Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Lungwort Revisited: pretty but prolific

Communities > Forums > Article: Lungwort Revisited
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lungwort RevisitedReplies: 4, Views: 61
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bookwormer401
Dallas, OR
(Zone 8a)

August 24, 2009
4:13 PM

Post #6982988

I love the pink and purple flowers of my pulmonarias, and the spotted leaves are a plus. However, I have found them to be extremely invasive, and when I decided to clear them from one area, I found that they had incredible, huge, woody root systems - just a warning...
kmm44
Dayton, OH

August 25, 2009
2:53 PM

Post #6986425

Wow, I've never heard of pulmonaria being invasive. I've had two different kinds for years and they've hardly spread at all. Of course, mine are planted with a bunch of other shade plants and I'm always fighting the weeds in those areas, so maybe they have nowhere to go, lol.
joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

August 22, 2011
5:22 AM

Post #8770303

Mine self-seed prolifically too. I just give the extras to friends or sell them.
womanonamission
Homewood, IL

August 22, 2011
9:44 AM

Post #8770850

Yes, mine self-seed very well but because there is a lot of plants in the area where I have them planted the seedlings have not gotten out of bounds. But since I like this plant I don't mind that it reseeds. I am interested in what the new plants' flowers will look like though.

Coneflowers, corydalis, hosta, brunnera, and pulmonaria seem to all like seeding in my yard. I've been able to share my plants with others who are just getting started and are on a budget.

I wish I had the time to sell some of my seedlings as I can't always find homes for them all.
joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

September 12, 2011
1:25 PM

Post #8805393

Womanonamission, I just advertise them in the farm and garden section on craigslist. Easy!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lungwort Revisited Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great Article staceysmom 6 Aug 25, 2009 10:41 AM
Another winning article. lortay 9 Sep 5, 2011 8:33 AM
A trumpet-like plant royaloak966 0 Aug 24, 2009 3:41 PM
Heat zone shesh62 0 Aug 26, 2009 4:21 PM
I appreciate all the info. Igrowinpa 0 Aug 20, 2011 6:15 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America