Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger Wasp: Great Golden Digger Wasp

Communities > Forums > Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger Wasp
bookmark
Forum: Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger WaspReplies: 1, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kellysvixen
New London, MN

August 18, 2009
11:16 PM

Post #6962319

I noticed that Minnesota was not on the list of states that this wasp has been observed in. I have been watching these magnificent insects for three years in my yard. I look for them every year and have not been dissapointed. Even this summer when it has been cooler than usual they are here. I just watched one for a while on my Zuchini plants. I love it when they watch me.

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 18, 2009
11:21 PM

Post #6962336

We would be delighted to have a report from MN!

Here is the entry: http://davesgarden.com/guides/bf/go/649/

If you will scroll down the page you'll see a place to add a zip code for where you've seen the insect. Add the zip code and the corresponding town will then be displayed on the sighting list.

They are wonderful creatures and I've been watching them outside my office window for several weeks now.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: What's That Bug? Sphex ichneumoneus: The Great Golden Digger Wasp Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Interesting article. doccat5 5 Dec 24, 2008 7:53 PM
Reassured... unbalancedpj 1 Feb 24, 2008 7:43 PM
I was stung by one of these! djcodyblue 2 Mar 31, 2008 2:07 AM
Great Golden Digger Wasp... Kailani 3 Aug 24, 2009 7:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America