Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Handyman: tips on temporary shade or canopy for worksight?

Communities > Forums > Handyman
bookmark
Forum: HandymanReplies: 1, Views: 31
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
stickfigure
Wallingford, PA

August 17, 2009
2:26 PM

Post #6956303

any ideas for a cheap way to shade a worksite in the heat of the day? I'm installing a patio and fireplace in full sun location in my yard. I think if I could put up a shade I might be able to get more work hours out of the day. I dont want to spend a fortune as it is only temporary.
Bubba_MoCity
Missouri City, TX

August 17, 2009
4:40 PM

Post #6956920

I used some u-posts, attached cedar 2x4's, then stretched shade cloth from Home Depot to give our dogs some extra shade. Not very expensive, and everything is reusable later.

I had the shade cloth from a pvc frame I made for the garden. Drove 1/2" rebar a foot in the ground, then cut 1/2" ID pvc to 6' lengths. I used 3-way elbows and x connectors to support it. No glue, so I could dissasemble. Required some clotheline / nylon rope to keep it together, but no guy lines.

Another quick solution would be a 10x10 canopy, but it requires guy lines to keep the poles up.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Handyman Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Easy "Water Pic" Hole Digger roadrunner 20 Apr 11, 2008 3:43 AM
My rain water harvesting pics Dinu 24 Mar 31, 2009 4:28 PM
a peculiar bookcase (Horseshoe, have a look!!) dpmichael 56 Mar 17, 2007 6:57 PM
concrete stain crestedchik 7 May 30, 2007 4:27 AM
hard to move sliding glass door Janiejoy 10 Jul 9, 2009 3:37 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America