Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: The Story of Queen Anne's Lace: Dropping seeds

Communities > Forums > Article: The Story of Queen Anne's Lace
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Story of Queen Anne's LaceReplies: 3, Views: 24
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
pamsaplantin
Morgantown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
1:01 AM

Post #6882600

Maybe this was addressed in another post but I didn't see it. When I have tried to use QAL as a cut flower it dropped seeds all over the place making a terrible mess. Is there a way to avoid this problem?

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
7:25 AM

Post #6883720

Hmmm. Hair spray, or some kind of fixative? Picking it at a less open stage? I never really paid attention to that. (Now you know what kind of a housekeeper I am!) I'll bet you mean petals not seeds, right, or do you literally mean seeds?

Thanks for commenting - I'm intrigued, now.
pamsaplantin
Morgantown, WV
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
2:26 PM

Post #6884481

Small black specks. I would think that has to be seeds. (At least I hope it was seeds & not some kind of worm castings. Ewwww! I had that happen once. There was a tiny inchworm on one of my flowers making a mess. Now I always put my flowers to soak in a sink full of water for a while before I put them in a vase to force out any stowaways.)

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

July 30, 2009
10:01 PM

Post #6886383

Ewwww. I don't know what to say; I am so sorry. Except again, maybe younger flowers.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Story of Queen Anne's Lace Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Article jmorth 6 Aug 11, 2008 11:54 PM
Article DriftingDude 1 Aug 11, 2008 12:32 PM
How to use QAL in flower arrangements ScotDeerie 1 Aug 11, 2008 12:45 PM
I love them too! davis1676 1 Aug 11, 2008 1:50 PM
Apiaceae = Umbelliferae LariAnn 10 Jul 30, 2009 4:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America