Need some suggestions.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I am into making windchimes and there are some things that I would like to use as the top of them. I would like some of the miniture chinese hats and tiki huts and that sort of thing. Would any of you have any ideas as to where I could obtain things like this?
Any info would be appreciated.

Edinburg, TX

Perhaps you could try your local dollar store or party supply store - they might have some ceramic or thin metal ones you can drill holes into. Am sure they have plastic stuff but that won't last very long.

~ Cat

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks,
I have looked everywhere like that and can't find the stuff I am looking for.Have looked at all the craft stores, dollar stores, big lot and all. they have all kinds of thigns but nothing like the chinese hats or tiki huts.

Alachua, FL

try OrientalTrading.com

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

LOL I have even been there too. I know there has to be someplace other people get this stuff but I just can't seem to find it. I have exhausted all the places I knew to look.

(Pony) Lakewood, WA(Zone 8a)

Have you tried places that sell aquarium decorations? There's a chance you could find little huts there. They wouldn't be cheap, but they'd hold up in the weather.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

Oh I can find the ceramic type stuff but I want the bamboo woven hats and the tiki hut out of bamboo also. I am beginning to think I am going to have to start another hobbie just to get what I want. I'll buy the stuff that you weave to make chair bottoms and that kind of thing out of. I can split it down small enough to weave the hats I think.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Have you tried a big party supply place? Sometimes they have things like that.

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

I don't know of anyplace around here like that. Do you know if there are some that are on line? If so just give me an idea of what kind of place to look for.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

http://www.partycity.com/p2p/searchResults.do?method=view&search=basic&keyword=tiki&sortby=priceAscend&page=1

try this place, or just google party supplies?

http://www.craftbits.com/project/chinese-hat

This message was edited Aug 31, 2009 10:09 PM

Washington, IN(Zone 6a)

OK Thanks.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images