Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

Bog Terrariums

New Carlisle, IN(Zone 5a)

Has anyone done a bog terrarium? I'm thinking about constructing a 30 gallon setup to replicate the ecosystem of a nearby bog.

Any tips or links to share?

San Antonio, TX

SteveS - This forum unfortunately is veerrrryyy sloooooww - sorry to say

I have a vivarium I bought about a month ago so I'm pretty new at it myself but I'm loving it. You might try the GardenWeb Terrarium Forum which is a little more active but not much. It's been around longer so there are more topics and a gallery which you might find helpful. My vivarium is a 30 gal. Oceanic 'Cube', nicely done with one Blue Poison Dart Frog. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bolingbrook, IL(Zone 5a)

Actually I have been searching through the forums for someone that does bog gardening. The back of our yard always accumulates about 6 inches of water when it rains. It is fixable I think but not without lots of money that we do not have. So, I was thinking about planting some bog plants there but I only thought of this solution a few days ago so I am still researching it.

Chicago, IL(Zone 6a)

And the variety of plants for bog gardens is endless. From carnivorous plants to orchids. Something for everyone.

And these are just a few sites. The web is actually full of plans, suggestions, plant lists and such for bog gardens and terrariums.

Hope that helps.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.