Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: I Called It Jellamy: Canning: Loved it!

Communities > Forums > Article: I Called It Jellamy: Canning
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Called It Jellamy: CanningReplies: 3, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
dancingbear27
Elba, NY
(Zone 6a)

August 22, 2009
2:37 AM

Post #6974643

I agree that you should write a book. Love it every time you post an article. Brings back wonderful memories. One of my earliest childhood memories of my grandma and I sitting on her back porch shelling peas and her telling me that at least some of them need to hit the bowl and not into my belly!

At the moment I have a broken right wrist and told the doctor that I needed a soft removable cast and not a permanent one because I have too much canning to get done! I am in my early 40's and there just doesn't seem to be many my age that still can and make jelly. As soon as my tomatoes are ready I have several girls from work coming over to "help" because they all want to learn how it's done. Hopefully I can teach a few more so they can pass on the same memories onto their generations to come, not to mention the yummy results! Guess there is a reason I married a crop farmer...
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 22, 2009
2:44 AM

Post #6974660

"Pass it on"...that's the most important part.
I could talk all day about lessons learned in our childhood that need to be passed on. I am so glad you know how to can and preserve food. Bet your hubby is happy with the match too.

And that's what I want my articles to do, pass it on. There's a wealth of information to be had, but it stops if it's no longer used or mentioned. You just hit the nail on the head.

It is so good to hear from you, and so great to know that you are teaching all your friends how to do something important. Sorry about your wrist, you be careful with it. And yes, I know all about eating a pea, dropping a pea in the pot, eat a pea, drop a pea, and so it goes.

Thank you so much!
Sharon
SunnyBorders
Aurora, ON
(Zone 5a)

September 1, 2009
3:04 AM

Post #7011166

Absolutely delightful, Sharon, and this time a little bit sad.
But now, at least, there's lots of people who appreciate the work of that clever young girl!
Charlie
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2009
3:47 AM

Post #7011342

Charlie, you always make my heart smile.
Thank you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Called It Jellamy: Canning Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
:-) 4paws 6 Aug 23, 2009 2:23 AM
You make me smile..... imapigeon 3 Aug 31, 2008 4:42 PM
Good phicks 1 Aug 31, 2008 8:35 PM
Great memories Shar! heavenscape 1 Aug 31, 2008 11:53 PM
Jellamy Aunt_A 3 Sep 1, 2008 10:49 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America