smocking

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Does anyone do any smocking? I used to do dresses for DD. She is now 17 and wouldn't appreciate it anymore. I still have alot of patterns.

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

I still do smocking! Here are two of my projects:

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/773207/

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/813800/

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Those are cool. I like the fishes. Thanks for the posts.

Yorkshire,

Oh my!! Jeannie those are beautiful and so nicely smocked. I fear I'll never be quite that good.

Jumper2 I'm just learning how to smock after seeing some rather pretty Christmas balls made using polestyrene balls and smocked bands. I bought a smocking pleater and really enjoy practicing. I had no idea you could actually get patterns for smocking. I thought people were really clever and just made the designs up as they smocked. In fact I just bought a book of square graph paper so that I could make some designs for this years smocked balls.
I have some pictures of the balls I made last year somewhere and will post one if I remember (but you all must promise not to laugh) LOL

Thanks for the original post Jumper2 it was great to hear there are others out there that smock.

Terri

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I have patterns for balls and eggs. They are really cool. I even have one for smocking on the top edge of stockings.

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks Terri - you just have to keep practising!

Yorkshire,

Jumper2, what a lovely idea! I would never thought to use smocking for the top of a stocking. Would you share with me where you bought the patterns as I would love to get some and doing an online search didn't give me much info. Do you have any pictures of your smocking?

Thanks Jeannie63, the finished articles are so pretty that even with the little mistakes everyone admires them... worth keeeping practicing I think :)

Terri

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh, believe me, mine are full of mistakes!

(Barb) Manchester, NH(Zone 5a)

Where can I go to learn? Is there anything on-line?

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

No pics, but I'll look up the pattern companies for you.

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

I found the pattern for the stocking top and a ball. "Christmas Ball and Stocking with Candy Cane Letters" by ellen mccarn. McCarn Enterprises is the company.

Yorkshire,

Thanks Jumper2, I'll do a Google search for them later :)
Looking forward to seeing those.

Terri

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

Pottery Barn shows curtains with smoking on top which I would like to duplicate.....Helene
Anyone have aptternfor this kind of smoking.?

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Can you send a link?

Mequon, WI(Zone 4b)

Oh wow, those are pretty!

Huron, OH(Zone 5b)

Cool!

Longboat Key, FL(Zone 9b)

I'd like this look for 2 BR but i don't necessarly like the fabric. Too much work to make my self. There are other companies that have them (iguess it's an in thing) but much $$$.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images