Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and out: Thank you,

Communities > Forums > Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and out
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and outReplies: 1, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
soive2000
Austin, TX

July 27, 2009
11:41 AM

Post #6870250

That was a wonderful article. Having grown in Southern California I remember the trees well.
My mother also grew one outdoors at one of the houses we lived in. I always thought it was beautiful
My biggest surprise from your article was learning it was a fig tree.Who would have thunk it!

Thank you again,

Anita (transplanted to Austin Texas now)

Lily_love

Lily_love
Central, AL
(Zone 7b)

July 27, 2009
1:04 PM

Post #6870490

Thank you for such informative article Bob. I've two huge ones growing indoor in half-wiskey barrels and they're quite wonderful to have. Interesting too, I've never associate them with the Banyans trees in Hawaii.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and out Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
The ficus article Plantman88 0 Jul 27, 2009 1:33 PM
Ficus care - good advice chuck7701 12 Aug 1, 2009 2:26 AM
Ficus livablelandscap 0 Jul 27, 2009 3:25 PM
Ficus benjamina casadeluna 0 Jul 27, 2009 3:36 PM
Question about outdoor ficus watsuwendy 2 Jul 28, 2009 4:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America