-
AuthorContent
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

August 27, 2009
3:30 PM

Post #6994218

Ahhh Ben, you have a brand new day ahead of you, a new canvas to fill with color. Don't let the sad become more than the possible.

And think of what you did with the soil, you have given it substance, and it'll keep right on giving back. Also think of the joy of those with whom you are sharing those plants you can't take with you.

Yes, I guess I do see the glass as half full, never half empty.
I am looking forward to hearing about the new canvas you will soon have in front of you.

Best wishes to you and to your family. And thanks for the lovely article.
Sharon
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 27, 2009
4:05 PM

Post #6994379

Hey there Sharon,

I too am a half glass full kind of person and yes, it is sad to tear down something you work so hard to build but I am doing it with kindness and sharing everything that comes out. The soil is in great shape and will be for a while I think. My biggest hope is another gardener moves in.

Upon arrival to Denver, I pray for a place with a garden. It may not happen but we'll see. If so, bulbs will go in straight away and come spring, I will bet my gardener's paintbrushes out (trowel, shovel and other tools) and paint a new picture.

Thank you kindly Sharon for your lovely comments and best wishes to you too.

Blessings,
Ben
Hemophobic
Kannapolis, NC

August 27, 2009
9:47 PM

Post #6995494

Ben: My mouth dropped as I read your article and when I came to the part about having to move again, I said aloud, "Oh, no." I was particularly distressed about having to restore the place to its original state: dry, hard, barren earth. I guess there's a twisted logic in that, though. As you said, the next occupant might not be a gardener and things would be left to struggle or die. Hard for us gardeners to imagine that not everyone shares our visions, huh?

I just know that the garden waiting for you in Denver (whether real or in gestation) will be even lovelier than the one you are having to dismantle and leave behind. God's blessings on you both as you make this move. I think it's exciting!

Hugs,

Angie
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 27, 2009
10:36 PM

Post #6995636

Hey there Angie,

Thank you SO much. ^_^

Well, I cannot return the clay so if the next occupants do want to garden, they at least have some nice soil. Smiles.

The move will be exciting and I cannot wait to write of my new garden adventures in the Rockies!

Hugs back to you my friend and God's blessings to you as well.
Ben

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Penciled In Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Movin' On Potagere 2 Aug 27, 2009 4:13 PM
Family postmandug 6 Aug 28, 2009 3:25 PM
What a good reminder CapeCodGardener 5 Aug 28, 2009 8:48 PM
Hey Ben, Kathleen 8 Sep 6, 2009 5:44 PM
So sorry, margaran 3 Aug 17, 2013 5:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America