Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Its a lot like FALL

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Any one notice how late the sun comes up?
Cooler nights?
Mums starting to open?
Whats your sense of the season?
I love the lighting in the early AM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

Very mystical looking picture. The weather here lately reminds me of San Francisco, cool mornings, warm afternoons and cool in the evening. Fall is coming.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Yep

Thumbnail by ge1836
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Harvesting seeds, annuals winding down, all the brugmansia loaded with buds and having to set the timer on the living room lamp a half hour earlier.

X

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

groaan

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

ditto

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

this is a side by side of the same view 1 year apart.
This is a new garden in 2008 I had planted the fatas in May when the bulbs came from Brent andBeckys, had no idea when they would bloom.They were ontime this year.
In the first pix you can see the 2 phlox blooms.What a difference a year makes.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Baton Rouge, LA

Wow, that's quite a change! Very pretty =)

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'm certainly noticing that it's getting dark around 8 PM here. I used to be able to work outside for an hour but now I can only do it with the aid of the outdoor lights. Some of our nicest weather is in October.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I love October, crisp cold air and warm sun.
Apples, winter vedgtables,The dead tree comes down,I start my coleus cuttings.
We wont get that combination until late April around here.

Dover, PA(Zone 6b)

Funny, It's been so hot here and then just a couple of days ago I went outside and thought WOW you can feel Fall in the air. Yes many of my plants seem to be pushing out more flower buds and the Asters and Mums are starting to bloom even the light is different. What a short summer this has been.

Thumbnail by HollyAnnS
Jersey Shore, NJ(Zone 7a)

What a pretty picture Jo Ann. I guess fall is almost here, I love sweater weather,but we just didn't have enough spring and summer.

Jo Ann, I can see a watercolor in that photo!

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

I have a dying echinacia to paint first.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.