Hard to believe how time has flown, but the16th DG annual photo contest has begun! Find the details here. Best wishes to all the entrants!!!

August already!? What's blooming!?

Page, ND

August already!? What's blooming!?

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl
Page, ND

The rainbow garden is blooming!

Thumbnail by NDFarmgirl
Sebastopol, CA(Zone 9a)

Beautiful! Gorgeous! Hooray!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I found the collages
This Dahlia is doing great for a plant that was supposed to measure 32 inches.
Mix up at the store I guess.
Its from the Carribean collection

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

some long views

Thumbnail by ge1836
Hannibal, NY(Zone 6a)

Jo Ann, I love the bed with the yellow flowers, and just the green leaves. It looks soothing to me. Is it ligularia?

NDFarmgirl, now that's a rainbow bed for sure! Lovely. How large is the bed, it looks huge? Great use of perennials, annuals and vines.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi Polly
Yes thats Britt Marie
the tall NOID lilies just left bloom.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

My tree guy Brad was here and its the scotch pine borer beetle.
Two trees are infected.
One tree worse than the other so it will have to come down and they will start a systemic treatment of the other tree in hopes to save it.
I will wait to see if the second tree lives (about 2 years to tell) and then if its a gonner I'll take it down too and replace with a redbud .
Treatments aare 75 bucks each treatment.He didnt say how many in a season.
I said the value of the plants in that area is more than the cost of treatment and tree removal.
End of October for the really bad tree. Treatments start ASAP.

Baton Rouge, LA

Wow... how beautiful, FarmGirl! What a lovely garden to gaze upon. You must do the happy dance every time you go outside!

Sydney, Canada

NDfarmgirl. "WOW". Your gardens are gorgeous. You really are a great gardener. Still trying to get things reorganized in my gardens. Hope they look as beautiful as yours someday.
P.S. You truly have a "GREEN THUMB."-IrishLass

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

Lovely, farmgirl!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

really nice

Blaine, MN(Zone 4b)

Knocked my socks off farmgirl ....It looks like a piece of heaven on earth to me. Thank you for sharing ...The more pictures the better...

Florence, KY(Zone 6a)

That rainbow garden is breathtaking. Beautiful.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.