Photo by Melody

DG Journals and Diaries: spell checker: customized DG or generic?

Communities > Forums > DG Journals and Diaries
bookmark
Forum: DG Journals and DiariesReplies: 4, Views: 35
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cedar18
Lula, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2009
5:24 PM

Post #6867418

I noticed that words like 'coneflower' and 'daylilies' are underlined in red as I type, indicating it is a (mis)spelling issue. Other "words of art" (gardening that is:)) like flower genus and species (Penstemon smallii, for example) also are underlined in red. Since these are common gardening words, can the DG spell checker "be told" about them? Maybe include all words in the Plant Files titles?
Thanks
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

July 26, 2009
5:36 PM

Post #6867477

The spell checker is a function of your browser, not DG. This may vary depending on which browser you're using, but typically if you right-click on the "misspelled" word, you'll see an option to add it to the dictionary (just double check that you did spell it correctly first!)
cedar18
Lula, GA
(Zone 7b)

July 26, 2009
5:46 PM

Post #6867517

Thank you ecrane. I did wonder if it was a specific DG spell checker, hence my thread starter. I should have checked my browser tool. I appreciate your help. You are like a guardian angel -- hovering out there solving our problems!!
Pippi21
Silver Spring, MD
(Zone 6b)

November 28, 2009
2:35 PM

Post #7316217

I just became a subscriber, how do I find out how all the features work on this website?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

November 28, 2009
3:04 PM

Post #7316269

Welcome! I would start with the tour--you should have gotten something suggesting that you take the tour when you first logged in, but if you didn't here's a link to it http://davesgarden.com/aboutus/tour/ Then after that, try clicking around on the different navigation tabs at the top of the page (tools, communities, etc) and check out some of the different features. Each feature has its own FAQ--once you click on a particular feature to enter it, look underneath the navigation tabs and you'll see a link that says FAQ.

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

Upload Images to your reply

-

Other DG Journals and Diaries Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
    Online journal - getting started Terry 219 Apr 1, 2008 1:12 PM
    Journal "wish list" requests here, please Terry 175 Sep 25, 2013 4:26 PM
    The Garden Diary is ready for testing dave 159 Aug 18, 2008 7:51 PM
    "Watching" a Garden Diary dave 18 Jul 2, 2013 7:36 AM
    Using both the journal and diary barbur 4 Sep 28, 2013 6:57 PM

We recommend Firefox
    Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America