-
AuthorContent
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 27, 2009
6:19 PM

Post #6994869

What an adventure you have ahead! We are rooted deeply here - no moves in our near future. Some people think farms tie you down, but I think they hold us in place. I will, however, be looking for news of your adventure.

Kathleen

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 27, 2009
10:15 PM

Post #6995576

Yes, Ben, I will eagerly look forward to the next stage of your adventure! Don't forget to save some seeds. Tell your landlord you won't be able to return the soil to its unimproved state, unfortunately. ^_^
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 27, 2009
10:39 PM

Post #6995649

Hey there Kathleen,

I would love to have a farm. It is a life dream of mine actually. Not one that my livelihood would depend upon but one with lots of land and livestock. That to me is the perfect kind oflife.

Hi Carrie,

I have seeds from plants that should grow in my new zone. I cannot wait to plant.

That last bit made me laugh out loud. I will actually tell her that. She's pretty easy going and actually does appreciate the fact I improved the soil and look but she just wants plants that will make it without pampering and all that so the next occupant won't have to fuss with it if they aren't a gardener. Fair enough I suppose. smiles.

Blessings to you both!
Ben

carrielamont

carrielamont
Milton, MA
(Zone 6a)

August 27, 2009
11:44 PM

Post #6995805

Well, Johnny-jump-ups and laughing are both good! I wish her the first and you the second!
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 28, 2009
3:47 AM

Post #6996587

Your wish came true Carrie. ^_^
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2009
11:06 AM

Post #6996977

Nothing like leaving johnny-jump-ups in your wake.

There is a nursery called High Country Gardens http://davesgarden.com/products/gwd/c/28/
If you don't know them already, look into their catalog. They have lots of lovelies that will fit into a Denver garden.

Kathleen
BennysPlace
Beverly Hills, CA

August 28, 2009
3:46 PM

Post #6997743

Hi Kathleen,

I am HUGE fan of High Country Gardens and I have always wanted to see the nursery first hand. On my way to Denver, I am going to stop. I won't be able to buy anything but I really want to look. It will be fun!

All the best,
Ben
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

August 28, 2009
9:12 PM

Post #6998884

Okay, now I'm very jealous. lol, walk around once for me!

K
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

September 6, 2009
5:44 PM

Post #7032567

This brought tears to my eyes, as I am guessing you shed a few too. Good luck in your next gardening adventure.

I know it is past this point now, but maybe the landlord could have tried to rent the place first and maybe someone who enjoys gardens or gardening might have rented it and LOVED to do the maintenance. I imagine what you planted was not high maintenance as those plants likely would have died during the harsh summers.

I also would love to be able to stop at the "other" Dave's garden, High Country Gardens. Have seen a snippet of his place on Gardening By the Yard TV Show.

Lynda

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Penciled In Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Movin' On Potagere 2 Aug 27, 2009 4:13 PM
A new day Sharran 3 Aug 27, 2009 10:36 PM
Family postmandug 6 Aug 28, 2009 3:25 PM
What a good reminder CapeCodGardener 5 Aug 28, 2009 8:48 PM
So sorry, margaran 3 Aug 17, 2013 5:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America