spell checker: customized DG or generic?

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

I noticed that words like 'coneflower' and 'daylilies' are underlined in red as I type, indicating it is a (mis)spelling issue. Other "words of art" (gardening that is:)) like flower genus and species (Penstemon smallii, for example) also are underlined in red. Since these are common gardening words, can the DG spell checker "be told" about them? Maybe include all words in the Plant Files titles?
Thanks

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

The spell checker is a function of your browser, not DG. This may vary depending on which browser you're using, but typically if you right-click on the "misspelled" word, you'll see an option to add it to the dictionary (just double check that you did spell it correctly first!)

Lula, GA(Zone 7b)

Thank you ecrane. I did wonder if it was a specific DG spell checker, hence my thread starter. I should have checked my browser tool. I appreciate your help. You are like a guardian angel -- hovering out there solving our problems!!

Silver Spring, MD(Zone 6b)

I just became a subscriber, how do I find out how all the features work on this website?

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Welcome! I would start with the tour--you should have gotten something suggesting that you take the tour when you first logged in, but if you didn't here's a link to it http://davesgarden.com/aboutus/tour/ Then after that, try clicking around on the different navigation tabs at the top of the page (tools, communities, etc) and check out some of the different features. Each feature has its own FAQ--once you click on a particular feature to enter it, look underneath the navigation tabs and you'll see a link that says FAQ.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images