Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper: I sure enjoyed this!

Communities > Forums > Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper
bookmark
Forum: Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie SupperReplies: 3, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

Bookerc1

Bookerc1
Mackinaw, IL
(Zone 5a)

August 18, 2009
5:45 PM

Post #6961250

Too bad box suppers have gone the way of ice cream socials. There is just nothing to draw people together like sharing a good meal! I'd much prefer this to all the door-to-door selling the kids have to do now to raise funds for school.

Great article, as usual!

Angie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
5:58 PM

Post #6961289

Hi Angie,

You and me too about the door to door selling. But as someone already said this morning, it's probably against all health regulations to have boxed pie suppers anymore. They sure were fun, though.

Your school is about to start, so very best wishes to you for a successful year. And to your boys too.

Thanks,
Sharon
lindabeck
Airdrie
Canada

August 24, 2009
3:34 PM

Post #6982854

Wonderful article, as usual, Sharon. I'm so glad I "inspired" you last week. (LOL!!!). Yes, it's true about the good old days - it was all about human interaction, and good friends were just that - not like today where things are so much more impersonal. Noone has time for any interactivity anymore and that's so sad. Your article brought back many nice memories!! And thanks for that great information!! I've always been interested in herbs and their helpful remedies and it's nice to be able to read about them in your articles. Take care, Sharon and have a wonderful day!!
Linda Lou
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 24, 2009
4:11 PM

Post #6982984

Linda,
You need to know that I get inspiration from lots of kind friends, sometimes when they don't even know they are giving it.

Thanks for writing again, and I hope your day is beautiful, too.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good old Goldenseal the1pony 7 Aug 18, 2009 1:16 PM
goldenseal daphnep 7 Aug 25, 2009 2:08 PM
Good phicks 7 Sep 3, 2009 12:35 AM
Does Bring Back Memories.... zhinusmom 1 Aug 19, 2009 4:03 AM
reminds me of... Dollykat 5 Aug 25, 2009 5:01 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America