Fragrance!

Christiansted, VI(Zone 11)

Oh, Lord, they enchant me. they make me stop and BREATHE, my lungs could never satisfy my - - -

my

my

nose? Oleofacktories. No poet, me.

There is a bushy bushy ? lily of some sort. Petals, long and strappy, look like they've been eaten to nothing but spines. and you'll have yellow pollen all over your face from sniffing.

Delicious. Enchanting.

Oh.

Xai Xai, Mozambique

You're a better poet than i am! i like fragarent flowers as well, my favorite is Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. are you familiar with it?
westraad

Keaau, HI

Are you talking about Crinum?

Yes, it's a crinum, thanks. I didn't find a photo of this particular kind. Guess I'll have to drag out the camera, if anyone's interested. Thess crinums are very common all over this island.

Yesterday, today and tomorrow is a tree here, with hibiscus type flowers White in the morning, to yellow, to red in the evening. I haven't noticed if it's fragrant...

noonamah, Australia

We have two species of Crinum here but I've never sniffed them out. I'll have to remember to try it when their flowering season starts.

Keaau, HI

If the flowers are a spider type, and fall over as they grow up out of the plant, it is probably Crinum augustum; if the flowers stand straight up as they mature it is probably Crinum asiaticum,/i>.

lol, I'll choose augustum, because my mother's middle name was Augusta. And I think that's the correct name anyway, they're quite floppy.

A dangerous flower to sniff, you get yellow pollen all over your face!

Xai Xai, Mozambique

there are different types of Yesterday, today, and tomorrows, the one i am talking about is Brunfelsia grandiflora, very beautiful and extremely fragrant. you can smell it from far away. its flowers open the first day dark purple, the second day they are a light purple, and the third and last day they are white. its so beautiful, this multicolored bush! i have two in my garden.
westraad

Eeeek!! In the Solanaceae family! Deadly, my tongue, then my throat would swell, and I'd choke to death, no joke! My sensitivity to nightshades has become ridiculous. I sniff nothing that I do not know absolutely for sure that is not a night shade.

Sheesh, used to be just tomatoes, peppers and potatoes. But I lived someplace that had a tree that had blooms constantly. and they smelled like Lilacs, which I miss. I got sicker and sicker, bummer.

Owell!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.