Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Did you say passionflowers?: Passion flower won't bloom

Communities > Forums > Article: Did you say passionflowers?
bookmark
Forum: Article: Did you say passionflowers?Replies: 1, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
haltammy
Edgewater, FL

July 21, 2009
11:31 PM

Post #6848164

Last year my passion flower year bloomed like crazy, but I was out of town during the last freeze of the winter, and it didn't make it. I planted a new one in the same place and it's vining all over really good, but it hasn't had any new blooms since I planted it. It's a different variety from the last one - the last one was loved by butterflies and subsequently caterpillars, but since this one hasn't bloomed, I don't know if that's going to be a problem again, or not. What do I need to do to make this one bloom?

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

July 22, 2009
3:58 PM

Post #6850942

maybe you just need a little more time...if you planted it where another one bloomed all right it means your soil is OK, so it should be fine, some species just take longer to reach maturity.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Did you say passionflowers? Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful article... Printing this one jlp222 9 Apr 16, 2008 4:09 AM
Wow I wan´t to leave there too abuebebari 1 Apr 14, 2008 1:38 PM
Thanks! kithas 1 Apr 15, 2008 4:36 PM
love your article and passion flowers inezscion 1 Apr 15, 2008 4:49 PM
Very Informative! TBGDN 1 Apr 15, 2008 8:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America