

More seed sprouting and don't have a clue. Some are passifloras but the little vines are something I gave up on and forgot what was there earlier.

Thumbnail by mekos

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.