Photo by Melody

Handyman: tips on temporary shade or canopy for worksight?

Communities > Forums > Handyman
bookmark
Forum: HandymanReplies: 1, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
stickfigure
Wallingford, PA

August 17, 2009
2:26 PM

Post #6956303

any ideas for a cheap way to shade a worksite in the heat of the day? I'm installing a patio and fireplace in full sun location in my yard. I think if I could put up a shade I might be able to get more work hours out of the day. I dont want to spend a fortune as it is only temporary.
Bubba_MoCity
Missouri City, TX

August 17, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6956920

I used some u-posts, attached cedar 2x4's, then stretched shade cloth from Home Depot to give our dogs some extra shade. Not very expensive, and everything is reusable later.

I had the shade cloth from a pvc frame I made for the garden. Drove 1/2" rebar a foot in the ground, then cut 1/2" ID pvc to 6' lengths. I used 3-way elbows and x connectors to support it. No glue, so I could dissasemble. Required some clotheline / nylon rope to keep it together, but no guy lines.

Another quick solution would be a 10x10 canopy, but it requires guy lines to keep the poles up.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America