Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and out: Ficus benjamina

Communities > Forums > Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and out
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and outReplies: 0, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
casadeluna
Visalia, CA

July 27, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6871144

I enjoyed your article. It brought back memories of a ficus that was the first houseplant I bought after I graduated from college. I think I paid $.89 cents for it way back when! I carried it everywhere I moved and finally, when I thought my husband and I had settled for good in Chula Vista, California, we planted it. We did eventually move out of the area but when we were in San Diego for a visit, we took our children by the house they were "born in" and that plant had taken over the entire side of the house and was "weeping" over the neighbor's yard! It was truly amazing! But here in central California, I'm content to care for the ficus that had been neglected and left behind by the person who was formerly in my position at work. It gets a little cold here in winter so I don't think I can plant it to a "permanent" position in my garden, but maybe that's a good thing!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Weeping Fig, Ficus benjamina- indoor and out Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you, soive2000 1 Jul 27, 2009 1:04 PM
The ficus article Plantman88 0 Jul 27, 2009 1:33 PM
Ficus care - good advice chuck7701 12 Aug 1, 2009 2:26 AM
Ficus livablelandscap 0 Jul 27, 2009 3:25 PM
Question about outdoor ficus watsuwendy 2 Jul 28, 2009 4:24 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America