Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

cigarette burns on a laminate sink

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

yeah, it looks really nasty. I bought some abrasive cleanser and thinking to use fine steel wool to buff them out. I can't find Zud - anyone have a source? Liquid Zud was the bomb but I can't find it where I live.

vinegar & baking soda?

bleach?

replace it? I am renting campus housing, I'm willing to scrub but not to replace!

Thanks for your help. I am going back to school at Cleveland State to get my bachelor's in music and then become a music therapist. I am 53 and may be certifiably nuts!! But very excited, too.. .

Fallbrook, CA(Zone 10b)

Here's a link to a place you can buy Zud.

www.supplyhero.com

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

You might also try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser--it can often scrub off things that other abrasive cleaners won't. Doesn't work on everything though and it can damage some surfaces so I'd test it on a small area first to make sure it doesn't make things worse.

Tiller, OR(Zone 8a)

There's a Sprayway product called Crazy Clean, sometimes sold in auto parts stores. It' non-abrasive, (comes in spray can, and is sometimes used to clean white wall tires) and while working as a hospital custodian, I saw it lift years old grape juice stain from white formica.

Silver Lake, OH(Zone 5b)

THANKS for the ideas! I got a magic eraser... I think Crazy Clean is something that should be in my arsenal of stuff to fight grime.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.