Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Hummingbird Pollinators: Phygelius

Communities > Forums > Article: Hummingbird Pollinators
bookmark
Forum: Article: Hummingbird PollinatorsReplies: 1, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Margie721
Ashley, IL

August 30, 2009
5:45 PM

Post #7004999

I just purchases a coral princess phygelius...I have never planted one before and it doesn't seem to being to well...it looks kind of dried out...is this what happens in the fall? Can someone please help me!
margie

wind

wind
Mount Laurel, NJ
(Zone 7a)

September 1, 2009
12:00 PM

Post #7012125

Hi Margie,

I would transplant and water it, it may be in need of more nutrients, or it could very well be reacting to the cooler temperatures. Our phygelius is not dried out at this time but we (NJ) are behind you in 'fall' temps. I'm not sure what happens in the fall, I've always taken ours inside to over winter.

To find out more information, try posting your question on the DG Cottage Gardening Discussion Forum for members: http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/cottage/all/ They are a great, knowledgeable group and I'm sure someone there can help you.

Good luck!

Happy & Healthy Gardening,
Diana

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Hummingbird Pollinators Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
thank you! onewish1 14 Jun 17, 2009 1:24 PM
Hummingflies Potagere 4 Jun 17, 2009 1:38 PM
Another Hummer article wind 0 Jun 17, 2009 2:31 AM
Ruby throated hummer near Ceresco, Ne Ricinne 1 Jun 22, 2009 6:15 PM
Hummingbird Hawkmoth K2ne643D76s 1 Jul 21, 2009 7:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America