101 Uses For Refrigerator biscuits

Prairieville, LA(Zone 9a)

We were in the Garden History forum and things rambled a bit, so now we are here. The discussion turned to refrigerated canned biscuits and using them for dumplings and this thread evolved.

Onion Kunchen is one of our favorites. Saute sliced onions, we love Vidalias, in butter and spoon over the top of canned biscuits placed in a greased baking pan. Put 1 cup sour cream with one egg in a bowl and mix well. Pour over biscuits and onions, top with poppy seeds if desired and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or til the topping is set.

This recipe lends itself to many variations

This message was edited Jul 25, 2009 8:15 AM

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Why bother...it has butter, sour cream, bread, eggs and onions. Sounds good enough to clog my arteries just reading about it! (a criteria for being yummy)...well, why don't we add some crumbled bacon, just in case that isn't enough...everything is better with bacon on it.

Melody, have you seen the bacon flavored lip gloss? I love bacon, but think that takes it just a tad too far. Grin

Speaking of bacon, take lefover biscuits, cut in half and lightly toast with garlic butter. Remove and add sliced avocado, crisp bacon, a thin slice of onion and top with swiss cheese. Run under the broiler for a minute or two to melt the cheese......then watch your fingers so they don't get bitten.

Jean

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

lol

Yeah, long story....good food though.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I was dying laughing when i read bacon flavored lip gloss.............LOL
I guess we don't have that here ;-)

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

DH just fried donuts out of refridgerator biscuits. And of course the easy ol' standby of Monkey Bread is made from them to :)

They are really versatile and easy to use.

Marinette, WI(Zone 4b)

I go to cooks.com all the time when I want to find something. Is my favorite site for recipes.......I have a ton of recipies, but it never hurts to have more.

They just don't have much in Mulberry recipies, so I had to find another site for them :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images