Photo by Melody

Article: I Called It Jellamy: Canning: Jellamy!

Communities > Forums > Article: I Called It Jellamy: Canning
bookmark
Forum: Article: I Called It Jellamy: CanningReplies: 1, Views: 11
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 22, 2009
3:17 PM

Post #6975873

Jellamy! Love that word, Sharon, Ha! Never heard it before, and at first I thought, What the heck is That? Now that I know, I'll have to tell my kids, while eating something with jelly, 'Wow, this is so thick it's almost like jellamy', and they'll say,'What?!' Love new meaningful words, and new articles from your memory---although I saw this was already on DG, but I guess I wasn't a member yet. Didn't it aggravate you to no end when you were a kid, and some things you had already learned how to do, and some adults would treat you like a 'normal' little child who didn't know what they were doing ?! And that cousin...there are always one or two cousins who have to go run and tattle on you, even if you're trying to help! Well, I'm sure your colorful clothespin dolls were much prettier than your cousin's muslin-colored ones...did you ever ask her Why she preferred drab clothes to pretty ones?! I think she was just jealous because she didn't know how to dye the fabric, and she was the Older cousin, and this was a good way to get back at you...poor Sharon! Well, at least she finally gave you a couple of clothespins to make dolls; I'm sure if you & your cousin had pretended to have a 'Doll Beauty Contest', yours would have won 1st place!--- unless Katie was the lone judge, Ha!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 22, 2009
3:41 PM

Post #6975946

Good Morning, Petal,

It is such a beautiful morning here, with temps only in the 70's, can't remember feeling the 70's in awhile during the day. And your comments made me smile right out loud again. Been doing that a lot lately.

Ahhh Katie and other relatives. I guess it was my fault. I never did learn how to play with kids, I didn't have any living near me, and at school it was just jacks and marbles and hopscotch and jump rope such. Not much one on one and never with dolls. So I didn't know how to play with kids, and they sure didn't know how to play with me.

Most of the adults I was closest to knew me well, and tolerated my inclination to say whatever was on my mind, so that was good. The problems came when I sort of suggested I knew more about a topic than they did, but only if the topic was about something I did know. I really was a good child, it was just that I didn't know how to be the little girl they expected me to be. Children often were to be seen and not heard, and I didn't fit very well when that was expected. I learned that a little too late too stop it from happening again and again.

But now Katie, well, she was an albatross I carried for years, and nothing I said or did could ever resolve that issue. I never stood a chance with her.

Have a great day, Petal, it's always so nice to hear from you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: I Called It Jellamy: Canning Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
:-) 4paws 6 Aug 23, 2009 2:23 AM
You make me smile..... imapigeon 3 Aug 31, 2008 4:42 PM
Good phicks 1 Aug 31, 2008 8:35 PM
Great memories Shar! heavenscape 1 Aug 31, 2008 11:53 PM
Jellamy Aunt_A 3 Sep 1, 2008 10:49 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America