Photo by Melody

Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper: Great Story & Info!

Communities > Forums > Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper
bookmark
Forum: Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie SupperReplies: 1, Views: 10
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 21, 2009
9:21 PM

Post #6973486

Great story about box suppers, and of course we never get tired of hearing about Aunt Bett and her remedies, this time using Goldenseal. The feather-hair' thingie you invented as an Indian was very creative; too bad your Dad needed the shoelaces back---darn-it! When my 2 older brothers and I played Cowboys & Indians, they were the cowboys & they told me to be the Indian; but it wasn't fair, really, because one or both of them shot me, and I Always died! Yep, they had to carry me off the battleground, by my hands and feet, my long hair hanging down to the ground; my Mom told me later that she was always afraid I was going to be accidentally 'scalped' if one of the boys stepped on my hair! Ha!
I don't remember box suppers, and we lived in the country. We did have those Halloween Carnivals, which helped the school funds, I guess. Our little community and church did have those covered dish suppers, which were yummy; in fact, the church we attend today has the same kind of dinners sometimes, which are always fun. Hope your August gardening isn't too unbearable in the heat! =)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 21, 2009
9:59 PM

Post #6973634

Petal, my dear, you might not remember boxed pie suppers because I am probably years older than you and it was before your time!

Funny about the scalping, good thing I didn't have brothers, well, I do have one but he is wayyy younger than me.

Yes, church suppers are great too.

Gardening is very hot, and not nearly as much fun as it was, say in April...Bet it's hotter even for you!

So good to see you again. Thank you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Goldenseal and the Boxed Pie Supper Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Good old Goldenseal the1pony 7 Aug 18, 2009 1:16 PM
goldenseal daphnep 7 Aug 25, 2009 2:08 PM
I sure enjoyed this! Bookerc1 3 Aug 24, 2009 4:11 PM
Good phicks 7 Sep 3, 2009 12:35 AM
Does Bring Back Memories.... zhinusmom 1 Aug 19, 2009 4:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America