Camping with motorcycle?

Williamstown, NJ(Zone 6b)

Has anyone gone camping with your cruising motorcycle? If you have, did you go with a cargo trailer or camper that you tow behind your bike?

My husband and I are interested in getting one but have no idea where to purchase it. Can someone help us?

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

They have many "tear drop" pull behinds. I always camp with a tarp and wool blanket. Most of my camping has been on mountain trails and two tracks. But I plan on many this next summer because I bought a BMW dual purpose bike. check this out.
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=motorcycle+camper&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_newu=1&_sop=1i>

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009 9:38 PM

This message was edited Nov 15, 2009 9:38 PM

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

We have an 08 Harley electraglide and our tent fit right across the back of the seat across the top of the saddle bags. Granted we only traveled a few thruway exits before we met up with the club he rode with at the time, and we put our gear in the chase vehicle. But it worked for us. We were only camping for a weekend traveling from Syracuse NY to Akron Ohio so we fit everything else in the saddle bags. We don't even have a tour pack!!!! I guess we're minimalists. I've seen Those trailers, but only ever on custom trikes and a few on goldwings. You may want to see if you have a Honda dealer nearby and check them out. I've never seen a trailer at any Harley dealership. Weird.
What kind of bike do you have? And what type of riding do you do? Occasional trips or a lot of touring?

It is a 2000 Kawasaki Voyager. My husband has gone as far as Yellow Stone park on it 2 years ago. He wanted a trailer so that he could carry a tent and a chair when he goes for these long rides to save on hotel stops. Or we could go shopping with the bike rather then the car...lol

Thumbnail by marie_kap
Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Wow! That's a nice bike, way more room than we have. I dont have A closer pic of ours on my phone but it gives scale to our little house! :D

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81
Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

And he just got me this so I can get a feel for two wheels before I get my permit and my own bike!

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Oops here's The picture!

Thumbnail by OutlawHeart81

That one is nice to start with and see if you like it. It is a small house but really cute. What is that tree that is dropping the flowers?

I dont know if i want one. I would have to start with something real small because I am small only 4ft 8.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

LOL!!! I'm 4'11"!!!! I tried out a Yamaha v star 250 and!!!PERFECT FIT!!!! it's got a 27" seat height and I could flat foot it and stand it up no problem! Try one out! It restored my faith.
The flowering tree is a catalpa. :) it's messy but beautiful.

Oh my you are short too....lol One day I might, but I am still not sure of it. I have shoulder surgery on one and will be needing it done to the other soon. I am afraid I wont be able to hold it up.

Syracuse, NY(Zone 5a)

Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope that you are healing well And taking it easy. I hope to get a bike someday myself, but I'm nervous about it too. Anyway I hope you have had some luck finding a trailer. I just noticed this was first posted in 2009!!!?

We did find one, but it does not pull well. We traveled to Georgia to get it. But it has no shocks. So I guess he will be looking again for another.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.