Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available Software: Sierra LandDesigner 3D

Communities > Forums > Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available Software
bookmark
Forum: Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available SoftwareReplies: 2, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Serene222
Manns Harbor, NC

July 29, 2009
11:17 PM

Post #6882030

I don't think this is one of the products on your list. I like the program, but first, the choice of flowers is limiting, i.e., there is no option for a pink coreopsis. Also, the flowers are just not as realistic as I would like. I have looked and looked and though I do use this program to determine layout, space, and placement. I finally go back to Word documents with photos of the flowers I want to put together. It seems the programs are all geared towards landscape design and not toward designing single flower beds which is what I would like but have never been able to find.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
2:45 PM

Post #6884558

Hi, Serene. I've never seen this program, but basically that's the problem with all of them. You're correct, what we want is a flower bed design program and not a landscape design program. I don't know if it will ever happen because most of them are geared toward professional landscapers, or the homeowner who just wants to see what the yard will look like with the beds laid out. We could all try e-mailing the software companies and asking but I don't know that there would be enough interest to get them to move on anything.
Serene222
Manns Harbor, NC

August 6, 2009
10:42 PM

Post #6915934

Thank you - it's so nice to know it's not just me - there really isn't anything out there like we need.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Garden Design on Your Computer, Part 1: A Mini-Review of the Available Software Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you! rcn48 16 Feb 18, 2008 1:26 AM
Wonderful! Braveheartsmom 1 Feb 18, 2008 1:51 PM
Timely Article frausnow 1 Feb 18, 2008 2:29 PM
Really usefull article! daleapowell 2 Feb 24, 2008 8:09 PM
3D Home Architech Design Suite available wooconley 1 Mar 10, 2008 11:19 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America