-
AuthorContent
willowwind
Moundridge, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 8, 2009
1:35 PM

Post #6922115

I am new to this area but am just loving looking at all the pictures of your gardens. I would very much like to start creating a fairy garden with my granddaughters, but can't begin to afford the price of the premade houses, although they're beautiful. I'm assuming some of you have built your own houses and was wondering if you could direct me as to how you did this, or if there's been a previous thread I could look up, let me know. Thanks for your help.

willow
Sallysblooms
South, TX

August 11, 2009
5:54 PM

Post #6934986

The best thing is that you and your g.daughters can use things you find! Clay pots with rocks and twigs glued to them would be pretty and woodsy.

My hubby found this large piece of tree stump. I love it. You can do that.

Also, places like Hobby Lobby etc have lots of things that are not expensive. Dried flowers, curly twigs... The best thing is using your imagination. I love it. Pretty rocks you find or buy are so nice. Dollar stores might have nice little figurines also. I love the craft stores for all kinds of things. Moss, gnomes, the fairy door and windows... This time of year is hard at the craft stores since CHRISTMAS is all out. Spring and summer are easier.

Look around in the threads. Lots of great ideas.

Welcome!

Thumbnail by Sallysblooms
Click the image for an enlarged view.

willowwind
Moundridge, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 11, 2009
7:33 PM

Post #6935364

Thank you so much Sally for your patient answer to what I now see as a silly question, and I absolutely love your old tree stump home. I think we have a few like that from the last ice storm. I think the first few things I peeked at were darling but expensive houses with links to their sites. In the last few days I have looked through more threads and can see the wonderful imaginatives homes that have been made. I'm really excited now, and am finding all sorts of ideas just going around the yard. I think a trip to Hobby Lobby will be in the offing, then I'll have to get pictures taken to share. Thanks to all the forum members for their exciting ideas. This looks like great fun.

Willow

This message was edited Aug 11, 2009 2:36 PM
Sallysblooms
South, TX

August 11, 2009
8:18 PM

Post #6935516

You are welcome. It is a fun thing to do and you can change and add to them. Little dollhouse furn. is nice or kids like making things with sticks also.

The beautiful houses are nice, but expensive. Some are not as much though. They can give you good ideas.

You can make fairy homes outside or inside, in a basket or terrarium. Marbles etc. so pretty.

willowwind
Moundridge, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2009
2:00 AM

Post #6936751

Oh my! Sally, that terrarium is just beautiful. The little fairy looks like one of the Cicely Mary Barker dolls that are so pretty and getting a bit expensive. I have only a couple, but I paid very little several years ago and was amazed at the current prices. That is really a lovely way to display them.

I needed a boost to get me excited in the garden again. I've had a frustrating spring and summer due to some health glitches, but this is the kind of thing I can work on and keep up with 'til they can finish fixing my knee next spring. I've even just started some allyssum for fall thinking the tiny flowers would be pretty in a little fairy housing project. thanks for the help,

willow
Sallysblooms
South, TX

August 12, 2009
2:35 AM

Post #6936886

I have some health problems too. :( I do hope you will feel better.

Yes, I have about four of those kind of fairies. They are darling. I have about five.

Sallysblooms
South, TX

August 12, 2009
2:36 AM

Post #6936888

another

willowwind
Moundridge, KS
(Zone 6a)

August 12, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6938656

I really love how you've used them. Mine are just sitting in their boxes. What a sad thing when they could be so well displayed. Thank you for the ideas. I hope you'll be doing better soon too. My frustrations are, fortunately, only temporary, and should be fixed next spring. I'm afraid my biggest problem is the lack of patience...but I certainly am learning some, and learning to be gratefull for each new thing I accomplish. Guess the good Lord decided I needed some practice there! Have a good day Sally,

willow

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2011
9:58 PM

Post #8326885

I know this is an old thread but I'd love to see this forum get some more traffic.

Here's some fairy houses from the most famous fairies in Disney
This one made from dried leaves and acorns

Thumbnail by flowAjen

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2011
10:01 PM

Post #8326889

This one made from sticks, a coffee can, pebbles, some moss

Thumbnail by flowAjen

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2011
10:02 PM

Post #8326891

This one from an old toy and a funnel with some bark

Thumbnail by flowAjen

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 23, 2011
10:03 PM

Post #8326893

Old teapot and plate

Thumbnail by flowAjen

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

January 24, 2011
7:16 PM

Post #8328639

Those were awesome! Great imagination!
Sallysblooms
South, TX

January 26, 2011
10:17 AM

Post #8331461

How wonderful. I love your ideas!

flowAjen

flowAjen
central, NJ
(Zone 6b)

January 26, 2011
10:34 AM

Post #8331492

flowAjen wrote:
Here's some fairy houses from the most famous fairies in Disney

I wish they were my ideas..

Sundownr

Sundownr
(Bev) Wytheville, VA
(Zone 6a)

January 26, 2011
12:17 PM

Post #8331705

flowAjen,
Oh, but they CAN be yours, LOL. I think we all share our pics and try to emulate the things we see that we really like! I know I do!
Sallysblooms
South, TX

January 26, 2011
12:51 PM

Post #8331759

Yes, sharing gets our creative juices going!
J2222
Southern California, CA

April 24, 2011
3:07 PM

Post #8517950

Hi All Tiny Garden Gardeners: I lurk here on occasion. Someday I want to begin a tiny garden. The other day on the internet I came across these painted rock houses. They would be cute in tiny gardens. I thought you might be interested in seeing. If you've seen it before...sorry for the duplication... http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2611647890078163208hMmoLA

This message was edited Apr 24, 2011 2:07 PM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Tiny Gardens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Miniature gardens delphiniumdiva 73 Jul 1, 2008 5:30 PM
Miniature Garden BassetMom 43 Jul 4, 2008 11:48 AM
Garden gnomes in their natural habitat. Pixydish 236 Mar 17, 2009 7:46 PM
Miniature Garden Marcy_1 37 Mar 21, 2010 7:42 PM
Faries Anyone AFDolly 22 Jul 25, 2007 2:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America