Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DianeEG
Galva, IL

August 28, 2009
12:41 PM

Post #6997170

Like you, when I first started making jelly, I had one whole season's worth of grapes not jell. Totally, happened just like you. Instead of calling it a failure, I called it grape syrup. I know - a stretch. But, it tasted great on French toast, pancakes, ice cream and muffins. One thing about DG, we can get plenty of support, instruction and laughs about the "year such and such happened."

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

August 29, 2009
12:18 PM

Post #7000701

Hi Diane, we used ours as a topping too. That's so true about DG support, help and laughs :)))

This year we froze our grapes because we were having company the weekend we harvested them. We may process some today. My husband bought liquid pectin by mistake, so we're going to try using it. This means deviating from my posted tried and true recipe...eeegads...wish us luck! It could be another failure...I mean syrup 'success' ^_^

Thanks for commenting.

Happy & Healthy Gardening,
~DW

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Beginner's Guide to Making Jam or Jelly Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you so much! Sundownr 13 Aug 20, 2009 12:23 AM
Thank you!! 1AnjL 2 Oct 12, 2008 2:03 AM
Thank you! saanansandy 2 Aug 20, 2009 12:13 AM
Helpful Hints Petalpants 5 Sep 30, 2010 9:47 PM
Thank You FenwickFarm 1 Aug 25, 2009 2:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America