Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Market Growers: How do you deal with a bad market manager?

Communities > Forums > Market Growers
bookmark
Forum: Market GrowersReplies: 8, Views: 187
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
mommagoose
Harpursville, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 8, 2009
9:52 PM

Post #6923771

Ok, she is great at advertising and coming up with interesting events for the market but she is driving some of us nuts. Every market she spends the whole day helping her friend . We had an issue when a man had a seizure right at my stand and she never came to help us with him or his wife. She never called 911 or took the people's name, she hid.
For the last three weeks she has let new people take my assigned spot. My regular customers have been looking for me all over the market. This week I was squeezed in between a new vendor and a new concession stand . I paid a lot of money for my assigned space and she offered no explanation. I have been at the market since it began two years ago. I pick some of my produce fresh the morning of the market and arrive 15 minutes before the market begins. The rules are , if you do not plan on coming to the market you must call the night before. I have always obeyed this rule. The other rule is you must be at the market before 9 am . I am always there by 8:45.
It seems there are three of us she has decided not to like so she is making thing hard for us. I am compitition for her friend so she is trying to get rid of me? I am afraid I just sent an email to her about it and copied the other vendors. What should I do?
Linda

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. Take a tour of our site and learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!

Other Market Growers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sat., June 21 Markets CountryGardens 40 Oct 5, 2010 5:25 AM
Odor-free Bone Meal? Will wildlife still uproot plants? PlanterRik 8 Jun 24, 2009 2:31 PM
Question on growing food for sale (organic) hczone6 28 Oct 1, 2007 7:52 PM
water melons,cantaloupes CricketsGarden 8 Sep 1, 2007 8:39 PM
Backyard nursery TXSWETIE 183 Jul 2, 2007 9:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America