Photo by Melody

Article: A day at the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory: NPBG

Communities > Forums > Article: A day at the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory
bookmark
Forum: Article: A day at the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens and Butterfly ConservatoryReplies: 1, Views: 6
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
minden
Lockport, NY

August 3, 2009
1:44 PM

Post #6901244

Nice to read articles about the School--I'm a grad from 1994. The allee is Carpinus betulus 'Fastigiata', and is one of my favourite parts of the garden. The eastward focal point is the front door of the residence building, so we students experienced that view every day.
The sculpture you mentioned is a relatively new entity, and I'm embarrassed to say I can't remember much about it, although I was there the day a time capsule was installed (during "A Day in the Garden", I believe, a few years back). It's a shame it's not labelled--I'm sure you're not the only one curious about the piece.
And a fun fact regarding the ice cream:
Back when I was a student, the guys would sometimes pick a few of the roses to butter up the girls in the ice cream shop. Great way to score free ice cream!
By the way, I'm in Lockport, not far from you. We should compare "dabbles" someday!
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

August 25, 2009
12:35 AM

Post #6984700

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. Do you mind my asking if you are working in horticulture today? I just love it there and could go back every day, I think.

It's nice to talk to someone so close by. We should definitely do dabble together. There are so few members this close by.

~ jan

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A day at the Niagara Parks Botanical Gardens and Butterfly Conservatory Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful! jannich 1 Aug 2, 2009 7:02 PM
Nice phicks 1 Aug 3, 2009 4:27 AM
Thanks! QTPIinLA 1 Aug 25, 2009 12:55 AM
Butterflies and Caterpillars dwelpgarden 1 Aug 25, 2009 12:54 AM
A trip down memory lane! Bookerc1 1 Aug 25, 2009 12:46 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America