Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper: goldenseal

Communities > Forums > Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper
bookmark
Forum: Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie SupperReplies: 7, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
daphnep
Jonesboro, GA

August 18, 2009
2:06 PM

Post #6960435

Your stories are so delightful, I can picture all of it in my mind. What wonderful and simple times, I sure miss those times. thanks for reminding me of what we are missing,
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
2:37 PM

Post #6960535

Daphnep, hello!

Guess we can all look back and remember those days with fondness. I just happen to have more days than most, I think. The fun part about writing these articles is that I kept diaries, and my mother never threw them away. So now I have Aunt Bett's writings, Ninna's recipes, and my own diaries. Can't help but remember with that combination.

I am glad that you can remember too.
Thanks for writing, it's great to hear from you.
LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

August 18, 2009
3:18 PM

Post #6960718

What a treasure. I've often considered keeping a journal but don't have anything interesting to report as you do. Always look forward to Tuesday with Sharron.

Christi
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
3:28 PM

Post #6960771

Hi, Christi, and I always look forward to hearing from you.

I'll bet you just think you don't have anything interesting to report. I am still waiting to hear about that new blue deck you just finished, and the 'river' that runs through...

Thanks for writing, goldenseal is one of those little controversies, and I wasn't sure if it was a very acceptable subject for discussion, so it's nice that there are those who do enjoy it as a salve or an ointment just as I did.

Hope your day is good.
roseone33
Southern Mountains, GA
(Zone 6b)

August 18, 2009
4:13 PM

Post #6960946

Another wonderful story. Thanks!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
6:06 PM

Post #6961309

Hi Roseone,
So good to hear from you again, and glad you liked the story.

Hope your weather is good now that the stormy season is upon the south.

Thank you
Sharon
kefir_mama
Ashland, OR

August 25, 2009
8:51 AM

Post #6985656

Sharon,

Nice story. You paint well with your words.

Goldenseal can be ingested in tincture form (and probably in tea from the dried powder). Usually it is in a formulation with echinacea for immune support - good to take when you're sick or coming down with something. HerbPharm has a mixture of these two.

Also, the local naturopath recommends an astringent goldenseal enema during a cleanse twice a year, using goldenseal powder. I tried it once and the powder is very expensive / not worth it. But in tincture form for oral ingestion, it's reasonably priced.

Just an FYI so people know it can be ingested as well.
Thanks for your article.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 25, 2009
2:08 PM

Post #6986253

And thank you so much for your information.

It's one of those plants that falls right out of my mind unless I am reminded of it. I do remember that my aunt added other things to it, but I wasn't sure what it was, when she made it into infusions...but that info was not stored in my memory bank, and it's difficult for me to write about something I don't know a thing about.

Your information has triggered a memory, and if it becomes clearer, I might have to add a bit more to the article. See how your words inspire me? All I remembered, and all I could write about, was how it was used for poison ivy. Now you have my thoughts going again.

Thank you. I am going to be on the lookout for the products you mention.

Hope your day is great.
Sharon

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good old Goldenseal the1pony 7 Aug 18, 2009 1:16 PM
I sure enjoyed this! Bookerc1 3 Aug 24, 2009 4:11 PM
Good phicks 7 Sep 3, 2009 12:35 AM
Does Bring Back Memories.... zhinusmom 1 Aug 19, 2009 4:03 AM
reminds me of... Dollykat 5 Aug 25, 2009 5:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America