Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Seed Germination: What do the professionals know that I don't?

Communities > Forums > Seed Germination
bookmark
Forum: Seed GerminationReplies: 1, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LAS14
Albany, ME
(Zone 4b)

August 28, 2009
6:34 PM

Post #6998408

I planted two beds of pink campanula medium this June. One was from seeds I got at Chiltern seeds and the other was from seeds I harvested from my own plants. They both sat in the same drawer over the winter. Now the Chiltern bed has dozens and dozens of 1 inch seedlings, while my home-grown bed has 5. The beds are 2 feet from each other - same soil, same treatment, same light. Does anyone know what's going on?

TIA
LAS
trc65
Galesburg, IL

August 28, 2009
7:16 PM

Post #6998540

One guess is that the seeds were immature when you harvested them. Just a guess, I'm not that familiar with Campanula medium.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Seed Germination Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propagation: Why are some seedlings "leggy"? gardendragon 18 May 8, 2013 6:47 PM
Welcome to the Seed Germination Discussion Forum! dave 20 Dec 23, 2009 2:56 PM
Jiffy Mini-Greenhouse for starting seeds PeggieK 188 Mar 21, 2013 11:19 AM
Stratification kimmers 27 Mar 26, 2014 4:37 PM
Sowing in Spaghnum moss Laurie1 3 Mar 8, 2007 11:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America