Can someone id this mushroom? Is it poisenous? Thanks
Stinkhorn Phallus impudicus.
Not poisonous, but not edible either (they can be eaten when very young, still in the 'egg' stage). As you've probably noticed, the full-grown fungus has a revolting smell, which attracts carrion flies to disperse the spores.
Thanks resin....I have not noticed a foul smell or many flies around it.
Probably finished smelling now - it looks a bit 'past its best'.
Read more about them here: http://www.mushroomexpert.com/phallus_impudicus.html