Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Cut Flowers and Floral Design: The Flowerpot cafe' 24 Cyber St

Communities > Forums > Cut Flowers and Floral Design
bookmark
Forum: Cut Flowers and Floral DesignReplies: 325, Views: 1,153
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2009
2:52 AM

Post #6955073

Hello and Welcome to the Flowerpot cafe'. Join us for a pot of flowers!
Please help to decorate the cafe with fresh flowers for our tables and patio areas outside!

Thumbnail by terriculture
Click the image for an enlarged view.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2009
2:57 AM

Post #6955087

On the menu today... fresh cakes!
The finest homegrown ingredients include, Plox, Roses, Zinnias and Asters.

plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

August 17, 2009
11:20 AM

Post #6955705

Mmmm...yummers. That looks awesome Terri. Thanks for making it. I brought cuttings from my snail vine, a bouquet of Pride of Barbados, pink and orange, and of course chocolate. But not just any old choc. This is Belgian choc, hand dipped raspberries wrapped in rose petals.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2009
12:03 PM

Post #6955817

Hey plant you have a snail vine too? Aren't they wonderful, mine is really taking off across the island right now and will soon have blooms I hope
plantgeek88
Louisville, KY

August 17, 2009
5:18 PM

Post #6957046

Yes, first one for me. I saw the blooms and had to have one. There are a few blossoms now and I hope to get seeds for next year. Too bad they aren't hardy. Oh well, can't have it all. Good luck with yours and hope you get boatloads of blooms.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2009
6:03 PM

Post #6957216

I have had mine for about 7 years geek. I just take it inside in the winter and out again every spring. It was really full of blooms last year and that has been the best year for it yet. It started slow this season but once it roots itself on the isle it really starts to grow like crazy. It wants to wrap itself around everything in its reach.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 17, 2009

Post #6957218

Oh nice, a new Cafe! I brought some roses for the new garden in the front!

Terri, is that yellow Love-Lies-Bleeding in the first photo?

I brought the roses from my garden, I picked them up last year at the supermarket. I find those ones are some of the easiest roses!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2009
6:05 PM

Post #6957224

Well aren't you just "peachy" Steven. Do you mean the grocers roses are easier to maintain? I find that some years my roses don't do much and other years like this year they keep coming and coming.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 17, 2009

Post #6957230

And heres some marigolds too. All those yellow ones at the front are ONE PLANT!

Candee, is your snail vine planted on an island?

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 17, 2009
6:09 PM

Post #6957250

Thanks Candee :) Yes, I find that most of those cheapy ones that are sold inside grocery stores and walmarts are tough as nails and never fail to bloom!

I also have a rose called 'The Fairy' thats really easy to grow as well.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 17, 2009
6:11 PM

Post #6957259

Yes Steven - the vigna caracalla is in a pot and the pot sits out on our "Isle of Dreams" and it roots through the bottom of the pot in the gravel on the island.
Well I'll have to try a walmart rose next year perhaps!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 17, 2009
6:23 PM

Post #6957301

Hmm...I wish I had an island! Do you have a picture???? I've always admired the snail vine, what colour is yours?

You should get a walmart rose next time you're there. I've stuck them out late as November with some leaf mulch and they come back fine.
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 17, 2009
6:44 PM

Post #6957401

Hi Plantgeek, Candee and Steven!
yum, Thanks for the Belgian chocolate Plantgeek, what a treat with the raspberries and rose petals! I have 2 tiny Beargrass plants, will take a pic and show you!

Did you use your snail vine in an arrangement last year Candee? I seem to remember seeing it!
It's a while since we saw a picture of the cafe' s ' Island of dreams '.. lol!

Steven, Thanks for the roses and marigolds, it's looking lovely and colourful in our new front garden.
It is green Amaranthus, but looks yellow in the picture.

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 17, 2009
7:01 PM

Post #6957472

Thank you Terri! Maybe Blossom will donate some kale as well :) heh heh heh.
I think I'm needing to get me some green amaranthus!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
2:31 PM

Post #6960512

Steven you need to get out back more often, guess you can't see the island with that new fence. The vigna is on the far right in the pot, this was taken in June you will have to get out there and see it as it is really spreading. The vigna is pink and white

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
2:36 PM

Post #6960531

This is an old photo you may recall how the island looked last year. Will have to get out and take some recent ones for you.

Thumbnail by haighr

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 18, 2009
3:36 PM

Post #6960811

OH YES! I remember the island now! I wouldn't mind having something like that in my backyard! In the first photo, what is the pink flower just behind the blood grass?

Well, I'm off for now to collect some material, feed myself, and then whip up some shakes for the cafe!!! We can't let Milky Joe think she owns the place!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 18, 2009
4:15 PM

Post #6960959

"No, please don't touch that Madame...WHAT? No. This is not 'your kitchen'!!! Madame, if you do not realize this isn't your Cafe the Management will take action against you!"

*Madame SLAMS the door behind her*

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
4:27 PM

Post #6961008

You know I have just about had enough of Madame, I fired her once, I think you should take the next action Steven. I heard her mumbling under her breath when I came in this morning, something about being taken advantage of? I do believe she has had ample opportunity to turn her attitude around and I am not willing to give her another chance, sorry! I wash my hands of her!
The container behind the blood grass is a combination of red nasturium and pink spider dahlias.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 18, 2009
4:44 PM

Post #6961057

Ok, I'll take the action...I'll be back.

"...
..."

*muffled voices*

Ok, Madame has been let go. I spared her the wood chipper but told her not to come back as she and her attitude are no longer welcome here.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

August 19, 2009
1:02 AM

Post #6962668

Hi everyone, trouble in Paradise again? Lol Madame has had enough chances!
Now Dolly, don't get upset, she has to go!!

Have fun everyone!!!

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! going on my holidays, see you in a couple of weeks!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2009
1:51 AM

Post #6962827

Knock knock!! AM I too late? I brought a coleus lasagna to send terri off with and a basket of peppers!

I see the Madame has been giving a-hem issues!! Well, maybe now she has the record straight!!

Bloomers has been behaving at the rival.

Geek, oh man, a snail vine??? never heard of one no less have I ever seen one. Can you show us?

Well here is the coleaus lasagna, it is garnished with some chocolate mint and a few endless summer hydrangea snips.

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by BLOSSOMBUDDY

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2009
1:58 AM

Post #6962854

And the gareen peppers stuffed in a basket with other delights!

I left another pepper basket at the rival for you terri.. so on your way out on holiday its there for you!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2009
3:22 AM

Post #6963241

Mmm, those veggies and real good Blossom and they hit the spot with the lasagna!

Did I miss Terri's send off? Darn it! I made some Vanilia shakes! Oh and who wants to take over the hiring for a new hostess? We should interview and line up potential candidates for the spot. Or maybe we should promote Milky Joe and find someone to take her spot?

Anyways, heres a late night snack for everyone!
Yummy melon!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2009
3:25 AM

Post #6963256

And here's some shakes for Terri's send off! If you don't get one tonight Terri we'll save you one!

Here's the delicious shakes, they're 'Vanilla' with a twist of 'Cherry Pie'

Mmmmmm...

Enjoy!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2009
3:27 AM

Post #6963265

Here's some more! Theres enough to go round!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 19, 2009
3:32 AM

Post #6963281

Well goodnight everyone! Sleep well!

I guess I'll lock up the Cafe behind me...the spare key will be under the flowerpot as usual for anyone who stops by late night.

*click*

*door shuts*

*key turns*

*latch slides across*

Wow! The stars sure are bright!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 19, 2009
11:38 AM

Post #6963933

Glad I got here first thing this morning Steven and got one of those delicious shakes outta the fridge. What a nice way to start the morning. I will surely pop back in at lunch time for some of BB's delicious lasagne, it is my favorite.
BB that basket is just lovely, what a nice send off for terri.
One of these days I am just going to have to stay up later and try to see those stars - guess it will happen in the near future as it is already getting darker earlier here.
Steven - you and BB are doing such a marvelous job holding down the fort since Madames departure, thanks for all your help around here. Guess it's my turn to pitch in and straighten up.

Yuk, cleaning bathrooms is not my favorite job, but I muddled through it. Now guess I will get to cleaning the grill and then the bar area and then I'll be off to work, but will definitely be back for lunch!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2009
1:34 PM

Post #6964273

GOOOOD MORNING! Good morning, good morning and a very good morning glory to you!

Wow, what is that gleam coming from the bathroom! Haighr, you have done such a glorious job! How are SW's shakes! There is plenty of that special lasagna to go around.

I gathered some more veggies already this morning and have a kitchen full of work to do. You would not mind cleaning the fridge would you dear??! OY, seems summer time just never can let me keep up with the mess in there of things coming and going all the time.

I am going to have a busy day. Dont know whether to start in the office or hit the gardens or the GPS. They are all a mess. Days like today make me want to go back to the bedroom and start over doing something there.

The sun is out and the temps are mild. Still need more rain!

Well, all, have a grrrreat day!

Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 19, 2009
4:14 PM

Post #6964812

Oh my! BB's delicious lasagna and one of Steven's marvelous shakes and now I am stuffed. I know, it is not the standard breakfast but I just had to have it anyway.

Candee, Dolly said she will take over the cleaning duties and will bus tables, waitress and wash dishes. She is afraid of the Late' machine though so someone else will need to run that and the cash register because she is no good at counting change. And she can handle some cooking such as the grill but she has no skill for baking pastries, cookies or cakes or making up fancy dishes so maybe Milky Joe can be the head Chef?

I went ahead and cleaned out the fridge and wiped down the counters and shelves so Dolly could start with a nice clean place.

All these wonderful flowery treats are simply divine. I was afraid we would be feeling neglected with Terri on vacation but it looks like we will be doing just fine now that others have stepped up to the challange. We do need to figure out some sort of mischief to get into though...So Terri can make us all new naughty chairs when she gets back ;~)

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 19, 2009
5:43 PM

Post #6965150

hiall
i found the cafe
it a good to stay inside
rain rain go away elle want to play out side
elle
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 19, 2009

Post #6965203

Hi Elle. Warm up and stay dry. I'll try doing a rain dance and see if we can move that rain west to California for a while.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 19, 2009
6:08 PM

Post #6965222

Hey elle!!!! SEND THE RAIN OVER YAR!!!
Desperately need it!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:51 AM

Post #6967040

Well thank you so much for the rain elle! What a lightning show too! Boom boom BOOOOOOOM!

We could use some more, but the near inch we got is a great blessing!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2009
12:03 PM

Post #6967818

Sure am glad to hear you got some rain your way BB, think they expect it to come our way today. Steve has been putting up the maters, that giant plant I posted on giants in the garden now boasts 42 tomatoes still on the vine ripening and we have picked 2. Will have to go count again after we return from the cabin, perhaps it will hit 50!
elle, hope you took the opportunity to get some rest during your rainstorm. I know you want to be outside, but you tend to wear yourself out when you work out there continually!
Thanks to whoever left a bit of lasagne in the sparkling fridge. Guess I will go ahead and eat it cold for breakfast, um, um good, smack, smack!
As for a new chef, how bout considering Fritz. We first met last year and then he went away to college, he just returned to the area this spring and has been looking for work. He has always wanted to work in a place where he could have free rein to create his masterpieces in a state of the art kitchen. Well when I showed him around this morning, he was just thrilled. Please don't mention his nose, he is quite sensitive about it. Feel free to ask him anything else during the interview.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2009
12:43 PM

Post #6967948

Hey Steven, take a look at the bottom thread of this post. Are these the masked bandits we saw in the sunflower patch???

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1017513/
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
1:38 PM

Post #6968066

...and I thought I was the only one that liked cold lasagna!!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2009
1:45 PM

Post #6968083

Apparently not!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
1:49 PM

Post #6968093

Well, if Fritz is interested in the job, can he give us a sample of his delicacies?

Meanwhile, lets polish off this lasagna before someone else comes!!

hehehehe!!

(...is he related to Bid Bird on Seseme Street???? They have a stunning resemblance to each other...??)

(_)?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2009
1:56 PM

Post #6968127

This is one of his specialty cakes and it has a chocolate cream filling. When you light the torches on it, the whole cake doubles each time someone takes another slice. It is really phenomenal to watch!
I wouldn't ask about the relationship to Big Bird, like I said he is really sensitive.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
2:00 PM

Post #6968141

Wow! That is an awesome cake! Perpetual at that too!

(...well, it was the color of his eyes that got me to thinking about the Bird!!)
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 20, 2009
2:14 PM

Post #6968201

hi all
well it rain all night here
this is my last day off out of 6
it been a mess
i got some canning and freeze done any way
elle
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2009
3:09 PM

Post #6968391

Oh, HELP! I can't see in the Cafe! It's so gleaming in here I'm being blinded!!!!! At least it's helping me to wake up.

I was working late last night so I couldn't make it here for breakfast. But Mmm Mmm, those shakes are pretty good! But since Blossom and Candee ate ALL the lasagna, I'll have to get Fritz to whip me up something...and then I'll have some of that endless cake! Cake is a favorite food of mine so a never-ending is just my thing.

It's good to hear you all got some rain but just be careful that those masked bandits in the sunflower patch don't steal it from you! They look pretty shifty! Maybe it's another rmystery??!!??

By the way, I didn't know Fritz had a wife! She just came in and wants to know if we're going to hire hire him??

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 20, 2009
3:32 PM

Post #6968467

I don't think Fritz has a wife, yikes! Is she trying to dupe him just because he may get the job??? Perhaps he owes her money and it is some sort of secret. Cake or no cake we better check his references really well as like I said I haven't seen him at my place for a while! Perhaps he got married and I just didn't know it? Kids??? Will that be a problem in the cafe, what if he has to take off when they are ill??? All good questions awaiting answers.

Can't wait to see what he whips up for you Steven, all things aside he is a genius chef.

I don't think you need to chastise BB and I for eating all the lasagna, it was there for the taking, you should have put your name on a piece.

elle, what was a mess. Did you have rain the entire time you were off? Sounds like you got a lot done anyway and what better time to do canning than when it is raining out?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

August 20, 2009
3:51 PM

Post #6968536

hi all
yes it rain all the time
it so wet and mucking here
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
4:17 PM

Post #6968631

elle, you must not have gotten my order for rain that I placed weeks ago.. shucks.. I would have took ALL your excess.

SW, are you sure that is not Madame W in disguise? I did not see any deduction for Fritz for any familia! I think Hiaghr is right, he is being duped!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2009
5:35 PM

Post #6968911

YES! There was something very 'woody' about Fritz's wife! She must be back in disguise!!! Either way, Miss Bruggie has agreed to come work here full time. She really is looking better then ever these days. I'm just heading outside to take her pick and I'll take more tonight of all her beautiful flowers after work.

And if Fritz doesn't have a wife we certainly don't want him getting mixed up with Madame!!! That would be terrible! Do you need any help on your farm Elle? We could send Madame W to work for you in the rain!

Oh...has anyone seen Fritz this afternoon? He was SUPPOSED to make me something but he never showed up! Hmm

Heres the link to Miss Bruggies thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1021349/ It'll be updated today or tomorrow! She's grown ALOT!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #6968964

terri is gonna be really upset if we dont get some GOOD help in this cafe soon. I am not sure what her return date is. She is leaving that up to surprizing us I guess.

ANyway, no, have not seen Fritz. But there was some left over peppers in the fridge so I made more stuffed ones.. Help yerself!

EEKs, I am on the vacuuming committee today.. UGH! I hate sucking up, After Madam woodsy messed with my Eureka canister it whistles terrible and I hear like a dog!

Well, chow down. Bloomers is on the dishees.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 20, 2009

Post #6969000

Thanks Blossom, your peppers are really good! The hit the spot :) I do hope Madame W hasn't kidnapped Fritz for ransom or something like that! Untill we find him I'll help out Milky Joe in the kitchen with the shakes and baking.
Miss Bruggie said she'll be into work tomorrow and I'm sure she'll get really good tips too with those lovely yellow skirts! And her cousin should be able to come in anyday as well.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
6:10 PM

Post #6969027

SW, I caught Fritz down at the chicken coop.. seems he was refereeing a food fight going on.

Last two frames if ya herry!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/950910/

Seems Fritzis a good man to hang on to. Those hens were really going at it and I tell you what, there was a really sore loser!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 20, 2009
6:22 PM

Post #6969069

Oh, almost forgot.. the spider plants I got in are hanging up on the porch now and they look marvy!

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 21, 2009
5:29 PM

Post #6972750

AH HA! So thats where Fritz was hiding! I would have loved to have been there myself to have seen it! I've always wanted chickens but not allowed in the city :(

After work last night I caught a beautiful sight that put the moon to shame!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 21, 2009
7:13 PM

Post #6973095

The vanilla shakes are adorable! What kind of flowers are in there?

Here's my latest, done at a flower class last week at a shop that specializes in 'pave' style arrangements.

Thumbnail by Gwendalou

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 21, 2009
7:47 PM

Post #6973204

SW! Lovely "moon" there! Oh and Fritz was last seen at my GPS5! Trying to ID some caterpillars as friends or foes before we decide to toss them to the chickens.

LOL! I got a friend who lives in the city that has hens. They allow it there. Her roosters have lived their last days at my farm though...

Gwen! Lovely arrangement, terri and the gang will be soo pleased! Glad you could come!

Well, I have to get out to the barn and feen the equine species. Will chat upon you all later! Then get back with Fritz and SW to see what the verdict is on those caterpillers!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 24, 2009
4:51 PM

Post #6983157

Gwen that is gorgeous can you tell me what's in it? What a wonderful color combo and it is so lush. That really brightens up this cafe, especially in terris absence and with all the other disappearances going on around here.

I saw Fritz this morning, he was hiding on his way to the farmers market to get a few items and was wondering if there will be soon a decision on his hiring. He had great plans of cooking for Steven, but that old stove of ours caught fire and he didn't want to tell you cause he knows how you feel about fire Steven!

He whipped this up for you special!

Thumbnail by haighr

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 24, 2009

Post #6983434

Well I have to find Fritz and thank him! He's prooving to be very elusive! But if everyone else is ok with it, I'd be willing to hire Fritz as the new chef.

Gwen, Thank-you! My shakes were made with 'Vanilla' Marigolds, 'Marine' Heliotropes and Giant Cephalaria stems for the straws. I do hope you got to try one as everyone seemed to think they were quite good! And your flowers look wonderful over by the window! I really like that orange one in the front! May I ask what 'pave' style is?

Candee, it looks like we have a new hostess who wants to take over Madames spot. Her name is Sophia Brugelle and she's a cousin to Miss Bruggie. These "la de da" Madame types can be really fussy though it seems so what do you think of giving her a try? On probation of course!!!!! So if she gets all touchy we can give her the sack no questions asked! Maybe you'd like to speak with her first?

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 24, 2009
6:19 PM

Post #6983485

Well Steven she looks quite "tight lipped" to me. I am willing to try her though on yours and Bruggies suggestion. Why don't we give her a chance and then decide about taking her off probation on Terri's return.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

August 24, 2009
6:45 PM

Post #6983564

Sophia Brugelle looks a lot like the chubby faced, double chinned, pouty face that met me in my mirror this morning. I wonder if she is a relative...if so... she would be perfect...like...me...only sweeter smelling ;~)
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 24, 2009
8:27 PM

Post #6983847

Count my vote in for a YAY.. hire them, all three, Fritz and the two lovely gals!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2009
12:56 AM

Post #6984773

I made this little surprise for the cafe, LOL, can't wait to see if Terri can tell the front from the back??? Usually my creations are pretty one-sided!
Hope our new help puts this one in a sunny spot!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2009
1:00 AM

Post #6984785

This is a cluster of three sets of little vases - blown glass of 3 to a cluster.

Thumbnail by haighr

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 25, 2009
1:59 AM

Post #6984989

Very nice. I love the flowers you've used. All those are so pretty and they go well in that vase arrangement, which looks like it could be hard to utilize. You did it perfectly! Very summery and cheerful.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2009
2:09 AM

Post #6985025

It looks like a pretty lil wedding cake!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

August 25, 2009
4:41 AM

Post #6985478

Very cute. What are the white sprigs? I like their texture.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2009
11:14 AM

Post #6985784

Thanks everyone, you are right the contortions of these little vases is a bit of a challenge. Think I'll try stacking the next time or individual.
The white sprigs Dianne are sedum Frosty Morn just coming to bloom. I love the stuff. At the beginning of the season I use the gypsophilia, then move on to buddelia and then to the sedum.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2009
2:51 PM

Post #6986416

Wow! That is sooo versatile haighr!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 25, 2009
6:51 PM

Post #6987178

Nice arrangement Candee! I like how they are all separate and you can see the space between them yet they all go together! There's also the added dimension of them being placed in front of the mirror!

So how's Sophia Brugelle been working this morning? She had a bit of a fall last night when she blew over but all is fine now. Has she been working hard? She mentioned Candee spoke with her about how we don't want any "attitude" and she said she'll do her best. And on the other hand I saw Miss Bruggie busy away in the kitchen with Milky Joe and Fritz whipping up these yummy blueberry peach muffins for us!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 25, 2009
9:17 PM

Post #6987606

Oh my, blueberry peach muffs!! And such fresh fruits they are! Yum, may I partake!

I finally took that photo for you SW, I will show it to Ms. Bruggie and her companions as soon as my they arrive at my PC and I can send them on.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 26, 2009
4:10 PM

Post #6990545

Wow Steven, they look "peachy", think I'll have 2?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 27, 2009
1:52 AM

Post #6992524

YAY! SW they finally came.. see Ms Bruggie for the photo of it.

Mmmmmm, these are yummy! Cant say I ever tried peachblueberry muffs before! YUM!

Well, I am off to the GPS... still dead heading the garden phlox.

e-yaaaawn!
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 27, 2009
2:01 AM

Post #6992563

Haighr, the flowers in that arrangement are one huge white hydrangea, red dahlias, red spray roses, yellow yarrow, orchids, aspidistera leaves (sp?), calla, scented geranium leaves, and limes. It is all sitting on a bed of varigated pitt.

SW_gardener, pave style is sort of the rounded look, with the flowers close together and not as much greenery. You can go to their website, http://www.fiorifloraldesign.com/, and click on 'signature style' and read a bit more about it.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 27, 2009
1:35 PM

Post #6993739

Thanks for the info Gwen, and thanks for the link on the styles.
What do you use to deadhead BB? With all the acreage you have of flowers you must use something magic, you can't be deadheading the way I do one spent bloom at a time?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 27, 2009
4:56 PM

Post #6994555

Haighr, depends on the portion of the garden! Containers and pots, those are always done by hand.

Sections of the garden that I have good sized colonies or "prefered plants get deadheaded by hand too. The tall garden phlox I am working on now for these past 5-6 days I am using a corn knife on and taking it down at the ground and then I have some areas that we are just naturalizing and then the stem and all just gets tossed out in those areas and a mower is run over them later to scatter the seed.

The sunflowers, yikes, yup, buy hand with either a machette, hand cutters or knife behind the head, then we mow the staulks with the 8 foot deckmower.

ALL of the daylilies get the pods hand pulled. A good portion of the daylily beds will get mowed after they are oall done gettng the pods yanked!

Hostas, I mow.

Grass I mow and hay it to the critters. Nothing gets wasted Bad grass gets composted and the animals give me fertilizer!

I wish it was magic at times, but its just lil old me mainly and 6foot 2 when he is not fixing things!!

I have soldiago that is a scurge in my garden. The derned stuff is invasive and gets worse every year. Its great for the butterflies, but just too much of it in some areas of the garden. That stuff, we mow, pull, cut, grrrr.

I have a few beds that we lined out on the borders with rocks. The rocks have to go now so I can just get in those particular beds and mow now that the beds are mature and I dont need the "pretty" edging!

Every year its a new re-do some place. Because we are so large and lose a lot to flooding, I end up helping local gardeners thin their beds and swap them my labor for their plants! I end up literally bringing plants home by the truckload! They get their beds thinned and we both get happy!

We learn to take the tares with the harvest here that is forsure, but nothing gets done if WE dont get at it!

I am off to the GPS5 now. Have some work to do there! But then work is what you make it and if you do not like gardening, then this is work. I love it so it is just something I do.

I have been know to get creative using weeds to control other weeds and then later to eliminate those controllers. Since we do mainly organic, things get pretty interesting. We did a lot of that when we girst came.

Well, catch you guys later!
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 27, 2009
5:47 PM

Post #6994763

BB, you may already do this for all I know, but solidago is very popular with florists and I bet you could sell yours to them.

Some of our better florists buy from individuals such as youself. Esp since you are mostly organic. Do you have photos of your place? It sounds fabulous!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

August 27, 2009
10:26 PM

Post #6995612

I am glad to market to any florists. Now is prime time for their bloom, they are not quite open yet. Packaging is an issue but could send them USPS priority if the individual tells me how to keep them fresh!
I will occassionally post dried botanicals on ebay too, but its just a hobby.

I have a lot of it and it like I said has invaded places I do not want it. Pictures, oh yes, several thousand of them and of many of the plants and still clicking! I must take between 15 and 30 pics a day between the place, plants and critters! I am a very avid photographer!

Well, here it is, just beginning to open... also mine gets to be 6-7 feet tall. So its not for your typical back yard! And I am not sure of the full botanical ID

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

August 28, 2009
10:30 AM

Post #6996922

few years ago there was a documentary on Ellerslie racecourse in Auckland, NZ & mentioned the lovely rose gardens.
Their answer to pruning?
they do it with hedge clippers.
too many to do the 'proper' way.
It works - they know when to trim in order to have full flush of flowers for the big race day.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

August 28, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #6997506

Hi all! Glad you liked the muffins! I'm enjoying one now that I hadhidden in my secret spot! Although I think Milky Joe saw me hide it so maybe it's not so secret anymore.

Lovely goldenrod Blossom! It grows in the meadow behind our house and this year I noticed there's a couple different types. One has rather flat heads...sort of like yarrow and I really like it but I think I'll stick to enjoying it from over the fence!

Gwen, thanks for the link, I'll be sure to check it out and keep an eye out for that yellow yarrow! I really liked that.
Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

August 28, 2009
3:31 PM

Post #6997690

I know of one guy that opens his gates ( which are normally closed all year) during the late fall and winter and the deer come in and do his rose pruning. In the spring, he closes the gates back up. Clever!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

August 31, 2009
12:07 PM

Post #7007727

Wow BB sounds like a continuing job in process. Do you ever get finished !
Gwen, now that sounds like quite the trick for those who don't want the work.

I was out there yesterday in my sun garden for a while, there is so much to do this time of year and I was tired when I started after having all the family at the cabin for the weekend.
Dalfyre, I use the trimmers on things like the monarda and it goes much faster. I don't mind the cutting as much as I do the getting up and down to pick it up!
Steven, glad you finally had time for a muffin.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2009
12:48 AM

Post #7010508

Been quiet in here lately. I am even beginning to talk to myself lol! Guess I'll sit back and enjoy this little addition to the cafe. There is a caladium leaf rolled in the vase and then some miscanthus with the dahlia. I really like the way it looks on the patio.
Okay now there Fritz, let me have a little somthing from the bar and make it on the light side as I may have to dance alone this evening and I hear from Ms. Bruggie they really can rock this joint.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2009
12:51 AM

Post #7010520

Well, no, I never get done.. seems I get from one end to the next and gotta start over.. Oy and then when I am behind.. sheesh!

Well we got the tater crop out! Sorry puny crop since it went in so late... only one bucket of taters out of 10 rows...

Any volunteers for scrubbing?

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 1, 2009
12:54 AM

Post #7010524

I gave up on growing potatoes. For the amount of work and space, you don't get that many and organic potatoes are pretty inexpensive comparatively. So I'd rather give that space over elsewhere. It's hard not to grow them. They are pretty easy and do well, but I just never get that many either.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2009
1:29 AM

Post #7010683

We usually get a decent crop upwards of 600 lbs...this year though, they went in too late. Got the space, but I am shy on manpower! Takes the two of us to plant and harvest...especially if we go large!

We usually donate the excess to our food pantry at our church. This year is slim pickens, we were lucky enough to get 10 lbs!

I'd much prefer fresh organics than store boughts any day!

We usually raise kennebecs, pontiacs and yukons.

Fritz, If you got a banana shake, one straight up plez! Cant let haighr drink alone!

Also starting to get apples... only two buckets so far...thats all we had time to pick, but the tree is loaded.

Well, I gotta get down to the GPS5, on my excursions I picked up some plants and seed.

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 1, 2009
2:25 AM

Post #7010939

600 pounds? Whoa! When do you put them in normally? How do you store them? I have trouble keeping them from sprouting.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2009
2:32 AM

Post #7010980

Usually try to get them in in March. That requires fall tilliage and a spring that we do not have snow or floods at the wrong time. The potatoes here can grow superbly, but this year was a really bad year.

We store them in nursery cans. I have 5 gallon cans and we will put them up in our shed until they are fully cleaned and ready to go to the pantrys!

We try to do plant-an -extra-row just for our charities around here.

Well, I really need to get to the GPS5. I just got in some sweet potatoe vines. Not for eating, but for ornamental plantings. Gotta go get the cuttings started on them and check the containeres for watering.

Catch you there.

Thanks for the shakke Fritz and hope Haighr is not talking to herself anymore today. I know that can be just as bad as a blond moment! LOL! Gets really bad when ya start answering yerself too! Maybe her Hoe will join the workforce here. I hear there are some extra dishes in the kitchen tonite.. Oy!

Catch ya guys there!

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

September 1, 2009
2:43 AM

Post #7011055

nothing wrong with talking to yourself...
I was caught wishing the fish good night at work when I was locking up.
I always say good night fishies when I turn their light out.
Just don't usually have customers still in the bar at that hour.
Nobody laughs when I talk to the cat - she answers back ^_^.
And she comes to heel when I call & does a circus act jumping between bar stools if we are in the mood to play.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2009
3:17 AM

Post #7011222

Well, dont feel bad dalfyre, you can just call me "Dolittle" as I talk to the animals too. Lord knows I have plenty around here to talk to too between the horses, frogs, dogs, birds, bugs, rabbits and what not.. you know its bad when you start talking to the plants and well... Oh, I am just not going there. You know, Its bad when they answer baaack! LOL!

Ok, gotta run. Must be that crazy milkshake Fritz whipped up.. I told his sorry soul... straight up. If that keeps up Fritz, we are going to have to reveiw you before your probation is up.
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

September 1, 2009
4:07 AM

Post #7011412

how about a 'Blueberry Smoothie' ...
dwarf variety of blueberry

Thumbnail by dalfyre

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2009
11:36 AM

Post #7012078

Oh thanks dalfyre, but after that nightcap don't think I can have a smoothie right now!
BB thats a lot of taters. We planted red bees this year and will harvest soon, we did harvest a few 2 weeks ago for makin tater salad, yum.
I have the same problem gwen, they go bad before we can eat them all, but we really don't get enough to give away, just somewhere in the middle.
Sure sounds like everyone is busy around here so sorry BB don't think my friend Hoe will be in as she really shys away from any physical labor. Guess it is up to us, Ms. Bruggie and Fritz, they will be fine for a while, the job is new and they are ambitious as all get out!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2009
1:54 PM

Post #7012465

I just popped back in the cafe and found the girls in the kitchen making cupcakes for Terri's return from her holiday. I think they are making plenty for everyone, well if they don't eat them all themselves lol!

Thumbnail by haighr

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 1, 2009

Post #7013001

Adorable little girls! I guess they're yours. How old are they?
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 1, 2009
5:13 PM

Post #7013245

Mmm Mmm, that was one good Blueberry Smoothie! Of course now I feel a little tipsy and it's only one in the afternoon but it will wear off soon!
Does anyone know the date Terri gets back from holiday? We should throw a a party at the Cafe :) I think I might bake a cake this afternoon and bring it over! I haven't baked much for a little while.

Sorry to see your lack of potatos Blossom are veggies were shy producers this year too. They're planted in tubs and WAY to close together.

Well, Miss Bruggie and Sophia said they would help me bake a cake so I'll be back in a bit!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2009
6:35 PM

Post #7013532

My granddaughters, Eva was 3 in March and Aby (left) will be 3 in October. Spent the weekend with them at the cabin.
Looking forward to having some cake and think a party is a great idea. Don't know her return date but can always have things ready to go for the big day.
Here is Aby with the big bowl of batter.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2009
9:41 PM

Post #7014295

Awww, sweet peas arent they!! Well. Young ladies, keep
up the good work, some day you will have a cafe all your own with delectables as such!... (yah hear that Fritz!!)

Well Ima just teasing ya Fritz, that shake was good inspite of the spiking, but pleez, dont let it happen again for me. My old achy buttcheeks just cant handle that stuff.

I understand about Hoe. Bloomers is getting the same way. Shes about spent her nickle in the garden for this year. I thnk she is ready for a vacation. She gets carpal tunnel from using the sprinkler can.

And yummy bloobs there dalfyre! What kind of soil do they like, I have been thinking on trying some. Maybe not that variety, but another. Jsut dont know if they like my sand and how I should ammend it.

Im puytting in those grapes in a week or so here and so fingers crossed I will get yummies on them on day.

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

September 2, 2009
7:44 AM

Post #7016309

on the label mine says "plant in well drained soil rich in organic matter.
Mulch well to ensure the shallow root systems remain moist during the growing season.
Feed with slow release fertiliser low in calcium early spring & again in mid summer."
There were some great articles about growing blueberries in the DG news letter a few issues back.
I would like a larger variety too, they are very decorative, pretty flowers in spring, nice foliage in summer, delicious & attractive fruit & then autumn colour on the leaves before they drop leaving red stems for interest.
Speaking of colour - this is my coprosma 'Pride'.
It is slowly getting bigger & has such nice foliage, I am on the look out for other varieties to add here since this one is doing ok where I planted it.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 2, 2009
3:51 PM

Post #7017287

I am gonna have to remember that. I have very poor soil. Its sand. Will have to take a huge load of manure out there and keep at them then! Maybe I will just stick them on top of the dung pile and call it blueberry hill! LOL!.

Well, I gotta get out to the GPS and the garden, thanks for the help and baking goodies!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

September 2, 2009
6:40 PM

Post #7017883

hi all
they sure are sweet
rain any one
elle
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 2, 2009
8:17 PM

Post #7018217

Hi Elle - We certainly can use a little rain here.

They just finished installing water meters in my neighborhood - will be interesting to see how people will adjust their water usage when they are being charged for the amount of water used, and not just a flat rate as in the past. Sacramento has the infamous reputation of having the highest water usage in California - not sure how it ranks nationwide.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 3, 2009
2:23 AM

Post #7019406

Hi Elle!

Hey who ordered Messy Joe in a garden with Flies?

ellesgh
Humansville, MO

September 3, 2009
2:30 PM

Post #7020730

hi
i love that picture
it sure make me hungery
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 3, 2009
3:15 PM

Post #7020924

Well, here you go elle, thats the special of the day! Anyone else, sing out, I think Fritz is in the kitchen whipping more up!

Im tired. Just worked in the GPS and in the garden cleaning up.

So whats new anyone?
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

September 3, 2009
3:20 PM

Post #7020940

we been trying to catch up with the inside and outside work
but we just do not seen to get mush done when i off
we had a small goat die
we were getting med
but it did not work
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 3, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #7020976

Awww, so sorry elle. Poor thing.

Our old horse lost a lot of weight a short while back. Lost her teeth and had to put her on a special diet. She is looking much better now and feeling good, but I think she is losing her eyesight so I put a bell on her best buddy who is her granddaughter and so they can pal around better together.
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

September 3, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #7021312

hi
ty
it is very sad to loess your animal
i love all of my
well it back to work for 4 day
o that going to kill me lol
elle
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 7, 2009
7:52 PM

Post #7037067

Hi all, it's hot here today! It's about time we got some nice weather! I just got in from watering all the containers. Everything has that "end of summer" look to it! Most of the plants are overgrown but I love my backyard jungle!

I took a bunch of pics a week or so ago but haven't loaded them on yet! When I do I'll come by and post them on the September 'Fall' thread.

I thought Terri might be back by now and have a cake on stand-by ready to serve :)
How are your cupcakes coming Candee? It looks like you and your grandaughters are getting ready fpr the party too!

With all this blueberry talk your all making me want a blueberry bush. I think there's dwarf varieties too?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 7, 2009
11:21 PM

Post #7037825

Pant pant wheez wheez, ... pant...

OMG! Jaws it at the Rival...it almost got me. Is it safe here? Hope the derned monster dint follow me here. He chased me in the garden and pant...there goes my BP'S!

SW, im hiding behind that kingsized booberry muffing you got there so if Jaws sees me he wont recognize me.

Pah pah Pah PAAAAAH PAH!...

oh oh...as sound of 24's skeeky door screaches open...

RUN!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2009
11:25 PM

Post #7037838

Evening all, I was stranded long side the road on Wed and then towed and then had a 2 day yard sale, yikes, made nuf to just about pay for the car damage and now a long holiday weekend of trying to get caught up with the garden and stuff. So recycled the caldium for a new arrangement for the cafe.
Elle, so sorry you lost one of your critters bu that is just the way of life as we all well know. BB sounds like you have a horse to horse around with lol! love the bell idea!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 7, 2009
11:27 PM

Post #7037847

Yikes BB he must be after the caladium !

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #7038312

Qwick, save the caladium its a beauty!!!! Gads what kind of monster is that anyway????? I tried carding him, but cant find no ID. Someone thought he was a copperhead...EEEEEEEEEKS!

SW, Im not going back to the garden with that critter romping around here. You best let us know that its safe. Maybe Fritz can earn his keep and...um...hint hint take goooood care of Mrrr. JJJaaaaws?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 8, 2009
2:53 PM

Post #7040145

My guess would be copperhead, but it is really hard to tell, maybe post on the critter thread for a positive ID. I was out there this morning and didn't see a thing? Perhaps he has gone on his way and was just passing through.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2009
3:14 PM

Post #7040217

Well, I posted his wanted poster up there Hiaghr.. so I am waiting so see what that bandito is. They say there is timber rattlers in these parts and where I live is prime real estate for them.. YIPES. Kinda takes the fun out of container gardening...BEWARE the sneak in the pot!

Other than that its been a pleasant day today in the garden so far. I drew up my courage, saw the wizard and.. stayed in the GPS! LOL!

All entrants for the GREAT PUMPKIN CONTEST of 2009 ,, get on yer marks! New link is going up today!

Will poster back in a short!
ellesgh
Humansville, MO

September 8, 2009
3:27 PM

Post #7040267

hi all
yes every thing is born to die
elle
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 8, 2009
5:37 PM

Post #7040711

Hi elle, yep, you said that right.

For every season...and so it goes!

Well here is the new link to the GREAT PUMPKIN CONTEST 2009!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/pf.php

All those entering theirs, its pppPPPost TIME!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2009
11:52 AM

Post #7043403

I tell you if Terri returns and she doesn't see a cafe full of floral arrangements she is likely to have a coniption fit and you all know what a mess that leaves in here. So let's all get busy and try to bring in at least one fresh arrangement to get this place spruced up!!!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 9, 2009
12:16 PM

Post #7043444

When is she due? she probably sneak in on us...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2009
2:24 PM

Post #7043849

Don't have an ETA so you are right, we better be a step or 2 ahead of her. I'll be looking for something to bring in even in our rain!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 9, 2009
3:54 PM

Post #7044167

Hi all, I thought I'd stop by for a bit, sorry I haven't been around but I've been relaxing this long weekend. I was lucky enough to manage 4 days off! WOO! Now this aft it's back to work. I still have a bunch of pics to share with everyone but haven't loaded them on yet...I procrastinate so bad! hahahahahahaha!

The cafe is so spick and span I think Terri will be pleased on her return and we want to make sure she doesn't have another one of those fits! YIKES! Last time a flying bottle just missed my head!

Anyways I'm off to spend some time with Bella and Coco...I think they want some attention :)

EEEEEEPP!!!! I just saw something slither in the corner over by the bar! Oh NO! It's heading towards the kitchen!!!!!!!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 9, 2009
4:55 PM

Post #7044406

Steven I think you are seeing things. I have looked all over for our slithering foe and he I believe has headed for the mountains. Glad you had a nice chillaxing weekend off, I did as well but did manage to labor quite a bit through the labor day holiday!
Found this out in the outside patio and thought I would bring it in, not sure it it had been in here earlier or not?

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2009
2:11 AM

Post #7046057

Haighr, thats lovely!

SW, that was just a lil worm snake...had one out in the pasture too this morn. I think we all got slitherers on the braaain! Makkking me studderrr! Those silly snakes are very small and would hole up in a planter or pot outside so careful bringing in any planters from outdoors thats been there for a bit.

Anyway, heres a qwuick stick it in a vase for the cafe.. my new sweet potato cuttings.

Fritz has a dinner up... looks yum.. who ordered cottage cheese, a sals steak, polish and a smash with slop?

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2009
2:12 AM

Post #7046065

I also need a volunteer for a lil teeny tiny job. Seems theres a couple parcels at the back door...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2009
11:33 AM

Post #7046872

You potato vine looks mighty fine in that vase, pretty colors in the foliage.
What parcels? I just came in and I didn't see anything, they must really be teeny tiny?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2009
2:49 PM

Post #7047380

Got my volunteer for the parcels, thanks Haighr!! Terris floral supplies are jest starting to roll in...um, the semis at the back door...

Im finished up in the kitchen except for getting that order on the table...now how was dat? The dishes are done and I extruded some seed from the watermelons and catalopes. I also cleaned up all the dried arrangements and extracted the seed heads off those before tossing them.

Im off to the GPS... got some cuttings to finish up and some bump ups.

You might wanna shanghia Fritz, SW and Ms Bruggie!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2009
3:58 PM

Post #7047606

Oh and here ya go BLOOMERS... Im sorry I forgot that order was yern!

Set yer watering can down and take a load off!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 10, 2009
5:11 PM

Post #7047841

How did you know that mashed taters and gravy are my favorite??? Yummy, yummy in my tummy!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 10, 2009
5:25 PM

Post #7047895

BLOOMERS: Well, here ya go haighr... I think BB has lost it.. she knows I cant eat that stuff whif my wooden teef!

So how did the truck unloading go?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2009
7:15 AM

Post #7061934

It's been a while since I have stopped by the old cafe. I have come bearing arrangements -
Terri - are you back from vacation yet? I took a week off last week to host a friend from Nigeria. She is a daughter of a former graduate student who was in our lab almost thirty years ago.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2009
7:25 AM

Post #7061941

Candee - I meant to tell you this after one of your earlier posts - I have never much cared for caladiums, but seeing how you are using them in your arrangements with flowers of matching colors, I am going to have to look into planting one or two. I love those pink/white/green leaves with the zinnias. And I have several zinnias that exact same color.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 14, 2009
7:27 AM

Post #7061942

One more before I head off to bed. Another bloom of Kevin floodlight.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2009
11:46 AM

Post #7062143

And I have that exact dahlia Dianne, I shall post later as I did make a few arrangements yesterday, just didn't get them uploaded to the cafe just yet.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2009
11:25 PM

Post #7064502

Just a little "big" somethin for the cafe.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2009

Post #7064513

And here is a yellow one with passiflora and my obedient blues.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 14, 2009
11:29 PM

Post #7064519

And just for you BB some "pank" for the powder room

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 15, 2009
1:13 AM

Post #7064959

Oh thank you haighr! Those are very lovely
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2009
3:02 AM

Post #7082894

The cafe looks so nice with all these new blooms! I just baked a Pavlova today and it was so good! I'll bring one by the Cafe soon!
Earlier today I went HD and bought an amazing Agave and a Crown of Thorns! I'm going for easy houseplants this year that can withstand my neglect ;)

Very soon I promise to be back at the Cafe bearing baked goods!
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 20, 2009
3:08 AM

Post #7082914

By the way, where is Terri? It's been longer then 3 weeks!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

September 20, 2009
5:34 AM

Post #7083257

what a busy day I had yesterday.
Got to work at 9am, had our AGM so it was all go with attendees having two free drinks after the meeting.
Once I had cleared up form that we had a 90th birthday party from 1.30pm.
I was working by myself until 4pm, it was nice that some of the party guests expressed their appreciation for the job I was doing ...
it was easy to give good service to a friendly crowd & the host is one of our regulars & made sure I got something to eat & insisted I have a couple of drinks on him as well.
We are not supposed to drink on duty but when our bar manager came in he poured me a drink & told me to go wish the host a happy birthday, couldn't refuse that.
The tables had pretty floral arrangements & when I was tidying the tables the Host's wife who was collecting them up told me to keep it as a thank you for my hard work.
Nice lady!
Anyway it was 7pm when I knocked off & I was so tired I could hardly stand.
We don't get breaks unless it is quiet so aside from dashing to the loo when there was a lull in proceedings I was on my feet the entire time.

Thumbnail by dalfyre

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2009
11:42 PM

Post #7085572

So glad you are enjoying the blooms. Terri will be back - just keep her in your thoughts at this time and she will be here to surprise us very soon.
Meantime, let's keep the arrangements fresh in the cafe for her return as she will surely love to see them.
Now that means everyone needs to bring in a fresh new arrangement! ASAP please ^_^

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 20, 2009
11:43 PM

Post #7085579

And just for you Terri here is the back !

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 23, 2009
2:15 PM

Post #7095482

Awfully quiet in here, did somebody close the cafe and not tell me, cause I still have my key and plan to keep coming long as the place is standing.
I haven't seen even the help lately, is everyone off on a end of season vacation?
Oh well, guess I'll just put my feet up here on the hearth and enjoy a cuppa and read the news.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 23, 2009
2:55 PM

Post #7095617

Knock knock...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 24, 2009
12:04 PM

Post #7098861

Come on in there BB and pull up a chair. No need to be chic as we are the only ones in here, just put up your feet and kick back. Let's talk about that long lost bikini ^_^
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2009
2:20 PM

Post #7099242

Well, girl, I lost my bikini back in the late 80's how about you? The 70's were really good though!

But there is hope for all those gals that the men have more of to love! Looking back, I looked like that poor ole scrawny walking stick with a string on it.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 24, 2009
6:28 PM

Post #7099989

Brought some of me house plants to the cafe...

Yano, I was thinking about what you said about MJ...no...I cant see it. I just cant see him adorning my hanging baskets now and not back then. Bad enough the blossoms have wained. And Jeez, heck no...no way can I see sitting on his face on a bikini! That is just waaaay too freaky! That is just so unbecoming. No way is my blooming buttox gonna do that! Not then nor now!

So whatdaya think? Lets take Sinatra for a spin and lets listen to ole blue eyes! Just dont play that silly song Chicago... that definely will bring a tear to my eye...its just toooo well, not my kind of town! LOL!
I think the ole juke box still has some oldies of his in it.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2009
8:43 PM

Post #7107099

Hey BB, nice change here in the cafe, usually just have flowers, nice to have you bring in some plants. I wonder where everyone else has gone?
Steven, Zany, Plantgeek, Dianne, Elle, everyone, hello out there where are youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?
Guess with Terri gone the cafe has lost a lot of business, hope we don't go belly up!
Here is a little something I threw together yesterday with a few new wacky gourds.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 26, 2009
8:44 PM

Post #7107101

Here are the dahlias a bit closer and also used my clematis star.

Thumbnail by haighr

Gwendalou
Langley, WA
(Zone 7b)

September 26, 2009
10:14 PM

Post #7107336

Very pretty! What's the name of that yellow dahlia?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 27, 2009
12:47 AM

Post #7107781

Hey Candee - I am still around -wilting in this heat. Hard to believe that we are officially in fall now with it being about 100 degrees.

I like seeing your dahlia arrangements - I need some idea on what to do with mines. I have about 4 different kinds blooming or soon to bloom. I don't have much experience with large blooms so I am at a loss as to what to do with them. I like the way you have the biggest one on top, but balancing out the smaller dahlias below it with the clematis.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2009
1:45 AM

Post #7107994

Oh Gwen if I only knew the names, lucky to be able to call it a dahlia lol. Thanks and thanks Dianne, I put them in bowls of water if real large, as you may have seen. They do last a while and really make a statement.
I worked outside in the rain for 5 hours today but got a lot done, although looked like a drenched rat when finished. Lots of pulling and yanking and diggin and dead heading getting ready for the fall.
Jennifer our daughter from Santa Barbara came in today and is in Silver spring with her grandmother and we will bring her up here in mid week so lots to do and look forward to.
Zanymuse
Scotia, CA
(Zone 9b)

September 27, 2009
9:02 AM

Post #7108639

Just dropping in to say I'll be back... Between Bob, Mom, Kids, Work, 2 computer crashes, a virus packed laptop, swollen feet and exhaustion, I'm actually staying somewhat calm and teetering on the brink of sanity...as soon as I topple on over the edge I promise I shall return ;~}
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 27, 2009
9:35 PM

Post #7110347

OMG Zany give it a break! You are start in to sound like me all work and no play! Legs and hand ready to fall off lol! Hope to see you soon this winter !
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2009
2:47 AM

Post #7111276

LOL! Well there ya go, they are crawlig out of the woodwork! Ask and you shall receive! So good to see everyone! You guys must have been lurking at the rival!

Hi Gwen, Soils, Zany. Hey soils, just put them in a vase! They will pretty up the place be they by themselves or wilt others for fillers!

Elle is lurking around.. just chatted with her a day or so ago and well Jeez,the geek, hmm she has been among the missing for quite awhile.. must be on some brainstorm for a new book. As for SW...hmmm... we can opnly leave that up to the imagination to where he has trotted off too. Probably out with Ms Bruggie.

Well I had a stroke of bad then good luck.. I was at a nursery and got some begonias. I just had to tease Bigred with them, but anyway the clerk ther forgot to give me my ID card back so when I got home I called the store when I discovered it was missing and when I wwwwent to pick it up they gave me a gift certificate for making their mistake on not returning it. That was generous.. So ok, to pretty up the cafe...I finally got a Rex begonia! I also got some mums and a couple of flats of pansys. The pansys though were the bargain of the day! 2 flats at $2 each! I will have to get those in some windo boxes.

Well here is the Rex!

Hey

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
11:59 AM

Post #7111962

Splendid color in that Rex, I would love to find a flat of pansys for $2, I spent yesterday mulching out front and a few pansy's would look great in there. I spent all day Saturday deadheading and weeding and such and boy was I a drenched rat. It just poured most of the day but I weathered the storm to get some much needed clearing out done!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2009
1:36 PM

Post #7112173

Well, hike on down to the GPS5 later and I will show you the pansy collection. Gads. I walked in the store and saw a sign "6 pak pansy - flat $2.00" and with the price of them every where else I naturally assumed that the 6 pak was $2! The clerk saw me with the 2 six paks I picked out and said, is thaaaat all you want? The flats are $2! I fell to the floor said be right back and gobbled up 2 flats. I would have done more, but I had spent my nickle elsewhere on the mums!
I will have them at the GPS5 this evening if not sooner. I have to run out to go get a lawnmower.

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1029096/#new

Here are some more flowers for the cafe...sorry about the slight blurr...I have not had time for my cuppa!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
2:32 PM

Post #7112334

[quote] slight blur [/quote]
I darn near fell over looking at that lol! They do look quite nice there now that I have put on my super dooper non blur spectacles!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 28, 2009
5:24 PM

Post #7113022

Zany - Hope today is going to be a good day for you and that you get the chance to take a breather and get some calm time for yourself. Having a cup of tea on the front porch is always nice.

Blossom - with all the plants you have already, I can't believe you went out and got more LoL.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
5:48 PM

Post #7113088

I know what you mean Dianne, but BB sure has the grounds for more so guess she'll have at it.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 28, 2009
7:23 PM

Post #7113420

LOL! It looked sooo nice when I took it, but I clicked and moved too fast! I will never get used to the new camera!

Worst thing about it.. the purples turn blue!

Well, here is my mum in the buff!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
11:33 PM

Post #7114297

Pretty mums, I just never had any luck with them. Try some each year and they just never come back.
Here is my black elephant ear in the jug and a couple zinnias.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
11:36 PM

Post #7114305

This is one of the prettiest dahlias in a deep burgundy and with the white and star clematis.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
11:39 PM

Post #7114326

And a new mix of zinnias and a few new gourds and a few siberian iris pods.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
11:42 PM

Post #7114341

A few more dahlias one is a yellowish salmon and I added some grasses and star clematis. Very fallish, think I'll put this one in the foyer.
How are you doing getting the outside door decorated BB?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
11:47 PM

Post #7114357

A bit closer look at the dahlias.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 28, 2009
11:49 PM

Post #7114366

And a bit closer of the gourds

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
1:52 AM

Post #7114870

And you said you were running out of arrangements! HA!

Well, I used to have a huge collection of mums at our old farm. Had about 70 varieties. Had them neatly planted in nice rows and they loved it there, Here, I am too wet. They do not like it wet and they suck up a lot of fertility!

That burgandy and white dalia of yours are gorgeous! Well, they are all gorgeous dear, but of those that has got to be my fav!

I dont do dahlias. Too much work in the fall having to store the tubers! Right now I got all I can handle trying to bring house plants in a few at a time before the big F! (frost!) Gads can you beleive it.. Fall already and and ... oh no way I am not gonna say it about whats around the corner! My hub mentioned the S word today and I was lioke you got to be kidding me!

Speaking of S!... Hows this for fresh as the pure driven...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
2:15 AM

Post #7114955

Closest thing I got to your yellow dahlia is my mum in yellow!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
4:17 AM

Post #7115341

There were two yellow kinds of the mum...sorry about the blurr...man I gotta figure out how to quit that!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
4:29 AM

Post #7115368

mum in lilac

SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2009
4:58 AM

Post #7115427

Hi all, I just got off work at 11:30 and now it's 12:50 am...time to chill for a bit before bed so I thought I'd pop by the Cafe with this Pavlova for Terri's welcome back! I promise it's delicious!

Blossom, I can not believe you got a flat of pansies for 2$!!!! That is unheard of! I think never before in human history has anyone found such an amazing deal on pansies! I'm on my way over to the GPS5 to check them out!

Candee, I love your Dahlias! I used to have a friend that grew a white cactus dahlia in her garden and would love to get one like it.

And here is Pavlova! Fresh and delicious!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2009
11:41 AM

Post #7115717

Perhaps if you would hold still for just a second BB that shake may not be in the camera it is likely you never stopping long enough to do anything ^_^. Those mums are really pretty, I think I favor the yellow the best as it is quite yummy, although speaking of yummy that looks delicious Steven.
I knew if I screamed loud enough Steven would hear me and come over!!! Now what kind of PT job did you get that you have to work into the late night hours??? I can barely do my daytime job let alone staying up half the night working lol!
What exactly is pavlova, another one I have never heard of but it sure looks tasty! I doubt there will be any of it left when Terri gets back in her. We just need to keep the flowers fresh for her.
BB, I am down to just about zinnias and dahlias for cutting. The gourds help set things off and am still scarfing up the dead seed pods from the siberians and whatever else I can find. Oh yeah the star clematis is really blooming but just doesn't last long when cut.
Well better make an attempt to get something done here at work. Catch ya'll later.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
11:52 AM

Post #7115747

Aaaah and hear we thought Fritz had the best of you SW!

Oh and yum on the pavlova too!

I was in udder shock on the pansies too but the local store had a great buy on them as they did on my snapdragons earlier this spring!

Candee, I love zinnias. I wished I'da grown some but cpould not find seed! Usually I will put in a ton of them, all sorts of colors and styles! They stave my dahlia fetis since I dont do those!

So ok, SW, where are all the Spetember pics you took? We have been waiting with baited noses! Im running out of month and bloomers here!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2009
12:21 PM

Post #7115819

I had to start zinnia seed three times this season. Just kept washing away or the birds or somethin. Then finally up they came and made a glorious presentation just when I most needed them. I spent last evening harvesting seed from the deadheads and will have a lot more to come. I think this year I will harvest everyone as last year I lost all of my harvested seed and had to resort to getting seed packs from the store and they aren't cheap.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
12:44 PM

Post #7115873

Good morning
I am new here, BB invited me yesterday morn but I had to work . I have been hanging out at her GPS getting in the way of all the rushing about.
This morning I am having a second cup of tea (you do allow tea here?) because it is still49 deg out.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
1:33 PM

Post #7116025

Looks like everyone out and about this morning
I will leave a potted plant, sorry no fresh vases of cut flowers today.
Still cool and cloudy but things to be done.
Later ^_^

Thumbnail by gardengus

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
1:39 PM

Post #7116042

A gal after my own heart! Tea, certainly! (__)? Cinnamon bread toast anyone?

I have been up early myself. Took care of the critters. Rolled some hoses up to put away. Did a lil housekeeping. Brought some more houseplants in and moved some closer to the house for bringing in later.

Im still having fits on what to do with that vinca! I hate to clip it but.. Jeez, is 6 feet long and I dont think it will work that way in the house since I have no place to hang it. Anyone know how to start cuttings? Met me in the GPS5 and let me know OK!

Yes, it sure is brisk today. I thought maybe last night was the end of the good nights. But YAY, no frost yet.

Candee, you go girl on those Zinnias! One can never have too many of them! I need to do them next season. They go so great with the asters and the golden rod! A rainbow of color!

Someone want to slip a pillow under poor SW's head...he fell asleep in is pavlova! LOL! Fritz must be working him hard!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2009
4:57 PM

Post #7116629

Welcome to the cafe gardengus, you feel free to order up anything you want. Fritz will make anything you want, he has been all over the world and has the ingredients to make even the most intrique of treats.

BB I hope we have some time before frost. I have tons of seeds to gather, all my dahlias are still blooming profusely and all those tubers need pulled, washed, dried and stored. Not to mention all those dang tulip bulbs and more on the way. Where was my head when I ordered them. I musta had some idea where to put them, but have no idea now.

Steven how could you waste that pavlova with your head in it? Is there more?
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

September 29, 2009
7:43 PM

Post #7117098

I love pavlova...
it was invented by a NZ chef for the famous ballerina of the same name.
Or at least that is what NZ reckons - Aussie tries to take the credit for it .
And really it was probably a french creation we adopted & adapted to suit ourselves.
Because you only use the egg whites, sugar & a touch of white vinegar it is a great diet option - unless you layer it with lashings of cream.
The best pavs are crispy on the outside & like marshmallow on the inside.
Made too thin they are just giant meringue.
Traditional in NZ is to top with cream & sliced Kiwi fruit.
We never use Kiwi - they are an endangered bird & would taste icky on a sweet dessert ;)
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 29, 2009
8:10 PM

Post #7117176

Uhhh...I guess I fell asleep...

*wipes pavlova off head*

I guess my pavlova isn't a good diet option then since it's topped with a mound of 35% whipped cream! :P MMMmmmm Mmmm

Candee, I've been working at a wearhouse up the road on afternoon shift. It's been slow though lately so they often send ya home :) Or even better tell you not to come in at all! Those are the best days!

The zinnias in my garden are still going too, making more blooms as well as the dahlias and brugs and cracker jacks! One of Miss Bruggies cousins made a first time bloom! I'll try to get a pic of it.

OH! And I'll take some cinnamon bread toast! I could eat the stuff ALL DAY!
And for after the cinnamon toast I made some cinnamon swirl cake!

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 29, 2009
8:14 PM

Post #7117191

wOW! yOUR THE MAN THERE! YUM!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 29, 2009
11:52 PM

Post #7117900

Oh Steven you really can bake an I smell the wafting cinnamon smell through the whole cafe.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2009
12:20 AM

Post #7118035

haighr said ''feel free to order up anything you want''
I WANT THAT !!
can you pack and ship so it will stay warm ?
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2009
12:22 AM

Post #7118046

Sorry , I guess that is rather rude , and piggy , being new and all
1/2 is OK
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 30, 2009
4:09 AM

Post #7118769

Sadly when I just got in to the Cafe the Cake is all gone but thank you for the compliments and I'm glad you all liked it!!!

let me see if I can find the recipe...

ah! found it! And it's easy too!

Cinnamon Swirl Quick Bread

2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar divided (can be cut down 1 cup )
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine buttermilk, egg and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. In a small bowl combine cinnamon and remaining sugar.

Grease the bottom ONLY of a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan. Pour half of batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of cinnamon/sugar. Carefully spread remaining batter overtop and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon/sugar and swirl with a knife through the batter. Bake at 350F for 45-50 min or until the toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 min before removing from pan.

The recipie also has a glaze if it isn't sweet enough for you :)

Glaze:
1/4 cup confectioner sugar
enough milk to make it runny.

Combine and drizzle on cake.

I didn't use the glaze myself and only used 1 cup of sugar and it was still very good!

I hope you all get a chance to make it and enjoy it as much a we did!

oh! And I finally got some September pics. I used someones elses camera since the battery died on mine and and I wishing the other camera was mine since its SO much better and easier to use!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2009
4:11 AM

Post #7118775

Gardengus - welcome to the cafe and to the cut flower forum. I tend to bounce between the cottage garden, CA garden and this forum.

With all the goings on in this cafe, being piggy is not at all rude. Order up all you want. And feel free to dance on the tables while you wait.
SW_gardener

(Zone 6a)

September 30, 2009
4:11 AM

Post #7118776

Heres a September pic untill I get the others posted on the thread

Thumbnail by SW_gardener

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2009
4:22 AM

Post #7118788

LOL!!

Nice pic SW! Love the trellis

Gus, we get a wee tad goofy here...theres a slight crossing of the border of non reality if you know what I mean. Anything goes...and you will fit right in!

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

September 30, 2009
7:45 AM

Post #7118943

if you ignore reality it eventually gives up & leaves you alone...
I did & now I'm happy I live in a split level head,
in a place where
must be time to see Dr Psyche the cut rate headshrinker,
I'll ride on my little red tricycle, I didn't really steal it from my Grandmother -
it followed me home.
Any takers for the name of the album those snippets come from?
If you own an original copy it is worth good money now...
we used to but sadly Mum left it behind in Aussie.
My father bought it overseas when he was in the Navy as it was banned from sale in NZ.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2009
12:17 PM

Post #7119248

LOL! I know the tune, just cant think of the name... I ride my tricycle I...LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2009
2:43 PM

Post #7119741

Wow, October is almost here! All the pretty colors!

Dalfyre, I think anything on vynil (sp) is probably worth something! Trouble is, how do you play it?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2009
3:03 PM

Post #7119794

I still have a record player BB and it works and I still have some very old albums. I have some 78's of Bugs Bunny and the Lone Ranger you know the ones from the 40-50's with the story books. Boy are they heirlooms, you should hear the one with Trigger whinnying each time you are to turn the page!
gardengus, we are all a bit piggish when it comes to the cafe, first come first gets. That is the beauty of this cyber cafe, there is always more where that came from.
Thanks for the recipe Steven, sounds simple enough for even a blonde (that would be me)!
Dianne, I was told by Terri not to dance on the tables anymore cause my heels scuffed up one of her favorite Louis XIX antique tables that used to be in the corner. Psst, since she isn't here I will tell you that I still do, but in my stocking feet ^_^. Now don't go tellin on me BB!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

September 30, 2009
4:24 PM

Post #7119998

hehehe! yer secret is safe with me! Do you still wear the bobby sox with the little pom poms? Seems we been skating on the same table! LOL! uno tell, I no tell! LOL!

I have a record player too! Dont have much to put on it.. got one of some Bluegrass called "Will the Circle Go Unbroken". Another of some bird calls. thats about it.

Well, my pinklemonade is just about empty and I have to get back to work.

I will take the garbage out and bring the little table in so I can get more houseplants indoors. First I have to run these hangers over to the GPS. Got some baskets missing them.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

September 30, 2009
6:13 PM

Post #7120393

Our daughter is in from CA, just arrived in town today and is at home with Steve so I won't likely be on this evening nor for the next few, but will surely catch up while I am here at work in the daytime.
Jennifer and Ben in CA are both deaf, Jen can hear a bit with hearing aids in both ears but Ben is completely in need of ASL. Ben isn't with her this trip, still trying to find interesting things to do around here. She spent the last few days with her grandmom in DC so now to the mountains for a spell! See you here tomorrow.
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

September 30, 2009
7:58 PM

Post #7120734

They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha - Ha...
those nice young men in their clean white coats...
to the happy home with trees & flowers & chirping birds
and basket weavers who sit & twiddle their thumbs & toes ...

my brother & I loved that album - when my hubby heard it he commented that knowing I grew up with it explained a lot.
Not sure what he was trying to say there...
The album was re- released on vinyl by Rhino records & then again on CD - but the CD has some extra tracks that I didn't think so much of.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

September 30, 2009
10:16 PM

Post #7121236

Candee - have fun with your daughter from CA (is that California or Canada? LoL)

dalfyre - I remember that song!! Did not catch most of the lyrics - just the most repeated first line you got there. I, too, have a functional turn table, along with some albums. what was the name of that album and the group? Most of my albums are from the 60's.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2009
3:57 AM

Post #7122366

evening,
I had a panic attack earlier today when the weather man said wide spread frost tonight, well I think he lied , but just in case drug things into the garage and covered some precious things.

soilsandup , I remember your beautiful anenomes from the cottage garden forum.I hang out there too. I think that is where I was when BB linked me over here.

dalfyre, I know that song , still sing it in my head a lot, my DH grew up on Dr.Demento & music from Chicago.

SW, thanks for the recipe ,I will be making some tomorrow.
Thanks all for the warm welcome
It's late for me I take it the 24 means 24 hours well I need my 8 or I get cranky
so good night all

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 1, 2009
8:13 AM

Post #7122608

It was Napoleon XVII that released the album.
Most people of a certain age have heard the single They're Coming to Take Me Away Ha-Haa'
not many have heard the entire album with classic hits like "Marching Off To Bedlam", "I'm In Love With My Little Red Tricycle" , "Let's Cuddle Up In My Security Blanket",
and of course one of my all time favourites "The Nuts In My Family Tree"
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2009
12:57 PM

Post #7122985

LOL!!
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2009
5:06 PM

Post #7123685

Just popped in for a hot cup of soup on this chilly day.
Dodged the Frost bullet , the counties just north and east of us got frost.
I went out first thing this AM and checked the cosmos, a good barometer, still looking good.

dalfyre, Nice blooms on your October thread, What zone would you be in, or is that not applicable to your part of the world.
It will be so much fun to watch spring all over again.

Thumbnail by gardengus

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2009
7:16 PM

Post #7124028

Well we are getting rain. So I went shopping. Dint get any plants tho.

Got groceries for the cafe. Feed for the animals and cleaning stuff for whomever is in to housework...Im pooped!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2009
7:41 PM

Post #7124087

Gus, your cosmos is very lovely!!

Well let me be the first to say Happy Hallowismasyear in the US of A we start running holidays together.. Stores have Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and by the time the real day comes you are soo tired of it all you are glad to see New years! Halloween actually began a month ago according to the retailers...oh, and if I go to Indiana I can still get fireworks for the 4th of July! Course in Indy, that seems to be a year round sales item for some reason.

With dalfyre bringing up spring.. hmmmm like the song says.. "does anyone really know what time it tis?"

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 1, 2009
7:50 PM

Post #7124115

MAIL CALL!

YER ALL INVITED!!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1036424/

BYORTSAAA!!

NO RSVP required. NOW GO!

(But ya'll come back here to now ya hear!) (_)?
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 2, 2009
7:55 AM

Post #7126007

gardengus - I don't quite know how to figure out what zone equivalent I am in...
Winter temperatures range from - 4C, as cold as a -7 frost once in a while up to 10C on a nice day...
sometimes more, not unheard of to have 20C one day & 4C the next.
Summer can be up to 32C but more likely mid to upper 20's.
We seldom get snow but once in a while a light fall will occur, every so often we get enough to settle & everything screeches to a halt.
we didn't get any snow this last winter but this is a link to a year when we did get
'lots' of snow
http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i294/dalfyre/Dalmatians/?action=view¤t=Snowdals2005.flv

it lasted a day or so before the rain washed it all away
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 2, 2009
11:42 AM

Post #7126193

California Dianne, we had a nice visit she flys back home today.
This is the weekend I will spend taking in our tropicals and likely planting tulip bulbs.
Cute jacko there BB, did you do it? Do you think it will be safe out there on the porch of the cafe?
Oh no snow, don't even mention that dalfyre, it is surely coming our way soon enough!
Nice garden gus! You are so right, just when we are winding down we can spring vicariously through dalfyre, just in the nick of time too.

This message was edited Oct 2, 2009 7:45 AM
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2009
7:10 PM

Post #7127626

Oh Jacko is safe, but I am not too sure his friends are. Fritz was out there yeilding a butcher knife and I am afraid some of Jackos friends may have had their guts spilled. Fritz was muttering something under his breath something about I'll get you for this Great Pumpkin, yer gonna get canned! His words not mine...

Sounds to me seriously like someone in the kitchen was gonna get fired...

Old Fritz seems to have gone off the deep end between locking SW up for days in the closet and now it has come to this...he has resorted to also torture with tin pans, heat and oooooh thaaaaat smell! Beware, he has locked others in the closet too and not to mention the ovens...

(...whatever you do, just dont mention the P word infront of the others...)

I will never call Fritz a panzy again.. sheesh! Guy cant take a joke!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2009
7:20 PM

Post #7127645

Ooooh careful Candee... Jacko is getting fired up and mad!

Look out, swoooooosh their goes that butcher knife...

My word, look at the mess! It looks horrible...theres guts everywhere...

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 2, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #7127675

Oooooooh FRITZ...HOW COULD YOU?????

The scene here is like something that happens at the rival...OMG!

Oh the humaaanity!

Gimme that blindfold...

Ooooooh Fritz!

Oh Fritz! That was yum... um, what was that????

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 4, 2009
2:02 AM

Post #7132142

Well haighr, dont go in the kitchen for a bit...um Fritz is sprucing it up a bit.

Now about that Louis table... I put a table cloth on it and some flowers... hopefully terri will never suspect what we been up to in our spare time...hows it look... truthfully I think it needs something more...

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 4, 2009
3:51 AM

Post #7132453

that looks good, my Granny would have had a fit about the boots on the table though.
Footwear or feet on a table was a massive sin in her eyes.
I don't know if that was her Scottish heritage or something she picked up from Maori culture.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 4, 2009
9:15 PM

Post #7134546

Well it appears that there has been a lock of havoc while I was away. Fritz will be fine BB just simmer down he gets a bit territorial and I think he had a really bad experience in a pumpkin patch a while back, he still doesn't want to discuss it.
I agree with the old fashioned boots on the table. I'll let it go this time cause they look so good, but next time you better show me that you have cleaned the bottoms!
Here's a little more of those crazy gourds and salmon dahlia. Hope Terri comes back in her soon as she will be falling over all the flowers when she first hits the door and we can't leave all of these sitting around for much longer, it is a jungle in here.

Thumbnail by haighr

gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2009
1:15 PM

Post #7136616

Came in for a cup of tea , I am stuck inside waiting on a call from the farrier.
So I am making lists of things still to do before the impending frost.
Accomplished a lot this weekend but am still far behind.
I cut herbs to dry , collected seeds, potted up things for the garage, and got half the house plants inside.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2009
3:49 PM

Post #7137229

Busy bee there gus. I planted about 50 of the 150 tulip bulbs I got, still waiting for the zinnias to finish and will plant the rest in their spot. Didn't bring anything in as they are still saying we will be in the high 40's all week and 70 during the day. Hope I don't get caught short!
Need to drain our fountain and start covering things as well that are on the island.
Still have more seeds drying and need to be harvested and all the dahlia tubers to be pulled and cleaned but they are still blooming strong.
Enjoy your cuppa and relax while you can.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2009
4:34 PM

Post #7137393

The first half is always the easiest , the second half are the larger pots and space becomes a problem.
They usually end up in the garage the evening before the frost and I slowly find space over the next two weeks

Thumbnail by gardengus

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2009
4:54 PM

Post #7137463

I know what you mean. We have a huge upstairs that is seldom used but it doesn't get much heat so can't really utilize that space for the plants as I just can't justify paying for heating of that area if I don't have to. That means they come in the bedroom at the window and door end and it can get quite jungleish! I have the vigna, pineapples, passiflora, caladiums, palm, cane yucca and they are all rather large plants.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 5, 2009
5:26 PM

Post #7137597

I love that plant stand there gus!

Im still bringing stuff in too. Yesterday and today though we were clearing the outdoor jungle... trimming trees, mowing, tilling,

Had a beautiful full moon, heavy dew, but no frost yet YAY!

And today is nice and warm.

Bottoms cleaned... I thought of that before using them for pot holders... Your pair is still in the laundry however...
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 5, 2009
6:10 PM

Post #7137725

Glad the boots are spic and span lol! Nice and warm here as well but stuck inside at work all day and by the time I get home well you get it!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 5, 2009
7:39 PM

Post #7138022

I don't bring any plants in... I might cover them or move the pots against the house on the terrace where they are somewhat frost protected.
Otherwise they all have to do their best to cope.
I am a tough love kind of gardener, only the strong survive here...
although I can see my new clematis being an exception to that rule ^_^

Thumbnail by dalfyre

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #7139073

Another full moon...lovely fall weather

Neat clematis!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 6, 2009
2:04 PM

Post #7140682

I bring mine in because I have so many tropicals that just cannot tolerate temps below zero.
I do get a lot of sunshine in the middle room upstairs and the temp stays 45-50 so perhaps I will put a few of the larger things up there, I know the pineapples will be dormant and 50 degrees is fine for them and believe the passiflora may do fine up there as well. Hope so as I don't have much space.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 6, 2009
5:21 PM

Post #7141344

I don't bring any plants in also because I don't have the room. The garage is packed, so there are only the two porches. I did try to baby a plumeria for years; it never did bloom, and one day, I neglected to move in onto the porch before the first frost, and it died. I would love to try again. I have Christmas lights on my Meyers lemon tree and that has worked fine for the last four years. I plant a few tropicals every now and then, and like you, Dalfyre, some of the tough ones do survive a few winters.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2009
7:34 PM

Post #7141781

Still bringing in some more coleus...its raining today.. rain means no frost! YAY!
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 6, 2009
8:37 PM

Post #7141975

Cool very breezy and a misty rain here too.
Packing up seeds , with hot cocoa , some days just call for chocolate.

Thumbnail by gardengus

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 7, 2009
12:36 AM

Post #7142717

Oh Dianne you reminded me I had a plumeria for 5 years and last year it got a disease and started to rot in the middle up and down the stalk. It had grown from 1 foot to 6 feet and had nice foliage, but never did flower and then it had to be garbaged.
Nice workspace gus.
BB brought in the coleus and jasmine and cane yucca and a few others. Moe to go tomorrow as I think that rain is coming our way, thanks fo rthe heads up on the drizzle.
Tasha, Mike, Mac and Abygail coming this weekend, hoping to go to the cabin, so you all hold down the fort for me whilst gone!
Will check in tomorrow!
Oh gus, btw, having a glass of wine here, kinda like hot cocoa but a lot sweeter.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2009
3:23 AM

Post #7143295

Candee, I found your ballet slippers...holy crow! I never realized how petite yer feets were! They are on the Louis with mine.

Brought the last of my spiders in... lools like my frost day is Friday or Saturday of this week. EEKS!

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 7, 2009
6:31 AM

Post #7143608

mmm - hot chocolate, now that is a great idea.
We had a sunny but cold day here & now the sun has gone down it is really cold inside.
I think I need hot chocolate on the inside & a warm jumper on the outside
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2009
12:07 PM

Post #7143863

Update on the frost report.. its coming, looks like it will hit us Friday nite or Saturday! Run, get all the pots in if you are Midstate! Hear that Gus! Cover yer valuables! The sky is gonna fall!

Ok, panic attack over... wheres the hot chocalate!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 7, 2009
3:06 PM

Post #7144334

Now, now, calm down, no need to panic yourself and everyone else. We all knew this was coming. Not like we haven't done this before! Just chill there BB, have a sip, I put a shot of brandy in yours to help take the edge off!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 7, 2009

Post #7144560

Oh oh, I cant do brandy haighr, just a lemonade if you will and my Sweet Dog order please. Man I worked my dogs of this morning hauling stuff from the viranda and back.. I am pooooped! And there is more to do!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 8, 2009
1:05 PM

Post #7147534

They look mighty good BB. I know how hard you are working, I have seen the proof! You reallly have your hands full so best you take a break, sit a spell and have a nice meal.
I put the brandy back in the liquor cabinet but not before I put a drop in your honey LOL!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2009
6:49 PM

Post #7148530

Very sneaky girlfriend, very sneaky!

Well, I am gonna have to take a nap. This rain has put the kybasssssh on my playing outside and I am now also tired of housework...

When I awake I hope whats left in the sink has disappeared.

Boy the cafe sure has been empty! So there is not much there..

Hope business picks up around here. Terri, SW, Elle, Geek, boy they all have gone into hiding.

dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 8, 2009
7:21 PM

Post #7148630

it is supposedly spring here but right now we have several roads closed due to snow...
none right in town where i am living in suburban serenity.
But at higher altitudes they have been copping a real blast of cold white stuff.
We are just under water with cold wet stuff aka rain.
My garden is so confused, one day warm next day cold, it's a wonder anything flowers at all.
ah the joys of spring ^_^
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2009
7:51 PM

Post #7148707

Sounds like winter to me...brrrr...Break out the heavy blankets...ugh!
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 8, 2009
10:09 PM

Post #7149111

I made it out this AM for a few hours before the rain hit .
Dug and packed a whole box of dahlia and took cuttings of perellia.
Now there is a turkey in the oven
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
12:23 AM

Post #7149513

hooooh wakey wake!!

Hiya gus!

How are you doing your perellias? What is that any how? Is that that purple leafed thing?

I need to get out to the GPS tomorrow.. the rain has kept me inside doing housework
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
1:08 AM

Post #7149620

New path to the GPS 6!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1046430/

gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
1:32 AM

Post #7149705

this is the perellia I took cuttings from, it looks a lot like a coleus and can be rooted the same ,but it is a little harder for some reason so I make more starts.

Thumbnail by gardengus

gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
1:54 AM

Post #7149755

This is also a perellia also but it reseeds like a weed so I don't even try to keep it.

Thumbnail by gardengus

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
2:04 AM

Post #7149789

I like the first one gus!

The second one in nice to and was the one I was thinking of... it has more of a saw tooth on the leaves.

Im hoping my begonia cuttings in the GPS will root fast so I can bring them in before they frost...I may have to bring them in at night and run them back out during the day starting tomorrow nite with the frost predicted... dontcha just love all the rushing and putting stuff around this time of year.. makes me feel like a pack mule!! LOL!

Must clean "junk" off plant stand to make room for more...zzzzz!

HeeyaaAAW
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
3:19 AM

Post #7150046

Just looked at the weather radar looks like an all day rain again tomorrow.
I put the goats in the barn just before dark they have more space inside, their outside pen just has a covered doghouse.

Thumbnail by gardengus

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
3:41 AM

Post #7150098

Awww, that reminds me, I need to board up the chicken house one day before winter...do you also have chickens?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
3:57 AM

Post #7150133

If you are into chickens, you can join me here!

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1046430/

I used to have goats...we got rid of them.. The horses could not stand the smell of the billies and neither could I. They did not seem to mind the sheep though. I dont have anymore sheep now. I quit them when a neighboring farm brought in a parasite and I had trouble with that.

This is our oldest mare, she is almost 30.

Well, dont know about you, but I need to call it a nite! Inspite of the predicted rain, I work rain sleet or shine, end my days late and start my days early!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 9, 2009
11:38 AM

Post #7150555

Nice critters you all got there. We don't have any domestic pets, just stray cats, deer, fox, turkey and an occasional bear!
gus, I got a kinda fuzzy coleus like that second pic you posted. It gets little tiny begonia like flowers on it.
Glad some of us are sticking around here and holding down this fort in everyone else's absence. Not sure how we might continue to generate revenue to pay Fritz if business doesn't start to boom soon!
Perhaps I better ask him if he is willing to take a couple furlough days and we can help ourselves in the interim?

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
12:42 PM

Post #7150699

Fritz is still cleaning up after the um (sssshhhhh) great pumpkin masacure!

I have been running around doing laundry, moving stuff in his place.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 9, 2009
6:01 PM

Post #7151878

Still cold and wet
Drink of the day;; Chai tea with milk and honey.

No chickens here DH had to clean coops as a kid and said no. I do get fresh eggs from a neighbor when they have enough to sell.

Desperately fighting the urge for a nap and the cats are all enablers.

Thumbnail by gardengus

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2009
12:37 AM

Post #7153068

LOL! Talk about a cat.. this one here is a fat cat! Man, we had the smorgusboard of a lifetime today! OoooOooh.. ME-ow! Belly plum on over fill! Fish, shrimp, chicken pork, salad bar, holy cow they had a desert bar too.. but I had to pass on that...

Got some shelves filled on the plant stand... now I need to figure out what to do with all those plant labels I have been ho-rading all these decades! Have some more plants to bring in and they have to go someplace...

Its still raining, so no frost tonite... thank goodness on that.. I cant lift another plant and the peppers are still on the back porch!

Top shelf is all the coleus. 2nd is snaps, allysum, chocolate mint, impatiens..#3 is plant labels for now..

Nappy time, here we come! See ya's tomorrow!

gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2009

Post #7153135

Why do you bring the chocolate mint inside?
It is hardy here. My favorite for tea.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2009
1:14 PM

Post #7154248

Its in a basket! Besides the aromea too!

Oh boohoo boohooo BOOHOOOO! the dreaded Frost came this morning and it caught me with my peppers on the porch.

I spent the morning hosing them to try to save them, but they may be gone... DRAT!

I just could not lift another pot yesterday and well sniff, sob and boohoo...
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2009
3:26 PM

Post #7154630

It was cold this AM when I went out but I don;t think we had frost , did not see any damage ,
I will take this as a Warning and get things done today, no more putting off.
Later
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2009
7:48 PM

Post #7155325

Well we had a very hard freeze. Ice on the porch and then the frost was very heavy, but we may have saved the peppers... fortuneately as early as we get up, we hosed off the frost on the annuals and well, looks like this afternnon, they are hurt only a little. If we did not hose them, it would have been a killing frost.

They say if you can get the plants wet before the sun hits them, keep them hosed for a bit, usually that will save them.

The stuff in the GPS did not freeze so I got lucky, but the annuals I was not able to hose are kaputz!

The peppers are coming in tonite.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 10, 2009
9:00 PM

Post #7155508

Just brought in a dozen or so houseplants ,and opened the garage for the bigger ones.
I have a lot of small perennials too small to go into the ground, I am thinking of trying to over winter them in the garage, in a dormant condition?
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 11, 2009
12:17 AM

Post #7156042

we had a light frost this morning...
didn't seem to affect the flower gardens & I only noticed it on the lawn because I was out early cleaning up after the dogs.
the sun is shining, birds are singing & I managed to spray my roses before I went to dog training.
^_^
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2009
12:20 AM

Post #7156051

Hiya gus, how small is too small?

We just brought the peppers in. No way would they stand even a light frost now after that nasty one this morning. Amazing though, we did save them..
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2009
12:44 AM

Post #7156130

Well they are seedlings, rescued ,the coral bells and hardy geraniums are about 3'' and have 5/6 leaves. there are also some dianthus a bit larger but not much roots.

I worked hard right untill it was too dark,but I think I got all the important things inside, somewhere.
Plants on the kitchen counter ,awaiting some cleanup and a more permanent place.

Thumbnail by gardengus

gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2009
12:46 AM

Post #7156141

The radio said 29 deg tonight
I covered the Chinese cabbages.
This is my first year for this plant.

Thumbnail by gardengus

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2009
2:34 AM

Post #7156613

Well I just was out in the GPS it was 37...I brought in my begonia cuttings and the coleus cuttings..they are on ,y kitchen counter now. I sooo want those begonias to survive. Especially my Reigers. I dont think they could handle another nite like last!

That cabbage looks great!

Boy, I dont know how your seedlings will do.

I covered some of my bulbs... I am thinking I should bring them indoors... they are not of this zone and came up so late...they probably dont have a chance.
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 11, 2009
3:06 AM

Post #7156705

Kudos to all of you who have to bring all those tender plants indoors. I don't have the kind of energy you do. I cleaned up a small bit of my yard and planted two new peonies and some asiatic and LA lilies. I was tired just doing that small task. Here is the before shot

Thumbnail by soilsandup

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 11, 2009
3:12 AM

Post #7156720

I dug up all the purple Japanese anemone that has spread, leaving a few in the rear for next year, repositioned some white flag iris to the side so that I have room in front for the two peonies. All that was left is the tree peony, alstromeria, a small clump of gladiolus and I inter-planted with some of the asiatic and LA lilies. Tossed in a few freesias and keep my fingers crossed that all will come up next spring.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 11, 2009
1:50 PM

Post #7157358

Well soils! Long time no see! Sounds like you were busy enough. I hit the point, let it frost. Game on! I am done with worrying about what I want to save as I got plenty now in the house!

Seems everyone is busy, lots of the gaaang here been scarce so glad to hear from you!

I need to get outside do chores, then water houseplants!
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 11, 2009
6:32 PM

Post #7158131

Hi Blossom - when you get done with your chores, come and join me for a refreshing glass of lemonade. I still have some ripe lemons left on the tree. And for all of you who are adventurous and want to try something slightly different, here are some chocolate lavender cookies to go with the lemonade. It really does taste like lavender.

I thought I had posted this yesterday, but it must have gotten lost in cyberspace.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2009 6:14 PM

Thumbnail by soilsandup

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2009
12:45 AM

Post #7159312

Well, thanky there soils! That was mighty nice.

Dont mind if I do take a break now and set a spell!

So hows your day going?
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 12, 2009
1:19 AM

Post #7159411

Thanks for asking Blossom - It's actually been pretty productive - did house cleaning today. Washed the upstairs windows and oiled the wooden sills while my daughter dusted. The downstairs will have to wait. (along with a zillion other housecleaning chores - which always takes the back seat to gardening) It takes me twice as long to do anything because I am moving half as fast.

Hope you all had a good weekend too. Rain is predicted here tomorrow night.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2009
2:22 AM

Post #7159656

Our weekend went pretty good, other than as usual being waaaay too short.

Ick, dont mention the housework list...windows are not my forta (sp)! I am an outdoor person and doing stuff inside is rather loathesome! I guess for me, thats why nature has designed winter..Winter is that time to catchup on indoor things.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2009
3:54 PM

Post #7161245

Been doing some dreaded housecleaning.. somehow my office got to be a real dust pile. Happens every year...! LOL! Break out the bulldozer.. I probably got enough dust bunnies in there to make a heaping good pile of compost! OY! I hate house work and cant ever keep up with that or the gardens.

Well break me out another lemonade and a few more of delicious cookies!

Soz whats up by you all?
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 12, 2009
4:10 PM

Post #7161302

Just in from the barn, a nice big cozy barn even in the rain. sometimes I think I could just live out there. Time for lunch... then dreaded house work, Laundry and floors today.
Also getting houseplants out of the kitchen in place for winter.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2009
1:51 AM

Post #7163237

Well, it did drizzle off and on today. Was very chilly and not too fun for being out of doors. I decided to move the petunias intothe GH. Figured had the room what the heck!

Started logging m stuff to my 2010 planting calender...Been trying to find links to the plants on Daves here to so if there is any lively conversation.. well we can go see what everyones yaking about! Its there on the GPS6.

I did get a few moments with the horses. The old mare is feeling really spunky and if I get a day of sunshine I am liable to get out and take her for a short ride.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 13, 2009
5:07 PM

Post #7165021

Well with all the goings on in here you folks are making me weary. Better just sit a spell, Dianne got any more of that lemonade?
Glad you saved your peppers BB, you work way to hard to lose anything.
I got all of mine in, had some help from Tasha on Saturday so saved my back a bit.
Gus looks like you still have a lot of moving ahead of you.
when the kids left yesterday I moved a few more of the big pots upstairs in the middle room, think they will be fine up there.
Looks like my caladiums have already had it, not sure any will survive this winter either, oh well, lest I tried.
See ya'll later, back to work.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2009
5:32 PM

Post #7165092

Hi haighr! Oh, arent those caladiums just going dormant? Cant you store them and reserect them later?

I will have a spot of that lemonade too and I think I will order me up another Honey Dog for lunch.

Been busy moving plants as usual. All the petunias and marigolds are in the GPS and I logged some more calender dates for sowing for 2010 at the GPS6 with links to individual plant chats!

I need to take a load off for a bit and just set a spell.

So any news before I head back to work?

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 13, 2009
5:41 PM

Post #7165127

Hi All - lots more lemonade to go around. But, I think today is more of a hot chocolate day. We got our first big storm of the season now - with gusts of wind up to 45 mph. The swimming pool is filling up with rain water and debris blown in from who knows where LoL. My fuyu persimmon tree is overloaded with almost ripe fruit - I am afraid that that is being beaten to death. I have some of the heavy laden branches propped up with some planks, but some of those props are most likely blown down. I hope I don't lose too many branches.

But, I think this is small potatoes for the rest of you who have been drenched with rain for awhile now, and will be getting snow storms soon.

Here are some white thornless roses to brighten up the place. The roses tend to have a pinkish hue this time of the year.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 13, 2009
6:15 PM

Post #7165226

Hi Soils, those roses are lovely!

I had 80 in the GPS this afternoon so that was nice. Still sunny too. But a wee bit breezy.

I just am sooo hoping for a nice Indian Summer to carry uus through to Thanksgiving at least if not longer!

Haighr, I am just guessing on those caladiums.. I have never grown them so I would need to do some research on those. They are so lovely and have so many different colors.

Hows the kitchen clearing our for you gus? I finally got all my pumpkins up and am as Halloweenish as its getting in here!
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2009
1:15 AM

Post #7166505

Evening all
Twas a great day to work so I put several hours into a couple places.
This evening I picked a bushel of pears. There is a lovely tree just down the road that no one ever picked ,so a couple years ago I asked and now I feel responsible to not let them go to waste.
My kitchen counter is almost clear, just some rooting jars and a few cut flowers. I had to bring in the long bench so all would have a space. Now the window near my computer is all jungled up.
Drink of the day Hot Spiced Cider
It is that time of the year.
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2009
1:17 AM

Post #7166507

BB do you decorate inside and out for fall?
Pumpkins and all?
gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2009
1:33 AM

Post #7166548

I just hate to see food go to waste. This is a beautiful crab apple tree just loaded with fruit. I know people make crab apple jelly ,but can't find anyone who wants to take the time anymore.

Thumbnail by gardengus

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2009
3:20 AM

Post #7166842

Hiya gus, well, I do a little inside and out.. but this year not much going on the outside. Could not raise any or get any corn shucks so all that is on the porce is a wreath with a scarecrow in it! I have a pile of minicorn to make for bunches, but beleive it or not, they are 10 years old and from our old farm! I cant raise corn on this dirt to save my soul!

I will have to take a pic of the pumkin shelve in the kitchen for you! Will do that tomorrow. That yummy cider is making me sleeeepy!

Hmm crab apples... LOL! I rememeber trying to eat those sour things as a kid! Must be an acquired taste?

Everyone have a good nite!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2009
11:51 AM

Post #7167360

What do you do with all your pears gus? We have a pear tree at the cabin but the fruit from ours is long over, it fruits in the early summer?
I'll keep the caladiums and see if they revive in the spring, I must admit I didn't give them a chance last year, just pitched them as I am so short of space. Perhaps I'll take the pots upstairs and let them be until spring.
Beautiful roses Dianne thanks for bringing them in.
I don't decorate in or out, well except for my fall arrangements until the flowers peter out and I do have those wacky gourds around stuff and one little pumpkin that Abygail painted sits outside. We will likely be up at the cabin for Halloween and it is so remote no trick or treat up there.
Supposed to get quite cold today and for the next several, glad I got everything in. Still need to drain and cover the fountain and got all those bulbs to plant when the zinnias finish and of course the dahlia tubers to pull and bag until next season. We are going to the cabin this weekend for the first time in a month and so everything here at home will just have to wait. Then the next week Tim, Amy, Eva and Colton are coming for a weeklong visit as it is muzzleloader season and let the hunting begin.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2009
5:32 PM

Post #7168493

Soz, whats on the menu?
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2009
5:44 PM

Post #7168543

Something with pears and pumpkins I am thinking.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2009
5:49 PM

Post #7168562

Heres a fall feast for you BB, help yourself on a rainy day!

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2009
5:51 PM

Post #7168571

Perhaps Steven is making us one of these pumpkin pear cakes???

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2009

Post #7168607

OMG! Too die for... reserrect me for supper ok! Burrrrp!

Well, yano I finally cleaned up the mess in the kitchen...well sort of... the counter is a wreck from Fritzt and his friends sittingon it.. but ...but anyway lets not go there. I can imagine what mess yer gonna make after deer season! LOL!

Has anyone seen my pointed black hat?

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 14, 2009
7:01 PM

Post #7168803

Ok, been considering yer dilema with the caladuims... found this link under the bulb forum.. theres a few more links there, but thought this would help you...

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1016779/

I got issues on what to do with my red spider lilies.. they just sprouted a couple weeks ago. They are not of my zone...here they are sitting on my bench and I dont know what I should do with them. I was a thinking.. if I brought them in the house, maybe I would get them to bloom considerign they go bonkers in TX. If I leave them out.. I think they will die because of the getting cold thing going on here.

So, ok, guess I bring them in? Oh Lordy.. where on earth are they gonna go?

Kinda puny looking though arent they? I know nuthn about them other than they are pretty!

So, hows yer spagetti.. you said you wanted maters and punkins for lunch? LOL!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 14, 2009
7:48 PM

Post #7168924

I have been meaning to grow some red spider lilies for the longest time. Eying yours right now LoL. Too bad you are so far away.

Nice decorations, by the way.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 14, 2009
11:05 PM

Post #7169588

Nicely done in the cafe BB, looks real trick or treaty!
I posted on the thread of caladiums, thanks for helping me BB, you are so busy and yet take the time to fix my dilemnas, you are super.
I have every confidence you will find a spot for those lilies!!!
Here's a little something for the table in the back.

Thumbnail by haighr

gardengus
Flora, IN
(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2009
12:30 AM

Post #7169884

Beautiful table piece there ^_^
As for the pears I eat as many as I can , give away as many as I can , and sneak them into all kinds of stuff. Pears in apple cobbler ,pear/ apple cake, If I have time I will try to make some pearbutter, Just enough to eat I am not into canning. pears last a lot longer than apples before they get mushy. The old pears get fed to the goats.
Been in town all day so I didn't get my picture taken ..oh well they aren't going any where.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2009
2:39 AM

Post #7170426

No problema on your dilema on the caladiums. I just happen to run across the post there and thought of you...

Now I am still wondering what to do with thos spider lilies.. and then the hub tells me we got snow in the forecast... they are sitting in the gps as I sit here thinking oh now what. I guess I best go fetch them in at this hour or possibly lose them to dormancy. Kitchen counter here they come.. MOVE OVER FRITZ and friends! LOL!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2009
1:18 PM

Post #7171490

Thanks BB, they told me on the caladium thread just to leave them in the pots, put them upstairs where it is cooler and leave them alone until next season! Yipee, you just save me some shelf space so wanna bring your lilies over?
Gus, that all sounds yummy, never had pearbutter, bet it is sweeter than sweet, I know I love applebutter!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2009
4:02 PM

Post #7171956

Super haighr! Now that makes me not so not wanting to try them.. leaving them in pots! YAY! Maybe that will be a newbie for me next year. Im marking the calened to hunt for them!

I like pears.. pears and cottage cheese.. other than that.. hmmm. I am deprived in trying anything like what you got going there gus!

Well, gotta go get some tin pans to put those lilies in and clear off a shelf on my plant stand for them. Bigred told me that they will probably stay "grassy" looking for a while. So will find out what goes with them indoors.. its a first!

I han YAY!! DONE with hauling annuals around they are all now moved into the house or the GPS. YAY YAY YA!

Now as for the perennials I did not get in the ground.. oh grrroan! Theres about 250 of them in pots here and there and I had a major implement breakdown yesterday...ugh! Guess I need to cull junk tools too.

Sorry to eat and run, but the hub says snow is on its way... warnings for midnorthern states including IL, WI, IN, OH...Toledo got it already and it feels like it could.

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 15, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #7172381

Our son is out in MN on business and said it was very cooooooooolllld and a bit snowy when he got there. He lives in Ohio and gets the lake effect so he knows his snows!
I feel we are all in for a longer winter this year, ours last was quite mild compared to some so guess we are long overdue and by the feel of things outside our chance for that Indian summer seem quite slim to none?
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 15, 2009
6:35 PM

Post #7172427

Could be since we hardly even had a real summer.. just long mild days, none overly hot...

Pass the hot chocolate will ya..
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 16, 2009
2:22 PM

Post #7175283

Had some hot tea myself last evening. It is still raining and cold here and will continue all weekend. We aren't going to the cabin tonight, but really want to go tomorrow rain or not cause think it may be the last weekend of the fall foliage up there. Didn't make it up when prime last weekend due to the kids being here and we decided to stay home and now the rain and next weekend more kids coming and just Tim and Steve will go to the cabin for muzzle loader hunting so I won't get up there and then it really will be too late after that!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 16, 2009
2:30 PM

Post #7175304

Well I just got some news.. now hush everyone.. Yardqueen is a new gramma... hows about a lil baby flower shower here eh?

Shhhh shhhh! It will be a surprize!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2009
12:25 AM

Post #7177349

Oh no problem with the surprise here BB???

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2009
12:29 AM

Post #7177366

Now heads up everyone!!!
Attention, Yardqueen is having a new grandbaby and Terri is returning very very soon, so let's get our heads together and get this place spruced up for then and now well nuf said lets get snappn!!! New arrangements (cyber or not) and banners and balloons and baby photos and lets bring on everything we got for this occasion!!!! Get outta bed and outta the garden and get your head caps on and lets get this party started cause YQ and Terri both need a real big Welcome Home and Congrats and whatever else our sorry soles can provide!!!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 17, 2009
1:03 AM

Post #7177544

Welcome back Terri, know you shall be here soon our friend!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 17, 2009
4:20 PM

Post #7179386

Pssst... is she here yet? Quick, everyone take your places! Both for her and Yardqueen...
soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 17, 2009
5:25 PM

Post #7179534

I'm in for the celebrations - but I have to dash out for now, but will return later tonight to help spruce up and decorate.
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 17, 2009
8:22 PM

Post #7179976

Im off to the nursery to to see whay I can conjur up!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2009
6:47 PM

Post #7182857

Well I fixed up a few arrangements on a couple of the tables and put a wooden cradle in the back for when YQ brings the new grandbaby over.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2009
7:02 PM

Post #7182901

BB, here is the beehive we talked about, it hangs over the tv at the cabin.

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2009
7:06 PM

Post #7182916

Look at the beautiful design, how do they do this?

Thumbnail by haighr

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 18, 2009
7:26 PM

Post #7182962

Steven, guess what - we got pears too, still a bit sour but maybe in a few more weeks.

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 18, 2009
11:43 PM

Post #7183794

The nest is beautiful! Well as luck would have it the one nest here fell out of the tree and broke and I think the coyotess got it after taht becasue it was in a million peices.. dang!

The second hive is still up in the tree, but it has a tear in the bottom from a branch rubbing.. so dont think we are gonn abe able to get that one either.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
12:12 AM

Post #7183949

Oh shoot, perhaps you will find another next season. I wonder how they make those, it is really just like paper mache with such an intriguing design.
Here it is hanging over the tv at the cabin.

Thumbnail by haighr

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2009
12:56 AM

Post #7184090

Hello everyone!!!!!! Remember me???????? well I'm nearly back, so this ole cafe is still going? think we need a makeover here, the paint is falling off the walls. LoL but the arrangements and grub are fabulous, darlings!!!!

Hope everyone is tip top? hello newgirl!!!! who's Fritz???? anyway will catch up with everything and everyone soon.

Ahhh new Grandbaby for Yardqueen, that's wonderrful news.

Just a flying visit, missed you all.
Terri
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2009
1:50 AM

Post #7184314

Blossom, check out the cafe mailbox...
A postcard from Liverpool!!!

It's peaceful here on Formby beach, the river Mersey in view.

Laters!

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 19, 2009
7:04 AM

Post #7185128

Terri!!!! Great that you can pop in the cafe, if only just for a bit. Here's some roses just for your table.

Thumbnail by soilsandup

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2009
10:51 AM

Post #7185252

Oh terri, soooo very goood to see you again, we all sure did miss you.

Big hug and an affectionate squeeze dear.

Here this is for you! It is a live planted arrangement! Do sit down and take a load off! Heeear too, have a cuppa (_)?

Oh Fritz,hmmm how to explain him. Maybe he will show himself again. He is really something, but shhhh, dont say anything about his nose.. he has a big bird complex...he has been the hired help around here and well...you know how wild and crazy things can get! He is like a beast in the jungle at times! But he sure can bake!

haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 19, 2009
12:20 PM

Post #7185445

Welcome home friend, so glad you had a minute to drop in. We didn't paint or do any restoration while you were gone cause we didn't want to be in the middle of it upon your return. Besides we know how you like to pick the paint colors. It has been a long time since the last restoration. Perhaps when you are back full time we can get a new thread started with the newly renovated cafe.
BB, you are not picking any furniture this time, too much retro stuff ^_^.
Brought this arrangement back in for your welcome home Terri, not much left to work with these days. Had our first frost last night.
Tim, Amy, Eva and Colton are coming tomorrow evening and staying for the week for muzzleloader season, so likely that I won't be around much, perhaps a bit during the day.
Oops almost forgot, when we renovate the cafe, can Fritz stay? He overhead Terri talking and was wondering if he was going to be replaced. I think he should go with us as Terri hasn't even had a chance to try his exotic chef treats? What do you all say?

Thumbnail by haighr

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2009
12:40 PM

Post #7185488

Well, Fritz can stay if SW approves. He got him the job so I think SW should have a say on that.

That is fine too on the furniture picking because well, I admit, that is not my bag. I will roll the new paint if ya'll chose the colors.

Out here we call it firearm season and I don't mind the hunting as long as the folks do it where they are not causing issues with other landowners who do not appreciate their sanctuaries disrupted. We will be carding folks for that.

Well terri so glad you are back and as soon as you get organized and settled in we all will pitch in for the new restoration!
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2009
3:21 PM

Post #7186045

Oh haighr, watch out around the butcher block, um "PyRex" is hanging around there.

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 19, 2009
10:19 PM

Post #7187641

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the pretty pink roses Dianne, lovely on my table! Is that a new vase??? I love it!!!
Blossom sweetie, please put the planted arrangement on the patio, Thank you it's beautiful.
I don't mind this Fritz guy staying if you say he can bake!!!!! sounds good to me.
I hope Candee is still baking on Fridays because I so look forward to her pies and cheesecakes.??

Yikes!!! you'd better give Plantgeek a call, she can take 'PyRex' home with her, haha!!

Candee, Hi, Love your Big leaves, looks like Jackson Pollock's been here LoL!! splashin' paint around on your leaves.
Thank you!!
It might be a while yet before I'm back, I think someone should risk it and open a new cafe', just make sure we look better than the rival hahaha!!!

Have fun!
Terri

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 19, 2009

Post #7187906

Terri, please open the new cafe and I will put the planter on the patio there! And everyone can load up the cyber-semi with all the goodies!

It is sooo good to have you back even if it is for a few moments and we look forward to your inspection of the new cyberbuilding as soon as you are able!

I love the postcard of the Mersey! Thank you so much!

Pyrex is slitherin around the peppers now so if Geek shows up hes in the laundryroom under the lights there! But tell him not to eat the pansys...He is a vegitarian yano!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2009

Post #7188291

Blossom my dear, I am 300 miles away from home, in a sleepy village with 1 flower shop !! ok slight exageration!!! but you get the picture?

Also!!! I came here for peace and quiet and now the whole flowerpot cafe' gang want to join me... LoL!!!

ok ok ... The Flowerpot cafe' flying teapot will be leaving here tomorrow for your trip to Formby ...
bring warm coats and sensible shoes!!

Mother!!!!!!!!! We better tidy up, the Americans are coming!!!!!
terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 20, 2009
1:20 AM

Post #7188410

btw, whats a yano??????
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2009
3:17 AM

Post #7188798

Yano, ya know! Cyber short for YA KNOW! LOL!

LOL! We yanks are coming! Do we cross the Mersey? Guess we will have to put the cyber semi on a boat! Dont forget your mum!

Ok, waving magic wand! You do the POOOF!

Oh and dont worry about the mess...you should see my house! LOL!

Dog, horses,donkey, hubby, = tracks, dishes, yikes!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 20, 2009
3:24 AM

Post #7188810

oops forgot Pyrex!

And the ruby slippers!

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2009
12:38 AM

Post #7191550

Hi Blossom and everyone!

Mum said I'm grounded for sneaking off on the internet... LoL

Looks like you will have to carry on without me for this week ... SOZ thats short for SORRY!!!
Nice to see my friend of the year ruby slippers card again, this year is running out and I might not see it again ever LOL
Thanks Blossom!!!

Yano!!!! I think post 7168562 would make a yummy Flowerpot cafe' 25.

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2009
1:12 AM

Post #7191696

MUM!!! Wait before you grind up terri for no good reason.. shes gotta open a new cafe!!

Here are some flowers for Mum too so she does not feel so bad and all left out.

soilsandup
Sacramento, CA
(Zone 9a)

October 21, 2009
3:49 AM

Post #7192354

Ohhhh - do we really get to go across the Mersey? I loved that song by Gerry and the Pacemakers -" Life goes on day after day, hearts torn in everyway, so Ferry, 'cross the Mersey, 'cause this land's the place I love, and here I'll stay." A perfect singing in the shower song.

I miss bumping around in that grand ole teapot. It's about time we went on another trip.
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 21, 2009
12:05 PM

Post #7192845

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1049924/

Will meet everyone at Terri's new cafe thread #25 which I began at her command ^_^
BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2009
12:41 PM

Post #7192944

Poooooof

pooooof

POOOOOOOF!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 21, 2009
12:50 PM

Post #7192972

I think this is going to be a great voyage crossing the Mersey!

Is everone aboard?

terriculture
london England
United Kingdom

October 21, 2009
11:51 PM

Post #7195164

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the new link Candee, it looks like a very inviting cafe' with all those cakes!
Hi Dianne, I love that song too! maybe I'll stay!!!!!

Hey Blossom, if we miss the ferry, we can jump aboard your cool boat!!!

My shadow is waving at you all from the beach !!!!!

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 22, 2009
1:21 AM

Post #7195483

Why certainly! hurry aboard we are off sailing! Dont forget the milky Joe!

Theres plenty of room for everyone! Just press the miniaturization button on Broomhilders broom! She will get us there!

SWoooosh! POOF!

Plooook!

Ribbet!
haighr
Laurel, DE
(Zone 7a)

October 22, 2009
12:02 PM

Post #7196490

Smiling and waving back at ya Terri. Have fun crossing the Mersey, I took the jet plane and got there ahead of everyone to get things set up.
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 27, 2009
3:20 AM

Post #7212407

I only managed to hop across the ditch to the Gold Coast...
but stopped to smell the flowers & a little birdy told me a few interesting tales

Thumbnail by dalfyre

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 27, 2009
12:57 PM

Post #7213117

Do tell! Morning all!
dalfyre
Christchurch
New Zealand

October 27, 2009
7:14 PM

Post #7214139

Another little birdy was too busy feasting to pose for photos...
can you see him?

Thumbnail by dalfyre

BLOSSOMBUDDY

(Zone 5a)

October 27, 2009
7:28 PM

Post #7214179

Nope! But I love the cockatoo!

Well, those egg rolls were delicious...burp!

How are eveyones rooms? Everyone moved in and settled?

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Cut Flowers and Floral Design Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Cut Flowers and Floral Design Forum dave 40 Apr 24, 2008 2:40 PM
Starting us off Wvdaisy 36 Apr 24, 2007 9:24 PM
My Tropical displays. celt33040 8 Apr 23, 2007 12:26 PM
Articles and tips about processing cut flowers.... gemini_sage 23 Aug 7, 2012 4:11 AM
Vases Lenjo 83 Jul 31, 2008 2:11 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America