Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Flowers as a theme in Philately: Lovely article

Communities > Forums > Article: Flowers as a theme in Philately
bookmark
Forum: Article: Flowers as a theme in PhilatelyReplies: 3, Views: 23
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
kniphofia
Morpeth
United Kingdom
(Zone 8a)

August 29, 2009
7:11 AM

Post #7000489

I really enjoyed this article, stamp collecting seems to be a forgotten hobby these days which is a shame.

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

August 29, 2009
12:23 PM

Post #7000711

I've seen people disposing off the mail envelope mercilessly into the dustbin! There were some bunches of old letters and papers packed away in an old almirah many years back, by my grandfather. I happened to open it and I found in them many old stamps with King George V on them. Both British and Indian. Taking them off from the envelope or card was a pain!
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

November 28, 2010
6:53 AM

Post #8234130

How enjoyable to find your article this Sunday morning, Denu. The flowers are just beautiful. How great that a post office somewhere would have the taste to select them for postage!

Dinu

Dinu
Mysore
India
(Zone 10a)

November 28, 2010
9:45 AM

Post #8234422

Yes, the dept.of Posts are doing their bit but the sad part is, there is less and less interest in this beautiful hobby of stamp collecting.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Flowers as a theme in Philately Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful stamps and article Dea 1 Aug 29, 2009 3:21 PM
Great phicks 1 Aug 30, 2009 8:36 AM
Me Too! Petalpants 0 Aug 30, 2009 8:53 PM
Canada had Day lilies stamps CLScott 4 Jan 1, 2013 8:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America