Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Snowflakes for the Garden...the Blooming Kind!: re: Autumn Crocus

Communities > Forums > Article: Snowflakes for the Garden...the Blooming Kind!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Snowflakes for the Garden...the Blooming Kind!Replies: 2, Views: 25
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
enyeholt
Village of Port Clem
Canada

August 26, 2009
3:26 AM

Post #6988965

Do you happen to know the correct name of Autumn Crocus?
It blooms prior to leaves in the Fall. Its usually soft purple and I can't seem to find it anywhere to buy some. It does well in the Pacific Northwest of Canada. I am on the Queen Charlotte islands.
Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

August 26, 2009
9:22 AM

Post #6989365

Check out one of my earlier articles. http://davesgarden.com/guides/articles/view/238/ and see if you find it there.
enyeholt
Village of Port Clem
Canada

September 7, 2009
8:15 PM

Post #7037153

I got the name from a friend... Colchicum.
Also I got a hot tip on buying the corms from a Place in Alberta Canada, which works for me since I live in B.C. Botanus.com It came from Dahia in Calgary thru Daves Garden.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Snowflakes for the Garden...the Blooming Kind! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Never heard of these McGlory 0 Aug 15, 2009 8:43 PM
snowflakes travelgal 0 Aug 18, 2009 4:09 PM
Beautiful Snowflakes- Petalpants 0 Aug 19, 2009 4:18 PM
Canadian Gardeners enyeholt 1 Sep 7, 2009 9:17 PM
plant bulbs in my lawn? binibusybee 2 Feb 24, 2014 8:03 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America